/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lazy and reluctant to pray

cinnamonrolls1
03-06-2018, 09:34 PM
Salams all
Iv become super worried because iv become so lazy in terms of praying etc. I feel so lazy to make wudu and pray etc like i cant be bothered(astaghfirallah) and i know its wrong but i just cant seem to kill the habit. Please can i get some advice or some hadiths or ayat warning those who dont pray or something. Im viewing salat as a chore- i hate to say it, but argh its true and im scared il be like this for ages.
Please advise me brothers and sisters, and may He bless you and reward you for all that you do.
Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
سيف الله
03-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Salaam

Hmmm, it sounds like procrastination, is it just prayers you find difficult or does it happen in other areas of life?

cinnamonrolls1
03-06-2018, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
Salaam

Hmmm, it sounds like procrastination, is it just prayers you find difficult or does it happen in other areas of life?
Yea other stuff too.

cinnamonrolls1
03-06-2018, 10:19 PM
Its more to do with wudu tbh though

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misbah-Abd
03-06-2018, 10:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaSz0urpXtI

Recognize if your Eemaan is Increasing or Decreasing - By Shaykh Muhammad Amaan Al-Jaami - YouTube
Recognize if your Eemaan is Increasing or Decreasing - By Shaykh Muhammad Amaan Al-Jaami رحمه الله https://mtws.posthaven.com/recognize...-imaan-is-incr......

سيف الله
03-06-2018, 11:01 PM
Salaam

Hmm yes I have this problem as well sometimes. I'm a little busy at the moment but Ill try and dig up some good information on dealing with procrastination.

03-07-2018, 01:19 AM
Whenever I don't feel like praying, I always remind myself that God casted away iblis and told him that he will go to the hellfire, because he didn't prostrate for adam pbuh. What will god say to you when you have refused to prostrate for Allah himself? Let that sink in... Try to understand that you will miss paradise and actually be send to hell if you don't start praying and repent for it. It is that important.

Another suggestion I have for you, which I use myself, is to download an app called "Loop - Habit Tracker" (android only, though there are ones on iphone that are the same). I recommend you track every Salah separately and also have a seperate tracker for complething all of them.

azc
03-07-2018, 03:00 AM
Plz see it whether or not salah is performed on time despite delaying...?

IslamLife00
03-07-2018, 03:21 AM
Maybe this hadith can help motivate you to pray

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (ﷺ), who said:Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: The first of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded: and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. If there is something defective in his obligatory prayers, the Lord (glorified and exalted be He) will say: See if My servant has any supererogatory prayers with which may be completed that which was defective in his obligatory prayers. Then the rest of his actions will be judged in like fashion. It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah and Ahmad)

What problem do you have with wudhu? is it because you keep breaking it? search islamqa, maybe you are among those who are exempt (you still do wudhu, you just don't have to repeat, due to certain physical condition that is out of your control)

BurningHeart
03-07-2018, 08:03 AM
Walaikum musalam,

Certainly there are many hadith on the importance of Salah in life.

Usually laziness engulfs when there are sins involved, at times we do not know if we are really sinning or not. This is why even our beloved Prophet (sallahu allay wa salam) used to make istighfar, to teach the ummah to keep up with it.

Our shuyookh of past used to stick with wudhu so much that it seemed as if they were in the state of wudhu 24/7. Along with that, they used to wear clean clothes. These things have direct impact on the heart, the more we look towards the purity side the more active we will feel.

The heart is the centre, even in a hadith it is mentioned if the heart is healthy so is the whole body. What you feed to the heart will be shown through your actions.

Just give it a test, spend a week without mobile phones and internet. Protect your eyes from reading, gazing etc even at the slightest thing that would effect your heart in a bad way. And in the same manner protect your ears, your thoughts. On top of this wear clean clothes, and stick with wudhu. Then do tell us how peaceful you felt.

The thing is, it is not Allah rabul 'izza that against us (ilyazubillah min zalik), but rather we are against ourselves. The blessings and the mercy are falling down like rain, the only thing that puts the barrier between it is our sins.

Time today is very tough, young muslims are taking antidepressants meds and what not. Because they can not find the peace of the heart. People are perplexed and uncertain, while anxiety is shooting along with depression.

It is not happening itself, but we are allowing it to happen with our own hands. We need to close those channels which leads to it.

honestly, I do at times wish to write it down all. But the sad reality is that people will call me some mullah or too extreme. I remember back then, about 10ish years ago, many of the muslims would be active and ready to drop out what should have been dropped out. But nowadays, we seek to legalise what is really not worth it. I think I should just stop going further.

'Ajeeb SubhanAllah...

I do remember spending some time with a Shaykh, initially I found it hard to comply with what he would advice such as do not use smart phones (without need), remove all the pictures, zikr etc I thought 'Ya Shaykh, this is mushkila wallah...how can I do these things while I am studying Mech. Eng. in a Uni' - but as time passed, and as I started complying further and further it felt as if that was when I truly felt in life in state of peace. May Allah rabul 'izza bless him and give blessing in his life, ameen. What a man he is, like a person of old times who is away from technology and all these things, whenever I call him weekly, he gives a lot of duas and I get near to break-down that we still have such personalities who were like Sufyan Thawree (rahimullah).

Through my past, I used to study many biographies the likes of Imam Sufyan Thawree (rah), Ibn Qayyim (rah), Shaykh Abdullah bin Mubarak (rah). As time went past and I got to university level I felt these personalities are hard to find. I started to frail in my own ibadah, as I duniya started to enter in my heart. But before I graduated last summer I had a wake up call as I met this Shaykh.

It is tough times, certainly. But we need to re-evaluate since the trouble is being caused with our own hands not someone outside. We are the ones who need to change ourselves first, not others.

azc
03-07-2018, 11:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BurningHeart
Walaikum musalam,Certainly there are many hadith on the importance of Salah in life.Usually laziness engulfs when there are sins involved, at times we do not know if we are really sinning or not. This is why even our beloved Prophet (sallahu allay wa salam) used to make istighfar, to teach the ummah to keep up with it.Our shuyookh of past used to stick with wudhu so much that it seemed as if they were in the state of wudhu 24/7. Along with that, they used to wear clean clothes. These things have direct impact on the heart, the more we look towards the purity side the more active we will feel.The heart is the centre, even in a hadith it is mentioned if the heart is healthy so is the whole body. What you feed to the heart will be shown through your actions. Just give it a test, spend a week without mobile phones and internet. Protect your eyes from reading, gazing etc even at the slightest thing that would effect your heart in a bad way. And in the same manner protect your ears, your thoughts. On top of this wear clean clothes, and stick with wudhu. Then do tell us how peaceful you felt.The thing is, it is not Allah rabul 'izza that against us (ilyazubillah min zalik), but rather we are against ourselves. The blessings and the mercy are falling down like rain, the only thing that puts the barrier between it is our sins. Time today is very tough, young muslims are taking antidepressants meds and what not. Because they can not find the peace of the heart. People are perplexed and uncertain, while anxiety is shooting along with depression. It is not happening itself, but we are allowing it to happen with our own hands. We need to close those channels which leads to it.honestly, I do at times wish to write it down all. But the sad reality is that people will call me some mullah or too extreme. I remember back then, about 10ish years ago, many of the muslims would be active and ready to drop out what should have been dropped out. But nowadays, we seek to legalise what is really not worth it. I think I should just stop going further. 'Ajeeb SubhanAllah...I do remember spending some time with a Shaykh, initially I found it hard to comply with what he would advice such as do not use smart phones (without need), remove all the pictures, zikr etc I thought 'Ya Shaykh, this is mushkila wallah...how can I do these things while I am studying Mech. Eng. in a Uni' - but as time passed, and as I started complying further and further it felt as if that was when I truly felt in life in state of peace. May Allah rabul 'izza bless him and give blessing in his life, ameen. What a man he is, like a person of old times who is away from technology and all these things, whenever I call him weekly, he gives a lot of duas and I get near to break-down that we still have such personalities who were like Sufyan Thawree (rahimullah).Through my past, I used to study many biographies the likes of Imam Sufyan Thawree (rah), Ibn Qayyim (rah), Shaykh Abdullah bin Mubarak (rah). As time went past and I got to university level I felt these personalities are hard to find. I started to frail in my own ibadah, as I duniya started to enter in my heart. But before I graduated last summer I had a wake up call as I met this Shaykh.It is tough times, certainly. But we need to re-evaluate since the trouble is being caused with our own hands not someone outside. We are the ones who need to change ourselves first, not others.
So you are adhere to a shaykh. Who is he...?

Zzz_
03-08-2018, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Its more to do with wudu tbh though
so wudu is making you lazy more so than the salah itself?

if so, what makes you not want to do wudu?

and how do you do wudu?

cinnamonrolls1
03-08-2018, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
so wudu is making you lazy more so than the salah itself?

if so, what makes you not want to do wudu?

and how do you do wudu?
I used to do the sunna wudu everytime, but i kept on having waswas so i switched to fard.Now i seem to constantly have issues with breaking wudu but mot enough for it be chronic so i do fard and try n do sunna once or twice a day.

cinnamonrolls1
03-08-2018, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
So you are adhere to a shaykh. Who is he...?
I will try to limit my time on tge internet inshallah.

azc
03-08-2018, 08:34 AM
I will try to limit my time on tge internet inshallah.
instead of internet, spend some time with pious people in person,

stay with elderly people and learn from their experience.

سيف الله
03-14-2018, 10:50 PM
Salaam

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Instead of giving a long essay that will probably bore you to tears and echoing what the brothers and sisters have said earlier, Ill recommend this book.

Blurb

Not caring what other people think is a superpower that will allow you to get what you want out of life. Most people worry about what others will think, so they suffocate their actions. As a result they never live up to their potential. Within this book are insights about life and living it ot the fullest.

YOU WILL LEARN

The real reason that the ablity to work hard is so valuable.

How to identify where to invest your emotional energy for the greatest return.

Why you cant afford to have low standards for anything you do or the company you keep

The greatest source of motivation that goes untapped by most.

Vital paradigm and mindset shifts that will allow you to get more out of life.

The difference between strategy and tactics and how to develop a mindset for both.

How to find the best person to start a relationship with and how to get the most out of it.

Excerpts from the book

THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT TRAIT FOR SUCCESS IS SELF DISCIPLINE. EVERYTHING ELSE TAKES CARE OF ITSELF IF YOU HAVE THIS

While the recipe for success has many ingredients, there is a disagreement on the most important one. If you ask ten different people, your likely to get ten difference answers. Here, I make the case for self discipline. No matter what you choose to do, there will always be an unpleasant component. It will be difficult and lack enjoyment, but all great things have a great price. The price must be paid in full, upfront, and there are no refunds – only wasted opportunity.

You can pay be cash, or credit card. Hard work and time are the only currency that success accepts. This is why self discipline is the most important trait. During the moments you don’t want to work because the difficulty is great or your exhaustion is severe, self discipline is needed to carry you on. Self discipline pushes you forward regardless of your momentary feelings.

Without it, you wont do what is needed. You likely wont even start. If you cannot force yourself to take action towards your goals, nothing else you do matters. This is why the single most important trait for success is self-discipline. Everything takes care of itself if you have this.

ACTIONABLE ADVICE

Start a running routine with a pre determined distance. It needs to be challenge you but within the range of what’s possible. No matter how much pain your in, finish at least 3 times a week.

Get out of bed no later than 5am every day. You needn’t be completely aware or awake, but your feet need to be on the ground moving you towards the start of your day. It doesn’t matter how slow you move. All that matters is that you don’t get back into bed.

Every day do something that makes you nervous. The nervousness normally holds you back but now, as long as it wont cause you physical harm, do it.

SOCIAL MEDIA HAS MORE CONTROL OVER PEOPLE THAN PEOPLE HAVE CONTROL OVER IT

Social media is addictive because its one of the few places where a person faces no immediate repercussion for emotional over indulgence. This is the nature of the internet and impersonal communication. The same reason social media is addictive. . . . .With no immediate repercussion, a person is free to indulge in whatever feels good at the moment.

Social media infects your mind by giving you constant access to a willing audience. This almost always leads to an over inflated sense of importance. An exaggerated sense of entitlement always seduces and destroys. You will never have control over social the social mediums because you don’t want control. You want to drown in the self importance and lack of boundaries on social media. This is how it gets control of you – it gives you your biggest fantasy: it makes you the center of attention while simultaneously freeing you from negative consequences.

ACTIONABLE ADVICE

It was not too long ago that we did not have social media and its propagation over wireless networks. Many people feel their lives are connected via social media, but this is only a persistent illusions. To challenge this illusion, decrease you usage by one level.

If your constantly using, reduces your posting time to certain portions of the day, if you post intermittently throughout the day, don’t post for a few days. The goal is to gradually increase the amount of control you have over social media.
We don’t want to quite cold turkey because extremes of this nature wont work for most people. If you can completely eliminate using social media then this is excellent, but the gradual approach of increasing control is ideal and most likely to lead to sustainable success.

It’s an excellent read. Its tough, no nonsense but manages to be insightful at the same time. Wish I had a book like this when I was a teenager, Would have saved a lot, A LOT of wasted time. Well worth £12.00 asking price.

Hope this helps.

cinnamonrolls1
03-14-2018, 10:53 PM
I seem to have an issue keeping my wudu but not for all prayers and i dont fulfill all the criteria of madhur. After praying isha 3 times and doing wudu like x4/3 i caved in. Im just hoping my intentions will count on the day of judgement. I know im not meant to be overburden myself but im terrified my salah wont be valid and il go to Hell. I can feel my imaan decreasing :( Any advice?

cinnamonrolls1
03-14-2018, 10:55 PM
I never actually missed a salah entirely or anything alhamdulilah. I just have to constantly make wudu and it takes like an hr for one salah. I just hope my niyya counts.

Misbah-Abd
03-14-2018, 11:01 PM
Ignore your shaytan and his waswas. Your intentions sound sincere. May Allah Azza wa Jal accept from you.

The basic principle concerning the worshipper is that if he has done wudoo’, then his wudoo’ cannot be broken by something doubtful, rather he must be certain that he has broken it. If he is certain that he has broken his wudoo’, then he should stop praying and do wudoo’ again.

https://islamqa.info/en/8910

Zzz_
03-14-2018, 11:17 PM
I seem to have an issue keeping my wudu but not for all prayers and i dont fulfill all the criteria of madhur. After praying isha 3 times and doing wudu like x4/3 i caved in. Im just hoping my intentions will count on the day of judgement. I know im not meant to be overburden myself but im terrified my salah wont be valid and il go to Hell. I can feel my imaan decreasing :( Any advice?
previously, I shared the info on your other thread regarding this issue. you could follow that...

I just hope my niyya counts.
On the authority of Ameer ul-Mu’mineen (the Commander of the Faithful), Abu Hafs `Umar ibn al-Khattab radiAllahu anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam say:

“Actions are but by intentions and every man shall have only that which he intended. Thus he whose migration (Hijrah to Madeenah from Makkah) was for Allah and His Messenger, his migration was for Allah and His Messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated.

Reported in Bukhari and Muslim

- - - Updated - - -

previously, I shared the info on your other thread regarding this issue. you could follow that...

I just hope my niyya counts.
On the authority of Ameer ul-Mu’mineen (the Commander of the Faithful), Abu Hafs `Umar ibn al-Khattab radiAllahu anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam say:

“Actions are but by intentions and every man shall have only that which he intended. Thus he whose migration (Hijrah to Madeenah from Makkah) was for Allah and His Messenger, his migration was for Allah and His Messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated.

Reported in Bukhari and Muslim

cinnamonrolls1
03-15-2018, 06:47 AM
Sorry guys- i know im talking about this a lot and being super annoying :(

eesa the kiwi
03-15-2018, 07:53 AM
There's a lecture on YouTube called pray before you are prayed upon by abdur raheem green

Give it a watch inshaAllah

سيف الله
03-15-2018, 11:38 PM
Salaam

its ok :)

Just to reiterate what has been discussed.

cinnamonrolls1
03-16-2018, 07:57 AM
I think i qualify as madhur but idk i have ah stomach issues lets say but they only seem to be acting up in the past like 2-3 weeks

IslamLife00
03-16-2018, 11:39 AM
Don't be too hard on yourself. Just keep doing your best each time
When you don't have the problem, offer more salah after obligatory. If there is any lacking in your obligatory salah, Allah will take from the non obligatory
Make dua ask Allah to make it easy for you and to clear up your confusion InshaaAllah
Watch what you eat/drink it may be the reason

cinnamonrolls1
03-16-2018, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00
Don't be too hard on yourself. Just keep doing your best each time
When you don't have the problem, offer more salah after obligatory. If there is any lacking in your obligatory salah, Allah will take from the non obligatory
Make dua ask Allah to make it easy for you and to clear up your confusion InshaaAllah
Watch what you eat/drink it may be the reason
Yeah. Iv had chronic constipation my whole life( sorry for tmi) and i think tge medicine im taking at the moment seems to be contributing.

cinnamonrolls1
03-16-2018, 06:06 PM
Im on the edge now honestly. I have a combination of waswas and actual "issues". These issues arent present for every salat and i dont fulfill all the criteria of being madhur so i really dont know what to do anymore. I prayed duhr twice and gave up. Pretty sure i broke wudu in the 2nd time. My issue is i cant even tell the difference sometimes now if i actually passed anything or it was just my imagination/ a sensation that wasnt gas being passed. I dont know what to do im terrified of being punished by God even tho i know God's merciful. I dont know how many times to repeat my salah etc because i dont fall into the category of madhur. Im losing time because im constantly doing wudu and now im just stuck. Im stuck between praying and doing wudu again like 4-5 times or just leaving it. Sometimes i feel like i passed gas mid prayer so i stop and go do wudu again but i dont know if it was gas or waswas when im done. So i pray again and i break wudu or whstever. Redo wudu and pray again , same thing happens. I get burnt out and full of guilt and my iman is at an all time low. I dont know how to overcome this, a therapist here would put me down for ocd but its more powerful than that. Im sorry for this rant but its too much for me. Please keep me in your duas brothers and sisters.

cinnamonrolls1
03-16-2018, 06:08 PM
Salaam

its ok :)

Just to reiterate what has been discussed.

I dont understand. Are you telling me(or is yoda) to stop freaking out and just try my hardest?

Misbah-Abd
03-16-2018, 06:10 PM
Im on the edge now honestly. I have a combination of waswas and actual "issues". These issues arent present for every salat and i dont fulfill all the criteria of being madhur so i really dont know what to do anymore. I prayed duhr twice and gave up. Pretty sure i broke wudu in the 2nd time. My issue is i cant even tell the difference sometimes now if i actually passed anything or it was just my imagination/ a sensation that wasnt gas being passed. I dont know what to do im terrified of being punished by God even tho i know God's merciful. I dont know how many times to repeat my salah etc because i dont fall into the category of madhur. Im losing time because im constantly doing wudu and now im just stuck. Im stuck between praying and doing wudu again like 4-5 times or just leaving it. Sometimes i feel like i passed gas mid prayer so i stop and go do wudu again but i dont know if it was gas or waswas when im done. So i pray again and i break wudu or whstever. Redo wudu and pray again , same thing happens. I get burnt out and full of guilt and my iman is at an all time low. I dont know how to overcome this, a therapist here would put me down for ocd but its more powerful than that. Im sorry for this rant but its too much for me. Please keep me in your duas brothers and sisters.
Either sound or smell would constitute if you broke your wudu. Leave the doubtful matters alone.

cinnamonrolls1
03-16-2018, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd
Either sound or smell would constitute if you broke your wudu. Leave the doubtful matters alone.
Yeah but i feel stuff too. And im also taking medicine so imsure whether to redo my salah or not if you understand my point?

Misbah-Abd
03-16-2018, 06:16 PM
Yeah but i feel stuff too. And im also taking medicine so imsure whether to redo my salah or not if you understand my point?
I gave you the link to read. Please read to ease your mind of this. Islam doesn't make things unbearable. People with medical conditions have exceptions:

https://islamqa.info/en/22843

Continuous wind and breaking wudoo’ - islamqa.info
I have a problem of almost continuous releasing of gas.i want to know whether i need to refresh ablution for fajir prayers after offering my tahajud prayers-and...

azc
03-16-2018, 06:21 PM
Does it help .....?

https://islamqa.info/en/176951

Misbah-Abd
03-16-2018, 06:26 PM
Does it help .....?

Yours was an even better link. If she continues to have doubts after this then its beyond our help.

Difference of opinion concerning the ruling on emission of wind from a woman’s front passage - islamqa.info
As is knownwomen sometimes have air like gas or bubbles or wind coming out from the front passage. Sometimes it has a soundbut more often not. As you have writt...

cinnamonrolls1
03-16-2018, 06:28 PM
Im gonna try and email an imam, i saw this book which is basically on how to get rid of waswas, seems to work based off of testemonials.Gonna see if i can get it inshallah.

cinnamonrolls1
03-16-2018, 08:29 PM
Does it help .....?

It does a bit, jazakallah khairan. Pls keep me in your duas brother.

Difference of opinion concerning the ruling on emission of wind from a woman’s front passage - islamqa.info
As is knownwomen sometimes have air like gas or bubbles or wind coming out from the front passage. Sometimes it has a soundbut more often not. As you have writt...

cinnamonrolls1
03-16-2018, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd
I gave you the link to read. Please read to ease your mind of this. Islam doesn't make things unbearable. People with medical conditions have exceptions:

https://islamqa.info/en/22843

Continuous wind and breaking wudoo’ - islamqa.info
I have a problem of almost continuous releasing of gas.i want to know whether i need to refresh ablution for fajir prayers after offering my tahajud prayers-and...
Thank you for this! Just seen it now, this was very helpful!

Misbah-Abd
03-16-2018, 10:00 PM
Thank you for this! Just seen it now, this was very helpful!
The shaytan wants to discourage you from worship with his constant waswas. But remember, Islam has an answer for everything, you just have to seek it ;)

سيف الله
03-16-2018, 10:38 PM
Salaam

I dont understand. Are you telling me(or is yoda) to stop freaking out and just try my hardest?
In a word yes!

This video is actually quite good at breaking down what Yoda is trying to teach Luke.

cinnamonrolls1
03-16-2018, 11:44 PM
Salaam

In a word yes!

This video is actually quite good at breaking down what Yoda is trying to teach Luke.

Never been one for star wars... but i think im starting to enjoy it now

Zzz_
03-17-2018, 12:13 AM
Ask sheikh at Huda TV

002 02 38555 248 9 ask@huda.tv

cinnamonrolls1
03-17-2018, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
Ask sheikh at Huda TV

002 02 38555 248 9 ask@huda.tv
I think im gonna email the imam at a mosque in my city here and ask him what to do. Thanks for the suggestion!

cinnamonrolls1
03-17-2018, 01:18 PM
Salam( again sorry lol) i was wondering if anyone could tell me if i had to make up salah from when i was madhur/excused? Im feeling a lot better now alhamdulilah but i was unsure if i had to or not? All i can find is making up completely missed salats, not ones for people with health issues etc

IslamLife00
05-02-2018, 04:27 AM
Salam( again sorry lol) i was wondering if anyone could tell me if i had to make up salah from when i was madhur/excused? Im feeling a lot better now alhamdulilah but i was unsure if i had to or not? All i can find is making up completely missed salats, not ones for people with health issues etc
Sister,

If you are excused/exempt, then your salah is valid, you do not have to make it up. You have read the islamqa info on this thread, so don't let shaytan plays with your mind, making you doubt endlessly.

Do your best ignore waswas, and don't be too hard on yourself. May Allah make it easy for you.

cinnamonrolls1
05-02-2018, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00
Sister,

If you are excused/exempt, then your salah is valid, you do not have to make it up. You have read the islamqa info on this thread, so don't let shaytan plays with your mind, making you doubt endlessly.

Do your best ignore waswas, and don't be too hard on yourself. May Allah make it easy for you.
Thank you, may Allah bless you!

ahmed.younes
05-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Salamk Alikum sister

I have been through the same exact problem as you are going through, and still suffer from it today. This is definatley a test from allah, and allah tests his servants, because he loves them so be patient, and complete your prayers.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens his punishment in this world, and when He wills bad for His slave, He withholds his sins until he comes with them on the Day of Resurrection." Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2396; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

One of the Companions said, "O Messenger of Allah. There are many injunctions of Islam for me. So tell me something to which I may hold fast." He said, "Keep your tongue wet with the remembrance of Allah."

[At-Tirmidhi].

I have had the same issue, and alhmdulilah, just keep fighting it, and inshallah it will continue to fade away, and do not let shaytan make you doubt yourself in any way. Iman goes up and goes down... We are all human and we all sin so keep steadfast inshallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.