/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to get married in Islam?

Tann76
03-18-2018, 12:06 AM
Hi all, I'm new here. I was just wondering about marriage and how do people get married? I think arranged marriage is bad and wouldn't want to have that because your parents choose someone for you without your consent.

Also, what do you think of this marriage process? So say, your at an age where you're ready to get married and your parents are involved in finding someone for you. So they search through own family contacts and ask them but don't find anyone so they join like a Muslim marriage centre or something and there's a list of people you can look through with all their basic details. Then you can request anyone you like, and your parents and the parents of the potential contact each other and they both send a picture of the potential partner along with a CV with basic important facts and details about them. So you look through and if you like them then the parents arrange both families to meet each other. If that goes well and they both like each other then it progresses to like 'halal dating' where they go out to like a restaurant and get to know each other with the company of their family members, and then if that goes well they get married. If after the meet and greet they don't like each other or one doesn't the parents tell them it's a no.

So what's that process called? Is that a good way since my brothers got married that way.

Or what if you just wanted to find someone yourself through your own social circle or you just happen to meet someone and you like them? Then you tell your parents you want to marry them. Is that a good idea? Would the parents allow that? I mean, the parents don't need to be involved because it's your relationship. As long as they meet and accept them it's fine.

What do you guys think, what are your views on this subject? Personally, I definitely have to get to know someone until I know them well enough to get married.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cinnamonrolls1
03-19-2018, 05:28 PM
You can get married in any way as long as it follows islamic guidelines. Arranged marriages arent the sole way to get married.

cinnamonrolls1
03-19-2018, 05:29 PM
The way ur brothers got married is fine, non married ( eg engaged) couples shouldnt be alone together etc but you can out to eat etc if theres a mahram present.

MazharShafiq
03-23-2018, 09:49 AM
Although Muslim wedding ceremonies vary widely, there are common Islamic beliefs and laws about marriage across cultures. Scholars derive Islamic law from their interpretations of the Quran, which followers believe is the word of Allah, or God; and the Hadith, which are the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad. Believers also rely upon the advice and their local imam, who is the leader of the mosque.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
03-23-2018, 01:40 PM
I think if you like someone let your parents be known or if the parents choose any girl for you, you can see her and vice versa

CalmPassenger
03-23-2018, 05:45 PM
When i was kid. I always thought why ppl do sins and walk on wrong path (Zinah). When there is a Halaal way to get married. Now i am in that age and finding my life partner. To be honest. Its not that easy. Even you had a good bank balance. Especially in Pakistan. We (society) made halaal things so complex that its nearly impossible to go with Halaal ways. But unfortunately Haram things are really easy(Just like online Banking). This world is beautifully designed. Everything looks real, Look at the colors in a rainbow. Remarkable traps, Lust, greed... After all we have a belly to full fill it with food. Thats my friend when satan make his move. Disappointment is the key. Never Give Up, Never surrender. Always Trust on your God. He will never leave you alone. Inshort i also think same.

Stay inside the circle (islam). After all these rules and laws are for our benefit. There are many apps and website for halaal dating and marriage. There is one problem. There are many fake profiles and mostly are prostitutes. Unfortunately, Marriage is a huge profitable business right now. So Good wishes and i think you should marry as soon as you can. Because its really hard to survive. Satan business is now worldwide. Ahaha he is getting huge market every where. If you survive yourself from one way. He will get you other way. At the end. If you survive, Then you are lucky. In my experience, I neither have any power to do virtue or save myself from sin(secret to survive). Its Allah's Blessing which will save you.

cinnamonrolls1 You can get married in any way as long as it follows islamic guidelines.
I agree, Just remember (Stay inside the circle (islam).

Abz2000
05-19-2018, 02:14 PM
I'm finding playing these talks and lectures on my phone to be the best way of staying focused on taqwa whilst busy during ramadan. I deleted over 50 gigs of pure haram trash (pats own back :) ) didn't think i could do it before ramadan even though the idea passed my mind so many times. The devils are indeed biting their fingtips in rage at this expected outbreak of piety.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.