/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Islam helped Ireland.

Scottish Celt
03-17-2018, 08:41 PM
In its hour in need,I came across this YT video,Ireland is a country close to my heart as i have Irish blood from my Grandmothers side from co.Donegal-Ireland

''From starvation,came celebration''

Alhamdulillah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah-Abd
03-17-2018, 09:01 PM
I remember watching a video about this. Al-Hamdulilah.

cinnamonrolls1
03-18-2018, 06:30 AM
This looks good! Subhanallah didnt know the khalifa reached that far

سيف الله
05-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Salaam

Like to share

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
05-03-2018, 08:56 PM
Thats why it was called "Devlet-i Ali" The Great State..

سيف الله
05-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Salaam

Ill post another short documentary, well made.

سيف الله
05-13-2018, 08:44 AM
Salaam

Some background information on what the Irish famine was all about

سيف الله
05-13-2018, 11:45 PM
Salaam

One of the few good acts from Tony Blair.

Blair issues apology for Irish Potato Famine (1997)

Tony Blair has issued a statement on the Irish Potato Famine 150 years ago which amounts to the first apology expressed by the British authorities.

At a weekend festival in County Cork to commemorate the famine, which claimed one million lives, a letter was read out from the Prime Minister in which he blamed "those who governed in London" at the time for the disaster. The statement was read to an audience of 15,000 at a concert by the Irish actor Gabriel Byrne. In it, Mr Blair said he was pleased to join in remembering those who had died and suffered during "the great Irish famine".

He went on: "The famine was a defining event in the history of Ireland and Britain. It has left deep scars. That one million people should have died in what was then part of the richest and most powerful nation in the world is something that still causes pain as we reflect on it today. Those who governed in London at the time failed their people."

Mr Blair's words were welcomed by John Bruton, the Irish Prime Minister, who said: "While the statement confronts the past honestly, it does so in a way that heals for the future." Kathy Marks

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/blair-issues-apology-for-irish-potato-famine-1253790.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.