/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Turn to God

Ilovemygrey
02-23-2018, 07:55 PM
Salam,

I have a question. Can anyone guide me? My question is this: I want to leave this materialistic world behind and turn completely to God, like a saint. I want to give myself completely to God? Can anyone guide me how to do that? How do I turn myself to God? What do I need to do?

Kindly guide me.
Regards,
Sarah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zzz_
02-23-2018, 09:34 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

There isn't anything in Islam saying you can do that and become like a monk , free of duniya. The sunnah is to strive for the akhirah while you also attend to the duniya, part of which is getting married and increasing the ummah in numbers through progeny that you raise upon the deen so they continue to benefit you long after you are gone. That's feasible for most but not for some. I don't know what your age is but your parents would want you to settle down as well. But for now, to help you get close to your goal a good start would be to start learning your deen. Do Quran hifz, islamic studies, alimah program, etc. There's a thread on here about free islamic diploma online, check that out.

tkz159
02-23-2018, 09:44 PM
The Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said, "By the One in Whose Hand my life is, if your (spiritual) state remains the same as it is in my presence and you are always busy in remembrance (of Allah), the angels would shake hands with you on your beds and in your roads; but, Hanthalah, an hour and an hour. He said it three times." [Muslim]

As-Sanʻaani

wrote, "It means that one hour should be devoted to Allah, the Almighty, and to remember reward and punishment, and an hour to yourselves and your essential worldly needs." [At-Tahbeer]

Source : http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=358015
Though try to ask yourself this when you're about to do anything : "Would this please my lord?"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.