/* */

PDA

View Full Version : assalamualaikum everyone

Abdul Aalee
02-16-2018, 12:30 AM
I know these threads aren't the most exciting, but I figured I'd do it anyway.

I'm an American who reverted about a year ago. I'm in my 30s, married with a son, and currently working in finance (investments), as well as finishing up a law degree. At the moment, I am the only Muslim in my family. My wife is was raised nonreligious by parents that fled the middle east when their minority group was threatened. She has some cultural baggage that keeps her from accepting Islam, but I make dua daily and ask Allah (swt) to open her heart to the straight path. My parents are fundamentalist right-wing Christians that would probably disown or kill me if they found out.

I joined the forums to learn more and maybe read/contribute something beneficial when I'm browsing online.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamLife00
02-16-2018, 02:22 AM
Wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

in sha Allah you will find the forum beneficial and able to contribute something beneficial back
may Allah guide your parents and your wife to Islam
may Allah keep you safe and your eeman firm

azc
02-16-2018, 02:32 AM
:wa: Welcome to islamicboard. Feel free to ask any question.

Zzz_
02-16-2018, 03:19 AM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

welcome to the forum. Hope your say here is fruitful inshallah.

If your life is in danger, you probably should relocate away from your family.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
eesa the kiwi
02-16-2018, 03:40 AM
Wa alaikum salam rahmatulah wa barakatu welcome

Abdul Aalee
02-16-2018, 04:36 AM
Jazakallah Khair - I appreciate the warm welcome from you all.

format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
If your life is in danger, you probably should relocate away from your family.
Your concern is truly appreciated. I actually live in another state now.

cinnamonrolls1
02-16-2018, 06:58 AM
Salam! Welcome to the forum. May Allah keep you and your wife and kids safe, and keep your iman strong.

Sent from my [device_name] using IslamicBoard mobile app

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.