/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What kind of relationship do Muslims have with Mohammed and Allah?

Alexia202
02-15-2018, 07:20 PM
Hello again,
Thanks to all who have answered my questions so far. For those who do not know, I am not Muslim myself. I am currently an agnositc who grew up with a Christian background, and I would like to know more about Islam.

A bit more on my question: I am wondering, what is the exact relationship between a follower of the Muslim faith and Mohammad/Allah? I am aware that Mohammad was a prophet, and Allah's messenger. Coming from a Christian background, I know that Christians worship Jesus, and they have a personal relationship with Jesus, they pray to him for guidance, they attribute miracles to Jesus, when they pray they pray to God but also to Jesus, basically, Jesus is seen as supernatural, and on equal playingfield as God. In Islam, is this the same for Mohammed? Or is Allah seen as the figure one would pray to/have a relationship with? I am kind of having a hard time asking this question, and I realize my question is all over the place. However, is Mohammed for Muslims the same as Jesus for Christians, or is the relationahip, and communication between Muslims and Mohammed different than between Christians and Jesus?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
02-15-2018, 07:49 PM
Hello to you

We Muslims don´t pray prophet Muhammad or ask help or guidance from him but from Allah only. We also respect every other prophets, including prophet Isa (Jesus) but only as the prophets whose have conveyed the message of Allah to the mankind. So yes, it´s very different than with Christians.

Futuwwa
02-15-2018, 08:49 PM
Having a "relationship" of any kind with Muhammed would be a strange thing, and not just a little bit heretical. The mainstream view is that he is meant to be seen as a role model. He is human like us, just someone who was chosen to be the final prophet. His relationship with Allah is what our relationship with Allah is meant to be.

*charisma*
02-15-2018, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alexia202
Hello again,
Thanks to all who have answered my questions so far. For those who do not know, I am not Muslim myself. I am currently an agnositc who grew up with a Christian background, and I would like to know more about Islam.

A bit more on my question: I am wondering, what is the exact relationship between a follower of the Muslim faith and Mohammad/Allah? I am aware that Mohammad was a prophet, and Allah's messenger. Coming from a Christian background, I know that Christians worship Jesus, and they have a personal relationship with Jesus, they pray to him for guidance, they attribute miracles to Jesus, when they pray they pray to God but also to Jesus, basically, Jesus is seen as supernatural, and on equal playingfield as God. In Islam, is this the same for Mohammed? Or is Allah seen as the figure one would pray to/have a relationship with? I am kind of having a hard time asking this question, and I realize my question is all over the place. However, is Mohammed for Muslims the same as Jesus for Christians, or is the relationahip, and communication between Muslims and Mohammed different than between Christians and Jesus?
Jesus peace be upon him, was a prophet and was able to perform certain miracles by Allah's permission. However, even with those miracles he is still regarded as just a prophet because it was Allah who gave him the ability and permission to perform those miracles. Muhammed peace be upon his also is seen as just a prophet. Both are loved and respected to a great degree in Islam (as well as all of the other prophets such as Adam, Solomon, etc.). However, at the end of the day they are all Allah's creations. Worshipping any of Allah's creations puts Muslims out of the fold of Islam. So yes, Allah is the only one we worship and He is not a human, bears no children, and has no partners.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Wisdom
02-19-2018, 04:36 AM
To be fairly honest there is really not much relationship between the follower and Muhammed except Muhammed was the messenger. All the sources and recordings was sent down upon Muhammed as Allah has chosen him to deliver the message. Other then that there is not much relationship. He was an individual who lived ones like everyone else now. He fullfilled his personal task and job that Allah has hired him for which was delivering the message.

But there is Relationship between You and Allah and this Relationship goes above Child-parent relationship. Creator-creation relationship is above child-parent relatiionship. It's hard to put it in words but it's like literally that someone who gave you certain character unique to you down to dot and intellectual.

You can't call out to Muhammed(sa) and ask things of him.. This is shirk AKBAR meaning making equals to God. hence this is viewed as the biggest sin.

So in a sense there is no relationship between you and Muhammed except his the model character to learn from his behaviour and characteristics. He was sent for to notify people and that was his solely job and show people how to behave with good morality

anatolian
02-19-2018, 04:48 PM
We do not have a relationship with Muhammed but we have a relation to him. This is a one sided relationship. We love him, send him blessings and try to be like him although he passed away 1400 years ago.

azc
02-19-2018, 06:16 PM
Prophet s.a.w is our love, our pride. He is our guide. We love him more than Christians love prophet Jesus a.s but our love isn't blind.

we bow and prostrate before Our Lord Our Allah swt, the creator, the sustainer and nourisher.

IslamLife00
02-20-2018, 02:31 AM
Hello again,

Not the same. Muhammad sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam is Prophet of Allah, not son of Allah. There is no God except Allah.

33:40 Muhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing.
39:11 Say, [O Muhammad], "Indeed, I have been commanded to worship Allah, [being] sincere to Him in religion.

Allah commands the muslims to obey, not to worship / pray to, the prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam

33:66 The Day that their faces will be turned upside down in the Fire, they will say: "Woe to us! Would that we had obeyed Allah and obeyed the Messenger!"
47:33 O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger; and do not invalidate your deeds.
4:80 He who obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah ; but those who turn away - We have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) over them as a guardian.

Ümit
02-20-2018, 08:54 AM
Hello again,

What relationship can one have with his leader?
One can be proud of his country...one can be proud of his leader...one can love and obey their leader.
We have a similar relationship with Muhammed sas. We love him. he is our guide. But he is nothing more than a guide. He has no powers to hear our prayers, nor to fullfill them. We only worship Allah. We do have a personal relationship with Allah. we pray to him for guidance. miracles are only to be attributed to Allah.

The only thing supernatural about Isa, Muhammed and every other prophet is that they had a direct connection with God. They were permitted to do miracles and they received divine messages which they passed through to us.

We also believe in Jesus (Isa as). just like Muhammed sas, Isa as also was only a prophet...nothing more.

A786
02-21-2018, 12:31 AM
Hello again,

Thank you for your question. In the simplest terms, Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) is a mere example of how Humans (muslims) should be. He is not somebody we worship or ask for guidance or anything like that. He was a part of mankind and is seen as a role model for mankind to look up too and try to reflect their life to prophet Mohammed (PBUH) as much as possible. Allah is the only one we Muslims worship and he is the supreme being, he is God, most gracious, most merciful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.