/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are Jinns able to teleport?

space
02-17-2018, 01:08 AM
we know that they can disappear, change their shape, walk through the walls. fly and such, but are they able to teleport the large things & themselves as well?

I was just thinking about how this could be possible if it was true.. here is the Surah An-Naml - Verses 38-40

قَالَ يَآ أَيُّهَا الْمَلَؤُا أَيُّكُمْ يَأْتِينِي بِعَرْشِهَا قَبْلَ أَن يَأْتُونِي مُسْلِمِينَ
قَالَ عِفْرِيتٌ مّـِنَ الْجِنّ-ِ أَنَاْ ءَاتِيكَ بِهِ قَبْلَ أَن تَقُومَ مِن مَّقَامِكَ وَإِنّـِي عَلَيْهِ لَقَوِيٌّ أَمِينٌ
38. “(Solomon) said: ‘O chiefs!) which of you can bring to me her throne before they come to me in submission?’”
39. “One audacious among the jinn said: ‘I will bring it to you before you rise up from your place; I have strength for it and I am trusty’.”

قَالَ الَّذِي عِندَهُ عِلْمٌ مّـِنَ الْكِتَابِ أَنَاْ ءَاتِيكَ بِهِ قَبْلَ أَن يَرْتَدَّ إِلَيْكَ طَرْفُكَ فَلَمَّا رَءَاهُ مُسْتَقِرّاً عِندَهُ قَالَ هَذَا مِن فَضْلِ رَبّـِي لِيَبْلُوَنِي ءَأَشْكُرُ أَم أَكْفُرُ وَمَن شَكَرَ فَإِنَّمَا يَشْكُرُ لِنَفْسِهِ وَمَن كَفَرَ فَإِنَّ رَبّـِي غَنِيٌّ كَرِيمٌ
40. “One with whom was some knowledge (of a part) of the (Divine) Book said: ‘I will bring it to you before your eye twinkles’. Then when he saw it settled before him, he said: ‘this is of the grace of my Lord that He may try me whether I am grateful or am ungrateful; and whoever is grateful, verily he is grateful for his own soul, and whoever is ungrateful, then my Lord is Self-Sufficient, Bounteous.”

This may prove that Jinns are not able to teleport.. but it's quite possible if someone who had some knowledge of the Book was a Jinn himself. According to the majority, he was a human being and not a Jinn..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah-Abd
02-17-2018, 01:48 AM
Jinn precede man on earth for centuries that only Allah knows. So they have a head start in the technology race. I am trying to find the source in my books that I remember of a story during the time of Ibn Taymiyyah and the story talked about how the jinn showed a man some type of screen and it showed a man from another city far away. And this was in the 13th century.

- - - Updated - - -

Brother, now I have to start digging in my books and I can't for the life of me remember which one talked about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, found it online.

https://hijamatherapy.wordpress.com/...shaykh-raslan/

azc
02-17-2018, 02:17 AM
One alim of my town has friendship with a jinn who is also an alim

Misbah-Abd
02-17-2018, 02:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
One alim of my town has friendship with a jinn who is also an alim
How does that conversation begin? Salaam brother, how are things going in your world? :scratch:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
02-17-2018, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd
How does that conversation begin? Salaam brother, how are things going in your world? :scratch:
:wa:
Only a few persons know of his friendship with jinn.

One day I asked him about it, he told me a few things.

'' Almost 25 years ago when I got my degree, was back home.
A girl who was possessed by this jinn. Her parents approached me to get her cured and when I recited Quranic surah/verses, the jinn also recited the same. I was surprised at this.

Later on the jinn himself came to me. I requested him to leave the girl and he did. Since then, he is my friend. He taught me how to cure possessed person''

this jinn has gifted him gold coins, silver coins, precious gems and pearls etc...

It's a case of normal friendship.

AabiruSabeel
02-17-2018, 07:08 AM

A girl who was possessed by this jinn. Her parents approached me to get her cured and when I recited Quranic surah/verses, the jinn also recited the same. I was surprised at this.

Later on the jinn himself came to me. I requested him to leave the girl and he did. Since then, he is my friend. He taught me how to cure possessed person''

this jinn has gifted him gold coins, silver coins, precious gems and pearls etc...

:sl:

Why would an Alim jinn possess a girl? Wouldn't it be haram for him/her?

azc
02-17-2018, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Why would an Alim jinn possess a girl? Wouldn't it be haram for him/her?

I called him to clarify this matter. He said ''when I asked this question then he confessed that this kind of possession is haram''
When he was asked why did he possess someone, jinn kept quiet.

Desert
02-17-2018, 09:11 AM

I called him to clarify this matter. He said ''when I asked this question then he confessed that this kind of possession is haram''
When he was asked why did he possess someone, jinn kept quiet.

I think I also have a alim jinn case :cry: its quite hidden...

but yes I do think jinns can teleport things by simply lifting the thing up and flying with it....

azc
02-17-2018, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
I think I also have a alim jinn case :cry: its quite hidden...

but yes I do think jinns can teleport things by simply lifting the thing up and flying with it....
also I have heard it though but don't know much

space
02-17-2018, 05:42 PM
If you have more source or history from the authentic Islamic books about their abilities and such you can publish and as you know the Jinns do not know the hidden sacred knowledge, and anyone who claims otherwise is a shameless liar

Desert
02-17-2018, 06:50 PM
read the meaning of surah jinn....and surah saba about the queen of shebaa bilqis who was half jinn (???)

azc
02-17-2018, 09:04 PM
read the meaning of surah jinn....and surah saba about the queen of shebaa bilqis who was half jinn (???)
:sl: sister,

Where did you read about bilqis being half jinn...?

space
02-17-2018, 11:57 PM

What??? :-\

Desert
02-18-2018, 01:44 AM
Ibn Kathir unless its fabricated

Ümit
02-18-2018, 07:26 AM
We all know Jinns are not hindered by doors and walls. We all know the story about Belqis and how fast a Jinn could retrieve her thrown.
This indicates the speed and strength of a Jinn.
What it also indicates, is that Jinns...and Angels...or shaytaan are not bound to laws of physics.
Teleportation is something which is not possible in our world. This may not apply on Jinns...but then again...they might not even need it.

space
02-18-2018, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umie
We all know Jinns are not hindered by doors and walls.
here

What it also indicates, is that Jinns...and Angels...or shaytaan are not bound to laws of physics.

In this case, they're able to walk through doors and walls

We all know the story about Belqis and how fast a Jinn could retrieve her thrown.
This indicates the speed and strength of a Jinn.

Yes, but the points was - he Jinn was not able to bring her throne before Suleyman a.s blinks.. if it was not teleportation, then I don't know what else you can name such event

Teleportation is something which is not possible in our world.

Teleportation is not possible in our reality? According to you, Almighty s.w.t has restriction and He is not able to fold up of the earth or to do anything He Wishes..

Nitro Zeus
02-18-2018, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by space
here

Yes, but the points was - he Jinn was not able to bring her throne before Suleyman a.s blinks.. if it was not teleportation, then I don't know what else you can name such event

Teleportation is not possible in our reality? According to you, Almighty s.w.t has restriction and He is not able to fold up of the earth or to do anything He Wishes..

What? What do you mean “restriction”? How do even know that teleportation is not possible in our world? We have not even tried this yet but maybe in a distant future we will and we cannot be sure whether it is possible or not for us to do this, and we as human species are an intelligent race and by the will of God we can build a teleportation device and teleport anywhere we want, right? I think that you just have committed a disbelief? According to what you said “He is not able to fold up of the earth or to do anything He Wishes”, because God has said many times in Quran that He is indeed able to do whatever He wants/ wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using IslamicBoard mobile app

space
02-18-2018, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
What? What do you mean “restriction”? How do even know that teleportation is not possible in our world? We have not even tried this yet but maybe in a distant future we will and we cannot be sure whether it is possible or not for us to do this, and we as human species are an intelligent race and by the will of God we can build a teleportation device and teleport anywhere we want, right? I think that you just have committed a disbelief? According to what you said “He is not able to fold up of the earth or to do anything He Wishes”, because God has said many times in Quran that He is indeed able to do whatever He wants/ wishes.

Please read correctly the current conversation between me and umie before replying so quickly ;) thanks

Nitro Zeus
02-18-2018, 03:17 PM
Please read correctly the current conversation between me and umie before replying so quickly ;) thanks

فصيح الياسين
02-18-2018, 07:18 PM

This is Donald trump then not jin

Sent from my GT-I9301I using IslamicBoard mobile app

Zzz_
02-18-2018, 07:28 PM

I doubt it's teleportation. What failed to realize is the factor of time and speed. Ifreet (the strongest jinn) is known of his flight and speed. The Jinns used to travel to lowers part of the heavens (billions of light years away) to hear the the angels discussions to come and tell the soothsayers. Angel Jibreel would come to Prophet :saws: with an answer before the questioner even finished asking the questions. All this shows is that they are able to travel faster then speed of light.

Ümit
02-18-2018, 07:44 PM
here

What I understand with "teleportation" is transfer of some something between location A and B without traversing the physical space between them.

Teleportation in this world means somehow copy and desintegrate every molecule in your body....send the information to location B and reconstruate every molecule back together.

We all know we cannot reconstruate elements. If we could...we would make lots of gold and silver.
How can we reconstruate a human being? So this is not possible and it will never be possible.

I am of course not talking about Allah. Allah can make anything possible if He wants.

About the Jinn. They are not made of matter as we know of. The laws of physics do not apply on them...whether they actually travel that distance or they just disappear on location A and appear on location B...we do not know...that would be teleportation...yes...but again...they are not bound to the laws of physics.

- - - Updated - - -

here

What I understand with "teleportation" is transfer of some something between location A and B without traversing the physical space between them.

Teleportation in this world means somehow copy and desintegrate every molecule in your body....send the information to location B and reconstruate every molecule back together.

We all know we cannot reconstruate elements. If we could...we would make lots of gold and silver.
How can we reconstruate a human being? So this is not possible and it will never be possible.

I am of course not talking about Allah. Allah can make anything possible if He wants.

About the Jinn. They are not made of matter as we know of. The laws of physics do not apply on them...whether they actually travel that distance or they just disappear on location A and appear on location B...we do not know...that would be teleportation...yes...but again...they are not bound to the laws of physics.

space
02-18-2018, 08:26 PM
Interesting story..

Azrail, who was in disguise, visited Sulayman

and very carefully looked at a man who was there. The man noticed it. When Azrail left, the man asked Sulayman who he was. When he found out that he was Azrail, he said, "He looked at me as if he was going to take my soul. I am scared." Sulayman asked him, "What do you want me to do?" The man said, "Send me to the other side of India with the wind. Sulayman did what the man asked. When Sulayman met Azrail again, he asked Azrail why he had looked at that man like that. Azrail said, "I was ordered to take the soul of that man in the east of India soon. I was surprised to see him here. That is why I looked at him like that." Thus, what Allaah had predestined took place. The man wanted to escape death but ran towards it.[61 Ihya, IV, 837]

this means spacetime

Ümit
02-18-2018, 08:39 PM
Interesting story..

and very carefully looked at a man who was there. The man noticed it. When Azrail left, the man asked Sulayman who he was. When he found out that he was Azrail, he said, "He looked at me as if he was going to take my soul. I am scared." Sulayman asked him, "What do you want me to do?" The man said, "Send me to the other side of India with the wind. Sulayman did what the man asked. When Sulayman met Azrail again, he asked Azrail why he had looked at that man like that. Azrail said, "I was ordered to take the soul of that man in the east of India soon. I was surprised to see him here. That is why I looked at him like that." Thus, what Allaah had predestined took place. The man wanted to escape death but ran towards it.[61 Ihya, IV, 837]

this means spacetime
İ know this story...pretty cool huh?
But again...this is one of Allahs miracles. That man was only teleported (if it was teleporting) because Allah made it happen. Sulayman as had the power over the wind. This is also a power which is not possible in our world. Sulayman was granted power over the wind because Allah wanted that. A one time exception. We do not have that luxury.

azc
02-18-2018, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
This is Donald trump then not jinSent from my GT-I9301I using IslamicBoard mobile app
Jinn ke itne bure din aa gaye ki use trump bataya jaye...? Bechara....!

space
02-18-2018, 09:07 PM
İ know this story...pretty cool huh?
But again...this is one of Allahs miracles. That man was only teleported (if it was teleporting) because Allah made it happen. Sulayman as had the power over the wind. This is also a power which is not possible in our world. Sulayman was granted power over the wind because Allah wanted that. A one time exception. We do not have that luxury.

Teleportation exists, time travel exists, because Allah Exists.. there's nothing impossible for Him, He is able to do anything He Wishes.

Zzz_
02-18-2018, 09:11 PM
Interesting story..

this means spacetime
the story is not attributed to the Prophet

and perhaps it was taken from the Israelites stories.

https://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/i...waId&Id=312115

- - - Updated - - -

Teleportation exists, time travel exists, because Allah Exists.. s.
we should not speak of the matters of deen unless we have knowledge.

--
If you mean by "time travel" moving between different points in time forward or backward, meaning physically visiting the past or the future, then this is impossible. Allaah, The Exalted, says (what means):

• {And if I knew the unseen, I could have acquired much wealth, and no harm would have touched me.} [Quran 7:188]
• {And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul perceives in what land it will die. Indeed, Allaah is Knowing and Acquainted.} [Quran 31:34]

Only Allaah, The Exalted, knows the Unseen; if it were possible to travel to the future and know what would happen, this (the fact that only Allaah knows the Unseen) would be falsified. Allaah, The Exalted, says (what means):

{And with Him are the keys of the unseen; none knows them except Him.} [Quran 6:59]

And He says (what means): {Say, "None in the heavens and earth knows the unseen except Allaah.} [Quran 27:65]

https://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/i...waId&Id=279472

space
02-18-2018, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
the story is not attributed to the Prophet

and perhaps it was taken from the Israelites stories.

https://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/i...waId&Id=312115

- - - Updated - - -

--
If you mean by "time travel" moving between different points in time forward or backward, meaning physically visiting the past or the future, then this is impossible. Allaah, The Exalted, says (what means):

• {And if I knew the unseen, I could have acquired much wealth, and no harm would have touched me.} [Quran 7:188]
• {And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul perceives in what land it will die. Indeed, Allaah is Knowing and Acquainted.} [Quran 31:34]

Only Allaah, The Exalted, knows the Unseen; if it were possible to travel to the future and know what would happen, this (the fact that only Allaah knows the Unseen) would be falsified. Allaah, The Exalted, says (what means):

{And with Him are the keys of the unseen; none knows them except Him.} [Quran 6:59]

And He says (what means): {Say, "None in the heavens and earth knows the unseen except Allaah.} [Quran 27:65]

https://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/i...waId&Id=279472

Briefly, you're implying that the story invented and is not the authentic?

- - - Updated - - -

Knowledge? Which one?

Then Isra and Mi'raj were impossible, right?

Zzz_
02-18-2018, 10:08 PM
Briefly, you're implying that the story invented and is not the authentic?
visit the links to read.

Knowledge? Which one?
topics beyond what you need to know for your daily life.

Then Isra and Mi'raj were impossible, right?
yes, so are the miracles the prophets did but all that was possible because Allah ordained it. It does not mean we use that excuse that "nothing is impossible with Allah" to validate whatever we believe. again visit the link to read on the matter.

Ümit
02-18-2018, 10:53 PM
Teleportation exists, time travel exists, because Allah Exists.. there's nothing impossible for Him, He is able to do anything He Wishes.
With such reasoning...
The Loch Ness Monster exists...Bigfoot...Lord Dracula...zombies...Superman...even the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles exist...because nothing is impossible to Allah...

*charisma*
02-18-2018, 10:57 PM
we know that they can disappear, change their shape, walk through the walls. fly and such, but are they able to teleport the large things & themselves as well?

I was just thinking about how this could be possible if it was true.. here is the Surah An-Naml - Verses 38-40

قَالَ يَآ أَيُّهَا الْمَلَؤُا أَيُّكُمْ يَأْتِينِي بِعَرْشِهَا قَبْلَ أَن يَأْتُونِي مُسْلِمِينَ
قَالَ عِفْرِيتٌ مّـِنَ الْجِنّ-ِ أَنَاْ ءَاتِيكَ بِهِ قَبْلَ أَن تَقُومَ مِن مَّقَامِكَ وَإِنّـِي عَلَيْهِ لَقَوِيٌّ أَمِينٌ
38. “(Solomon) said: ‘O chiefs!) which of you can bring to me her throne before they come to me in submission?’”
39. “One audacious among the jinn said: ‘I will bring it to you before you rise up from your place; I have strength for it and I am trusty’.”

قَالَ الَّذِي عِندَهُ عِلْمٌ مّـِنَ الْكِتَابِ أَنَاْ ءَاتِيكَ بِهِ قَبْلَ أَن يَرْتَدَّ إِلَيْكَ طَرْفُكَ فَلَمَّا رَءَاهُ مُسْتَقِرّاً عِندَهُ قَالَ هَذَا مِن فَضْلِ رَبّـِي لِيَبْلُوَنِي ءَأَشْكُرُ أَم أَكْفُرُ وَمَن شَكَرَ فَإِنَّمَا يَشْكُرُ لِنَفْسِهِ وَمَن كَفَرَ فَإِنَّ رَبّـِي غَنِيٌّ كَرِيمٌ
40. “One with whom was some knowledge (of a part) of the (Divine) Book said: ‘I will bring it to you before your eye twinkles’. Then when he saw it settled before him, he said: ‘this is of the grace of my Lord that He may try me whether I am grateful or am ungrateful; and whoever is grateful, verily he is grateful for his own soul, and whoever is ungrateful, then my Lord is Self-Sufficient, Bounteous.”

This may prove that Jinns are not able to teleport.. but it's quite possible if someone who had some knowledge of the Book was a Jinn himself. According to the majority, he was a human being and not a Jinn..
Assalamu Alaikum,

Some jinn can travel very quickly. The means of their travel however, is probably unknown and irrelevant. I don't think it's something you should ponder too much about.

space
02-18-2018, 11:06 PM
with such reasoning...
The loch ness monster exists...bigfoot...lord dracula...zombies...superman...even the teenage mutant ninja turtles exist...because nothing is impossible to allah...

everything in this world is --, then!!!!!!!!!

Ümit
02-18-2018, 11:11 PM
İsa as could bring the dead back to life...this was a feature Allah granted İsa as. This does not automatically mean zombies exist. İt was an exceptional event...thats it. Time travel is not possible teleprtation is not possible...the laws of physics won't allow it...

space
02-18-2018, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum,

Some jinn can travel very quickly. The means of their travel however, is probably unknown and irrelevant. I don't think it's something you should ponder too much about.

Wa'alaykum w'salam

“Those who remember Allah standing and sitting and lying on their sides and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth: Our Lord! Thou hast not created this in vain! Glory be to Thee; save us then from the chastisement of the fire.” [3:191]

- - - Updated - - -

Time travel is not possible teleprtation is not possible...the laws of physics won't allow it...

the laws of physics won't allow it, the laws of physics won't allow it, the laws of physics won't allow it, the laws of physics won't allow it, the laws of physics won't allow it, the laws of physics won't allow it.. you sound like Richard Dawkins, no offense

talibilm
02-18-2018, 11:36 PM

Yes they do.

and they live a long life than humans as long as even 800-900 years and every Man is born with a jinn . Men die but not the jinn which are aids in disclosing facts of the past mixing with lies about future.

*charisma*
02-18-2018, 11:40 PM
Wa'alaykum w'salam

“Those who remember Allah standing and sitting and lying on their sides and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth: Our Lord! Thou hast not created this in vain! Glory be to Thee; save us then from the chastisement of the fire.” [3:191]
There's no problems with pondering, but sometimes people get obsessed with the unknown and that which has no benefit.

Say, "None in the heavens and earth knows the unseen except Allaah. [Quran 27:65]

Allah knows best.

space
02-18-2018, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
There's no problems with pondering, but sometimes people get obsessed with the unknown and that which has no benefit.

Say, "None in the heavens and earth knows the unseen except Allaah. [Quran 27:65]

Allah knows best.

Most people who obsessed with the unseen or the unknown are usually young college teens as far as I know them IRL and also you'll find such kind of mass among the elderly people.. but hey, no one says it's not allowable to think deeply about creations of Almighty and no one claims to want to have/aquire some hidden sacred knowledge, we just discuss this conversation using some arguments from Quran and Sunnah without trolling or idiotic provokes. Some people are really annoying who always try to impose their own empty opinion on anyone they meet

Ümit
02-19-2018, 07:02 AM
So, now you compare me with an atheist just because I like to back my arguments up with logic and reason?
I am sorry to annoy you, but just because we are Muslims Alhamdulillah, does not mean we lose our touch of reality.
like said...everything is possible for Allah no doubt about that. But Allah has put time traveling or teleporting out of reach from us.
It may be out of reach for now...it may be out of reach for ever (in this world).
We never know of course.

anatolian
02-19-2018, 02:51 PM
Jins might be made of electromagnetic energy. So they can move with the speed of electromagnetic waves

Ümit
02-19-2018, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Jins might be made of electromagnetic energy. So they can move with the speed of electromagnetic waves
one says they are made of smokeless fire.
fire usually has the components light and heat. Heat can both be in the form of convection or radiation.
both the light component as the heat radiation component can be at light speed...
for fire you usually need oxygen, and fuel. these components cannot reach lightspeed...because they have masses.

In short, I dont know...but then again...Jinns may not be bound to physics problems like us.

فصيح الياسين
02-19-2018, 04:37 PM
Jinn ke itne bure din aa gaye ki use trump bataya jaye...? Bechara....!
Hahahahahaha

Sent from my GT-I9301I using IslamicBoard mobile app

L a n a
02-20-2018, 02:28 AM
Sorry if this has already been answered earlier (I didn't have a chance to read everything), but what exactly is a jinn? Is it like a ghost or spirit, or something like a demon?

What is it that they're supposed to do? Possess people or carry out more nefarious deeds?

Zzz_
02-20-2018, 03:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by L a n a
Sorry if this has already been answered earlier (I didn't have a chance to read everything), but what exactly is a jinn? Is it like a ghost or spirit, or something like a demon?

What is it that they're supposed to do? Possess people or carry out more nefarious deeds?
Far as we know, Allah has created 3 sentient races. The angels, the humans and the jinns. The Angels are made of light and are Allah's worker bees, and they do not disobey Him. The humans are made of clay and given free will to do as they please and will be brought to account on Judgement day. The jinns are created from smokeless fire and they too are given free wills like humans and will be brought to account on Judgement day.

They are referred to as spirits in Christianity. They can be good or evil, like humans. Among them are believers and non-believers. The evil ones follow the devil, who himself is also a jinn. They are your demons, ghosts, spirits and any other supernatural notion people have. Their purpose is same as ours,

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinns and humans, except they should worship Me (Alone).” [al-Dhaariyaat 51:56].

You can read more about them here: https://islamqa.info/en/2340

L a n a
02-20-2018, 03:45 AM
They are referred to as spirits in Christianity. They can be good or evil, like humans. Among them are believers and non-believers. The evil ones follow the devil, who himself is also a jinn. They are your demons, ghosts, spirits and any other supernatural notion people have.
Thank you for the response. I was wondering if jinns were like how some people view ghosts (I don't believe in them, for the record), that some are neutral, sad "lost spirit" types who wander the earth aimlessly looking for their bodies or the afterlife, some are friendly/harmless, others are dangerous/negative, like poltergeists, who some say get physical and knock over objects, destroy furniture, and hurt people. Seems about similar. Again, thanks.

Nitro Zeus
02-20-2018, 09:52 AM
Far as we know, Allah has created 3 sentient races. The angels, the humans and the jinns. The Angels are made of light and are Allah's worker bees, and they do not disobey Him. The humans are made of clay and given free will to do as they please and will be brought to account on Judgement day. The jinns are created from smokeless fire and they too are given free wills like humans and will be brought to account on Judgement day.

They are referred to as spirits in Christianity. They can be good or evil, like humans. Among them are believers and non-believers. The evil ones follow the devil, who himself is also a jinn. They are your demons, ghosts, spirits and any other supernatural notion people have. Their purpose is same as ours,

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinns and humans, except they should worship Me (Alone).” [al-Dhaariyaat 51:56].

You can read more about them here: https://islamqa.info/en/2340
It is true but, He not only created 3 intelligent species but He created other creatures and scattered them through tout the Universes as per Quran says, so there are countless of advanced intelligent sentient beings in the Universes, right?

Ümit
02-20-2018, 10:43 AM
Thank you for the response. I was wondering if jinns were like how some people view ghosts (I don't believe in them, for the record), that some are neutral, sad "lost spirit" types who wander the earth aimlessly looking for their bodies or the afterlife, some are friendly/harmless, others are dangerous/negative, like poltergeists, who some say get physical and knock over objects, destroy furniture, and hurt people. Seems about similar. Again, thanks.
No Jinns are not like ghost. Not that some person dies and stays around as a ghost and terrorizes the area.
Jinns are a complete own race. They have their own rules, habits, religions etc. We cannot see Jinns. They can see us, but they are not allowed to seek contact with us. Most of them obey this and mind their own business.
Occasionally some jinns disobeys this rule and seeks contact with us (usually the bad ones...because the good ones would not disobey in the first place).

Like said, Jinns can be Muslim, Christian, Jew, or some other religion. They are extremely fast...maybe even lightspeed...and extremely strong.
Some people do have regular contact with a Jinn. Whenever some fortune teller knows some super secret stuff about you, and you ask yourself "how can he know that?" it most probably is possible with the help of a Jinn. Like said, they may have observed you and because they are undetectable, they can know stuff about you which they pass on to the fortune teller.

The fortune teller in turn uses this information to draw your attention and once you are interested, they can fill the gaps with other mumbo jumbo and earn their money.

That is why I always stay away as far as possible from fortune tellers. They are no good. First of all, they can never know the future...not even the jinns, and second...they may be in close contact with jinns. you do not want to get involved in this.

- - - Updated - - -

It is true but, He not only created 3 intelligent species but He created other creatures and scattered them through tout the Universes as per Quran says, so there are countless of advanced intelligent sentient beings in the Universes, right?

yes, He has created many many different creatures...and only a fraction of them live on Earth. But I do not know whether they are more intelligent than us humans. I remember reading that the humans were on the top of all creations:

And We have certainly honored the children of Adam and carried them on the land and sea and provided for them of the good things and preferred them over much of what We have created, with [definite] preference. 17:70
And this verse:

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him]. 31:20

space
02-20-2018, 01:53 PM

absolutely

space
02-20-2018, 08:52 PM
Is it possible to control the Jinn?

Question

Is it possible for any one to take control of a jinn? As i have heard that controlling the jinn was only granted to Nabi Sulayman by Allah. Jazakallahu chairman.

Answer

The topic of man controlling the Jinn is an undeniable reality, and has been authentically recorded from several Sahabah (radiyallahu’anhum)
A hadith in Sahih Bukhari, (hadith: 2311) mentions how Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah (radiyallahu’anhu) was able to tie up an evil Jinn (shaytan) when he came to steal from the wealth of zakat.

Nabi Sulayman’s (‘alaihis salam) specialty

Nabi Sulayman (‘alaihis salam) had
1) complete control over
2) all the Jinn.
That is what he asked Allah Ta’ala to keep as his exclusive gift.
Therefore, if any person is given
1) limited control over
2) a limited number of Jinn, it would not classify as a violation of the wish of Nabi Sulayman (‘alaihis salam)
(See Ma’ariful Quran & Bayanul Quran, Surah: Sad, Ayah: 35)

Detailed proofs

The Mufassir (commentator of Quran) Khatib Sharbini (rahimahullah) writes:
“Allah Ta’ala gave control to a group of Sahabah (radiyallahu’anhum) over the Jinn. Among them were:
Sayyiduna Abu Hurairah, Sayyiduna Ubayy ibn Ka’b, Sayyiduna Mu’adh ibn Jabal, Sayyiduna Abu Ayyub Al-Ansari, Sayyiduna Zayd ibn Thabit, Sayyiduna ‘Umar and Sayyiduna ‘Ammar ibn Yasir (radiyallhu’anhum)
(As-Sirajul Munir, Surah Saba, Ayah: 12)
‘Allamah Suyuti (rahimahullah) has mentioned the references for the above, and also added Sayyiduna Buraidah and Sayyiduna Abu Usaid (radiyallahu’anhuma) making it a total of nine Sahabah (radiyallahu’anhum).
He has also commented on the chains with several being declared authentic. (Al-Khasaisul Kubra, vol.2 pgs.169-174. Also see Hayatul Hayawan, vol.1 pgs.242)
The famed commentators of Sahih Bukhari, Hafiz Ibn Hajar and ‘Allamah ‘Ayni (rahimahumallah) have also provided a list of names of Sahabah who were able to gain some sort of control over the Jinn. (Fathul Bari & ‘Umdatul Qari, hadith: 2311)

The above is sufficient to prove that some people are given:

1) limited control over
2) a limited number of Jinn.
As mentioned above, this does not violate the wish of Nabi Sulayman (‘alaihis salam)
(Ma’ariful Quran & Bayanul Quran, Surah: Sad, Ayah: 35)
Note: In ancient history, it was the Jinn who were scared of humans. (Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Surah Jinn, Ayah: 6)

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,

Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

http://hadithanswers.com/is-it-possi...trol-the-jinn/

Zzz_
02-21-2018, 01:30 AM
The jinns are a different race of beings. We cannot see them like we cannot see the angels unless they decide to show themselves. Jinns have different abilities, such as super strength, flight, shape shifting, etc. The evil and mischievous ones among them interact in the human world and do cause harm to Muslims. They often transform into what the prevalent culture believes in. Western culture believes humans become ghost after death and linger around, so they transform into ghosts and fool the humans. Hindus believe demons that transform into human can be identified by their feet because their feet are backward. So jinns transform like that to scare them. And same goes for every other culture that believes in them.

I said as far as we know. Allah created life and spread throughout the universe, whether that life is intelligent or not has not been mentioned so its mere speculation.

space
02-21-2018, 06:33 PM
Contacting the angels and seeing them is not something easy. Although the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was the best of mankind and was physically and spiritually strong to a great degree, when he saw Jibreel (peace be upon him) in his true form, he was stricken with immense fear and fled back to his house with his heart trembling. He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) suffered great hardship when the revelation came to him, hence Allah said, refuting them (interpretation of the meaning):

“On the Day they will see the angels no glad tidings will there be for the Mujrimoon (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners) that day.” [25:22]

the Jinns like the Angels do not appear in their true shape.. otherwise you know what would happen? That's why Allah s.w.t made them invisible to our eyes, otherwise a human being would become insane

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.