/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about dressing

Alexia202
02-17-2018, 06:26 AM
Hey everyone, as a non-Muslim, I would like to know, does the amount a woman covers herself reveal how devout of a Muslim she is? For example, I have seen women wear hijabs where their whole body is covered and the form of their bodies is not noticible, but I have also seen women only covering their hair, while wearing short sleeve shirts and jeans or sports jerseys. Would wearing less of a covering be frowned upon, and does this mean that the individual is less religious than someone who has more covering?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-17-2018, 06:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alexia202
Hey everyone, as a non-Muslim, I would like to know, does the amount a woman covers herself reveal how devout of a Muslim she is? For example, I have seen women wear hijabs where their whole body is covered and the form of their bodies is not noticible, but I have also seen women only covering their hair, while wearing short sleeve shirts and jeans or sports jerseys. Would wearing less of a covering be frowned upon, and does this mean that the individual is less religious than someone who has more covering?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-2...-hijab/5761510

ahmed.younes
02-17-2018, 07:37 AM
Bismillah
No, not all women who cover up are muslims.. Some may do it just because their father asked them to do it or because of society pressure

Yes less covering is bad, because it is an obligation on every muslim women to cover up as per the sunnah of the prophet pubs. Otherwise not covering up creates temptation for men, which could lead to many evils later on in the society.
No it does not mean the she is less religious than someone who has more covering... As I said in the beginning, the person covering completely could be doing it for their father or whoever, while the one covering a little could be doing it sincerely for god.
Hope I answered your questions

cinnamonrolls1
02-21-2018, 03:52 PM
Noo def not! Therw arw hijabis doing terrible things and non hijabis who are a lot more devoted

Sent from my [device_name] using IslamicBoard mobile app

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zzz_
02-22-2018, 03:14 AM
Hello Alexia,

The islamic dress or covering is two fold and both need to be kept in mind. First part is the outer appearance, that entails the amount of clothing and covering one has on. The second part is inner hijab or how one shows internally what they exhibit externally.

Externally you will see many varieties. Normally one who is properly covered is considered or regarded as someone religious. Even one who wears normal clothes but conservatively is still considered normal. The tighter the clothes become or the more skin they show, the less religious one is considered.

These days, looks can be deceiving because many Muslims do not internally represent what they show externally. So at first glance, the clothing will give you a base to start and then as you learn more about the person, you get the real picture of how religious/devout they are.

IslamLife00
02-22-2018, 03:43 AM
I don't frown on muslim women who cover less, but for myself I always cover everything other than hands and face. As for material anything that is not tight and not transparent.
What other muslim women wear, how devout they are, is between them and Allah. Especially new muslimah, it takes time to get it right and to get used to. Allah Most Knowing our intention and the efforts we make to follow the Qur'an and Sunnah.

cinnamonrolls1
02-22-2018, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00
I don't frown on muslim women who cover less, but for myself I always cover everything other than hands and face. As for material anything that is not tight and not transparent.
What other muslim women wear, how devout they are, is between them and Allah. Especially new muslimah, it takes time to get it right and to get used to. Allah Most Knowing our intention and the efforts we make to follow the Qur'an and Sunnah.
I really like this answer

A786
02-22-2018, 08:08 PM
Your attire does make an impression on somebody of course, however, it does NOT show how devoted of a muslim they are. Only Allah can judge what's in their heart. You might a woman dressed provactively but inside she might pray 5 times a day and ask Allah for forgiveness and maybe even she is trying to change. We can never know that. On the other hand, there are also woman who dress very modestly and wear the hijab but openly insult others in public and do shameful things undercover. This world is full of good and bads, but just because we might see something as bad doesn't actually mean it is bad and vise versa. Out job is to bring people on to the right path and spread knowledge about Islam and give Dawaah to non-believers. We must focus on ourselves and become better day by day and judge others less (not to say that you are judging others, but just a generalization).

Umm Malik
02-22-2018, 10:41 PM
Hijab is very important for the Muslim woman we cant say that the non hijabi sister is bad and we cant also say about a sister who choose to wear hijab just to do what allah want that she is not good
because that sister who wear hijab she is also a human and can do some mistakes but : she will change them one day because the heart who tells her to cover here beauty wven though she love to look beautiful for the sake of allah ... will led her one day also to change that thing she do in front of you
because we can't judge people with one situation or with the good he do because he is not angel he is a human and even allah tell us about repentance.
as for the ranks ... yes the women who cover all her body will be rewarded "in her hijab" better than shwing her face and those who show them face better than who wear a tie clothes and those are better than who dont wear hijab and so on
but hijab is one of the good things so we are comparing just hijab not the other deeds because non hijabi may do another good deed better than others but she let a very important thing but we can't judge her just with hijab but it still important
and you know sister with allah as long as you are with him you found yourself trying to be better to get the pleasure of allah
so the one who don't wear hijab today you may found her one day cover all her body because day by day with the love of allah you just want more things to do for his sake

99sobi
02-23-2018, 04:50 PM
:sl:

Our intentions are far more important than our impressions. We shouldn't worry about what other people say, nor should we judge others based on their initial impression and appearance. It could be that a brother who is dressing in casual clothing is far more religious in the eyes of Allah than a brother who is wearing a thobe and has a beared. The same also applies for the sisters; one who observes the full hijab (burqa) is not always going to be as religious as one who only wears a headscarf, for example. We cannot know for sure, but Allah, who is all-seeing and all-knowing, does. We must never assume the piety of someone simply because of the way they are dressed, nor should we make comments about them which are upsetting or mean, e.g. "Look at him, he hasn't got a beard", etc.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated:Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said, "Allah does not look at your figures, nor at your attire but He looks at your hearts and accomplishments".[Muslim].

O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers. [Qur'an 49:11]

Alamgir
02-24-2018, 02:26 AM
Pretty much spot on.

However, you will sometimes get people who don't cover up as much as others, but are still better Muslims overall, for example, you will find many people who do not even wear Hijab yet they pray 5 times a day, whilst you'll find people wearing the Hijab yet they don't even pray once a day, let alone 5.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.