/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Worrying I am committing sihr

Gale
02-25-2018, 01:42 PM
For a long time now, since around 2011, I have been worrying that I have committed sihr.

I am not sure where it came from originally but I started developing fears that my thoughts could harm others. I am always wondering that my anger or negative thoughts could be hurting them and worrying that this is a type of sihr.

I always think I am comitting sihr on people with my mind.

I tried to find Islamic sources which would tell me that thoughts are nothing to worry about, but nothing like this exists.

Is sihr an act you have to physically do or is it something you can commit through your thoughts?

I am very worried about this and losing hope.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
space
02-25-2018, 03:38 PM
In order to perform sihr you have to have contact with the jinn world, otherwise it's not sihr.. practicing sihr is not an easy way and in order to be a sahir, you have to follow some instructions, the most difficult test is - not to fear of the jinny weird frighteninig shapes who will suddenly appear in front of you

Zzz_
02-25-2018, 05:14 PM
You're confusing sihr with hasad. sihr is magic aka black magic. This involves physically doing things to deal with jinns or going to a magician who deals with jinns to do something for you. Hasad or evil eye is when you give someone an envious look with ill will intentions in your heart. Some people's evil eye is so strong they can give it by just looking at a person.

if you don't have any envious, wishing others ill will kind of intent or animosity in your heart then you don't have to worry about it. To curtail the evil thoughts just try to dismiss it from your mind and think of something else. Do dhikr or remembrance of Allah to keep you busy. or just make dua (supplication) to Allah to protect you from such such thoughts. And when you see something you like of others then say "mashallah" ("as God willed") and this will inshallah help from giving them evil eye. Do that and don't dwell too much on it and you'll fine.

IslamLife00
02-26-2018, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gale
For a long time now, since around 2011, I have been worrying that I have committed sihr.

I am not sure where it came from originally but I started developing fears that my thoughts could harm others. I am always wondering that my anger or negative thoughts could be hurting them and worrying that this is a type of sihr.

I always think I am comitting sihr on people with my mind.
I tried to find Islamic sources which would tell me that thoughts are nothing to worry about, but nothing like this exists.

Is sihr an act you have to physically do or is it something you can commit through your thoughts? I am very worried about this and losing hope.
I don't know what it is in Christianity (your profile shows your religion is Christianity) but in Islam the posts above already explained

Your post reminds me of this hadith about anger but perhaps can also be applied for all negative thoughts Allah Knows best

Mu`adh bin Jabal narrated :that one of the two men cursed the other next to the Prophet (ﷺ), until anger could be recognized in the face of one of them. So the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “Verily, I know a statement, that if he were to say it, his anger would leave: ‘I seek refuge in Allah from Shaitan, the rejected (A`ūdhu billāhi minash-shaiṭānir-rajīm).’” Jami at Tirmidhi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ümit
02-26-2018, 09:32 AM
as ZZZ already mentioned, this is not Sihr. We in Turkey call this "nazar" or "evil eye" in English. Nazar varies is severity. It can be pretty harmless (something small falls and breaks) or can be pretty strong and destroying like causing sickness.

usually the one who is responsible for it is not aware of this, or they do not do that intentionally.
Sihr is something intentional. you cannot perform sihr so easily. I do not know if sihr always requires q jinn involved but either way, it is a serious crime in Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.