/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Writing Contest 2018

Scimitar
03-15-2018, 07:57 PM
Sister Herb is the current winner but it has now been way over a year and there has been no writing competition... so...

...is it time?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cinnamonrolls1
03-15-2018, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Sister Herb is the current winner but it has now been way over a year and there has been no writing competition... so...

...is it time?
Yes!! Inshallah!!

*charisma*
03-15-2018, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by scimitar
sister herb is the current winner but it has now been way over a year and there has been no writing competition... So...

...is it time?
but ummm...will you be writing this time?

edit: for the record I wrote that all in caps and it uncapped it for me :(

Scimitar
03-15-2018, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
but ummm...will you be writing this time?
I could be persuaded... with ice cream!

Edit: For the record i wrote that all in caps and it uncapped it for me :(
“NO WAY” ;)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umme salma
03-17-2018, 11:08 AM
hi, if you can, clarify what it has to be about? are they stories, poems, ideas . thank you..and if there is a max or minimum amount of words? maybe if your encouraging us and you enjoy reading, lol, than persuading we must.. im sure sis chrisma will agree..

sister herb
03-17-2018, 01:09 PM
Yes! Yes! I already asked this at the time of the poetry contest but mod/admin asked to wait the better time. Maybe now it´s the better time. I´ll sharpen my pen and then I am ready!

Scimitar
03-17-2018, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umme salma
hi, if you can, clarify what it has to be about? are they stories, poems, ideas . thank you..and if there is a max or minimum amount of words? maybe if your encouraging us and you enjoy reading, lol, than persuading we must.. im sure sis chrisma will agree..
These are the standard rules for previous writing competitions.

Stories can be about any topic, theme or genre, but must not conflict with forum rules.

Stories must be the entrant's own work and must be in English.

Each entrant may submit only one story.

Stories cannot have been posted already on this forum.

Stories cannot use existing characters e.g. your story cannot be about the adventures of Batman and Robin.

Stories can be any length, but no longer than 5,000 words - this is a limit not a target.

Do not post your story here or anywhere else on the forum (or anything to do with your story), as the contest is supposed to be anonymous. Not the genre, not the title and not even one sentence of it.

Stories can be edited and formatted etc however the author chooses before submission, but the Host will not alter or reformat the story once it has been submitted

If you have any further suggestions, please share them.

The parameters are really wide. Read through some of the previous entries to see how wide those parameters are. We've had dramas, crime thrillers, horror, action-adventure, cute stories, and stories with morals etc.

Here is the last writing competition thread with stories in it!! https://www.islamicboard.com/creative-writing-amp-art/134343837-writing-contest-entries-2016-voting-thread.html

And here is the previous discussion thread for the stories: https://www.islamicboard.com/creativ...ml#post2944062

cinnamonrolls1
03-17-2018, 02:06 PM
So who do i send my writing to if i wanted to enter?

cinnamonrolls1
03-17-2018, 02:09 PM
Tempted to just send in my n5 english portfolio ngl... Hope you all enjoy discursive essays and cringy stories

sister herb
03-17-2018, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
So who do i send my writing to if i wanted to enter?
You´ll send it to the host via PM (who ever it will be at this year, will be announced later).

cinnamonrolls1
03-17-2018, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
You´ll send it to the host via PM (who ever it will be at this year, will be announced later).
Ahh thank you!

Umme salma
03-17-2018, 04:01 PM
good luck sis, really looking forward to reading your creative thoughts, im a new member but do love when someone like yourself is excited, always wonderful to see.. <3

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Tempted to just send in my n5 english portfolio ngl... Hope you all enjoy discursive essays and cringy stories
now cringy stories sounds cool..lol honestly dont be afraid to share, you never know who may enjoy reading them.. xx

cinnamonrolls1
03-17-2018, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umme salma
good luck sis, really looking forward to reading your creative thoughts, im a new member but do love when someone like yourself is excited, always wonderful to see.. <3

- - - Updated - - -

now cringy stories sounds cool..lol honestly dont be afraid to share, you never know who may enjoy reading them.. xx
Ahaha, maybe i will do that! You should send in something too inshallah! <3

Tayiba
03-23-2018, 03:44 PM
Hi, :sl:
I would like to join the contest please. How to send it?

Scimitar
03-23-2018, 04:53 PM
This is just the thread to discuss the possibility of having a writing competition this year إن شاء الله

so far, I think there are some good people who would like to enter it if we do decide to go ahead.

Voting ends next month (24th I believe) so get voting for th competition and if we get enough traction through the votes, we can ask the admin to organise it إن شاء الله

sister herb
03-23-2018, 05:26 PM
Admins, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease! We wanna writing contest!

AabiruSabeel
03-23-2018, 07:18 PM
:sl:

We can keep this thread itself as the official discussion thread for the writing contest and update the first post with the rules, deadline etc. What do you all suggest? Is it ok, or shall we start a new thread?

Also, is anyone interested in hosting the contest? If not, then I can collect the entries myself :ia:.

Umme salma
03-25-2018, 02:54 PM
I knew thread would help ease the confusion of past comments for new members...may create a sub thread if that's possible..?

Ibn Yaqzan
06-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Scimitar, why did you change your name to bushwackk?

Scimitar
07-10-2018, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Yaqzan
Scimitar, why did you change your name to bushwackk?
I used to know someone of that name (Bushwackk) and i'm trying to draw him out of hiding from the web. Maybe he doesn't want to come back. But if he does... LEGEND!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.