/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marrying someone with cancer

Shan1234
02-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Hi, ive speaking speaking to a guy for a few days for the intention of Marriage only.
i have found out he had cancer when hr was 16.

Through the teaching of islam. What should i do? i mean i cant reject him based on this alone

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah-Abd
02-28-2018, 01:31 AM
Is he terminally ill or did he overcome this cancer?

azc
02-28-2018, 03:06 AM
What do doctors say about his health condition...?

Zzz_
02-28-2018, 03:48 AM
The religious stand is:

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “If there comes to you one whose religious commitment and attitude pleases you, then marry [your female relative who is under your care] to him, for if you do not do that, there will be tribulation on earth and much corruption.” Narrated by at-Tirmidhi (1084) from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Tirmidhi.

With that said, you are not obligated to marry him or not reject him based on this alone. You have to see what it is that you want and what is best for you and do istkharah and go from there.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
02-28-2018, 04:05 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Shan1234
Hi, ive speaking speaking to a guy for a few days for the intention of Marriage only.
i have found out he had cancer when hr was 16.

Through the teaching of islam. What should i do? i mean i cant reject him based on this alone
If he seems suitable, why not? Illness can come to us at any age. We don't leave our spouses when they are ill. It'd be understandable if there were a valid reason such as infertility due to treatments and it is important for you to have children or other health concerns that will affect your life and marriage together, but otherwise he should be treated just like any suitor. Maybe it's something to discuss more in-depth. Also I suggest praying istikhara.

Eric H
02-28-2018, 08:40 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Shan1234; and welcome to the forum,

Cancer is not always a death sentence, prayer can help. A few years ago, I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma, this was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. I prayed for the wisdom, strength, peace and serenity to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.

Cancer could be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for tests, you wait for the results, and you wait for more tests, but the prayer to do God’s will sort of handed the problem to God, and I have never had to worry. I have never once prayed for healing, at the age of 62, the prayer for healing seemed too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reason to be thankful.

I could not imagine this sense of peace without a faith and trust in God. I can say, from the moment of hearing about my cancer and making that prayer, I could talk about cancer in the same way as I talk about what’s for dinner?

We all face some tough choices in life, some people avoid cancer and get run over by a bus.

Blessings
Eric

03-07-2018, 01:52 AM
As far as I know, you are not allowed to marry someone who is in his deathbed. If he survived cancer and is just working fine now, it shouldn't be a problem.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.