/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need an explanation about making Du’a in prostration

Nitro Zeus
03-01-2018, 05:31 PM
I have heard that the Prophet said that the best time when the Du’a is acccepted is one someone is in prostration. I want to know if I can replace the word “subhannala” with a Du’a like “O Allah! Make this... or that” on prostration? Or do I have to say first “subhanala” and then make Du’a? Because, I don’t understand it. Can I make Du’a on every prostration? Or it is enough to say only at one prostration? One thing, I can keep my shoes while I’m on prayer?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
99sobi
03-01-2018, 06:05 PM
Regarding wearing shoes:

It is permissible to pray barefoot, or to pray wearing shoes.

It is better to pray sometimes barefoot and sometimes wearing shoes, according to what is easy; one should not make it difficult to put shoes on or to take them off in order to pray If a person is barefoot, he should pray barefoot and if he is wearing shoes then he should pray wearing shoes, except when there is a reason not to do so.

If he takes them off, then he should not place them to his right; rather he should place them to his left, if there is no one on his left, otherwise he should put them between his feet. There is a subtle hint that he should not place them in front of himself. This is the etiquette which most worshippers ignore, so you see them praying facing their shoes! This is what was narrated in the saheeh reports from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

The du'a for sujood:

Attachment 6374

The prophet said that "The slave is closest to his Lord when he isprostrating, so increase supplication [in it]." You can perform your supplication at any time during the sujood; it doesn't matter when you do it.

Source: https://islamqa.info/en/13340

Nitro Zeus
03-02-2018, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 99sobi
Regarding wearing shoes:

It is permissible to pray barefoot, or to pray wearing shoes.

It is better to pray sometimes barefoot and sometimes wearing shoes, according to what is easy; one should not make it difficult to put shoes on or to take them off in order to pray If a person is barefoot, he should pray barefoot and if he is wearing shoes then he should pray wearing shoes, except when there is a reason not to do so.

If he takes them off, then he should not place them to his right; rather he should place them to his left, if there is no one on his left, otherwise he should put them between his feet. There is a subtle hint that he should not place them in front of himself. This is the etiquette which most worshippers ignore, so you see them praying facing their shoes! This is what was narrated in the saheeh reports from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

The du'a for sujood:

Attachment 6374

The prophet said that "The slave is closest to his Lord when he isprostrating, so increase supplication [in it]." You can perform your supplication at any time during the sujood; it doesn't matter when you do it.

Source: https://islamqa.info/en/13340
I understand that it doesn’t matter but as the prophet said “someone is closest to his Lord when he is in prostration” so I’m trying to be closest to Him and I found out that the prophet also said that a person’s Du’a is answered or accepted when he is on prostration. I want to know when a person prostrates then he say “subhanarabil ala” for 3 times then he can wish for anything he wants? Because, right now when the prayer started I did that and I don’t know if it is correct.

azc
03-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: People should make du’aa’ by reciting the prescribed du’aa’s that are mentioned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, because these are undoubtedly virtuous and good, and this is the straight path. The scholars of Islam and the imams have mentioned the du’aa’s that are prescribed in Islam, and turned away from the innovated du’aa’s, so we should follow them in that....... Majmoo’ al-Fataawa’, 1/346, 348.https://islamqa.info/en/20953

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
03-02-2018, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: People should make du’aa’ by reciting the prescribed du’aa’s that are mentioned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, because these are undoubtedly virtuous and good, and this is the straight path. The scholars of Islam and the imams have mentioned the du’aa’s that are prescribed in Islam, and turned away from the innovated du’aa’s, so we should follow them in that....... Majmoo’ al-Fataawa’, 1/346, 348.https://islamqa.info/en/20953
What does it mean “innovated Du’as”? Why it is bad to make Du’as that you want even if it is not mentioned in Quran?

99sobi
03-02-2018, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
What does it mean “innovated Du’as”? Why it is bad to make Du’as that you want even if it is not mentioned in Quran?
It refers to du'as that are attributed to the Qur'an or the Sunnah but are fabricated or weak narrations, or simply false. These are innovations. You can ask Allah for anything (there are exceptions and du'as are not always answered, but that does not mean they are ignored or gone to waste):

“And your Lord said: Invoke Me (i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily, those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islamic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!” [Surah Ghaafir, 40:60]

“And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad (SAW)) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright” [Surah Al-Baqarah, 2:186]

Nitro Zeus
03-02-2018, 09:19 PM
It refers to du'as that are attributed to the Qur'an or the Sunnah but are fabricated or weak narrations, or simply false. These are innovations. You can ask Allah for anything (there are exceptions and du'as are not always answered, but that does not mean they are ignored or gone to waste):

“And your Lord said: Invoke Me (i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily, those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islamic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!” [Surah Ghaafir, 40:60]

“And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad (SAW)) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright” [Surah Al-Baqarah, 2:186]
Is there a strong Du’a that will guide my Christian mother to the right path? I mean to become a strong Muslim in few weans? Because, she has never become a Muslim she only rejected the messages of Islam I suppose and I feel that I have lost hope that she’ll become a strong Muslim because she is 41 years old and I’m 18 years old Muslim and it passed 3 years since I have converted to Islam because that I time I was a Christian and now a Muslim and my Muslim father he only delievered a clear message of Islam but then I have accepted the next day and voila! I’m a Muslim and now I wish that she’ll become a Muslim. One thing, if a Christian rejected the messages of Islam and started to repent to God till the end while he/she is a Christian will this Christian be granted forgiveness even though this Christian rejected the messages of Islam? Is there something I can do so that I can make a beautiful gift for my dead Christian grandfather? Because, he was kind and just and I don’t know if he heard it clearly or not correctly the message of Islam, because, I don’t want him to be punished in his grave. Oh man, I wish I could know what is happening to him in his grave. Am I allowed to pray for his forgiveness?

99sobi
03-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Is there a strong Du’a that will guide my Christian mother to the right path? I mean to become a strong Muslim in few weans? Because, she has never become a Muslim she only rejected the messages of Islam I suppose and I feel that I have lost hope that she’ll become a strong Muslim because she is 41 years old and I’m 18 years old Muslim and it passed 3 years since I have converted to Islam because that I time I was a Christian and now a Muslim and my Muslim father he only delievered a clear message of Islam but then I have accepted the next day and voila! I’m a Muslim and now I wish that she’ll become a Muslim. One thing, if a Christian rejected the messages of Islam and started to repent to God till the end while he/she is a Christian will this Christian be granted forgiveness even though this Christian rejected the messages of Islam? Is there something I can do so that I can make a beautiful gift for my dead Christian grandfather? Because, he was kind and just and I don’t know if he heard it clearly or not correctly the message of Islam, because, I don’t want him to be punished in his grave. Oh man, I wish I could know what is happening to him in his grave. Am I allowed to pray for his forgiveness?
In shaa Allah, this will answer your question. https://islamqa.info/en/69837 Regarding praying for non Muslim family members, https://islamqa.info/en/6517

SHO
03-08-2018, 07:03 PM
:sl:
The page says:
103- In sujood, he should say, “Subhaana Rabbiy al-‘A’laa (Glory be to my Lord Most High)” three times or more. (There are other kinds of dhikr also, see Sifat Salaat al-Nabi (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), p. 145/The Prophet’s Prayer described, p. 55).
104- It is mustahaab to offer a lot of du’aa’ during sujood, because it is a time when du’aa’ is likely to be answered.
Are we allowed to pray only in the mind or can we say it out during the sujood in salah?
I have this doubt because it is not allowed to talk or say salam during salah.

Also, is it allowed to say Alhamdulillah when you sneeze?

Salaam.
S.H.O

Nitro Zeus
03-08-2018, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SHO

:sl:
The page says:

Are we allowed to pray only in the mind or can we say it out during the sujood in salah?
I have this doubt because it is not allowed to talk or say salam during salah.

Salaam.
S.H.O
Saying “Thank you God” after you sneezed I think it is normal. Of course it is not allowed to talk to anybody or to say “hello” during the prayer because, you are having an important conversation with your Lord.

99sobi
03-08-2018, 08:11 PM
You can say it in your mind or you can whisper it, anything that does not cause a disruption. Remember, Allah is all-knowing and understands every whisper, every thought, every feeling and niyyah (intention) that you have in your heart.
Yes this is prescribed in the sunnah. The Prophet said, "When any one of you sneezes he should praise Allah and the other should say: May Allah have mercy upon you, and if he does not praise Allah, no mercy should be begged for him." (https://muflihun.com/muslim/42/7127) During the prayer, if you sneeze, you should say Alhamdulillah quietly so as to not cause disruption or so that nobody else hears you. It is not permitted for anyone to say "Yarhamu kallah" because this falls under human speech. Only tasbeeh (saying Alhamdulillah) is allowed according to the majority of scholars. (https://islamqa.info/en/106435)

And Allah knows best

Nitro Zeus
03-08-2018, 08:55 PM
You can say it in your mind or you can whisper it, anything that does not cause a disruption. Remember, Allah is all-knowing and understands every whisper, every thought, every feeling and niyyah (intention) that you have in your heart.

Yes this is prescribed in the sunnah. The Prophet said, "When any one of you sneezes he should praise Allah and the other should say: May Allah have mercy upon you, and if he does not praise Allah, no mercy should be begged for him." (https://muflihun.com/muslim/42/7127) During the prayer, if you sneeze, you should say Alhamdulillah quietly so as to not cause disruption or so that nobody else hears you. It is not permitted for anyone to say "Yarhamu kallah" because this falls under human speech. Only tasbeeh (saying Alhamdulillah) is allowed according to the majority of scholars. (https://islamqa.info/en/106435)

And Allah knows best
What does it mean “yarhamu kallah”? Is this kufr if one does say this? I can say at the end of each prayer “peace and blessings of God be upon you” on left and right side in your mind? Or it is obligatory to say loudly?

99sobi
03-09-2018, 08:17 AM
What does it mean “yarhamu kallah”? Is this kufr if one does say this? I can say at the end of each prayer “peace and blessings of God be upon you” on left and right side in your mind? Or it is obligatory to say loudly?
It means "May Allah have mercy upon you" as I said in the hadith above. Again with the salaam you can say it in your head or you can mouth it or whisper it quietly; these tiny details do not matter. Rather, the intention matters, that you are concluding the prayer by giving salaam to the angels on your left and right as well as the believers in the place of prayer according to the scholars.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.