PDA

View Full Version : Passing wind and Wudu



rafhelp
03-18-2018, 12:34 AM
When you do wudhu you dont have to wash your backside as such. but when you pass wind (fart) after wudhu it breaks your wudhu, but why?

Its just gas.

Take for example someone who passes wind just before doing wudhu. He does his wudhu, prays his namaaz, but the gas he let out will still be lingering in his pants (you have to excuse the humour in this) after wudhu and while praying, yet in this scenario his wudhu i assume will be valid. But if he passes wind after wudhu it breaks the wudhu, this does not make sense.

Secondly a question about praying...

If we were to leave Earth and say live in space station or the moon or another planet...just say it happens and muslim go to space, exactly which direction would one face to pray? As in any case qibla would either be above or below you.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah-Abd
03-18-2018, 12:48 AM
You sound like a guy with too much time on his hands and trying to be funny at the expense of Islam. Fear Allah.
Reply

rafhelp
03-18-2018, 12:52 AM
not really, its a islamic discussion thread and there must be worse threads than this and its not an ungenuine question, it is a valid question
Reply

Scottish Celt
03-18-2018, 01:23 AM
...;D
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
azc
03-18-2018, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by riaz.firfirey
When you do wudhu you dont have to wash your backside as such. but when you pass wind (fart) after wudhu it breaks your wudhu, but why?

Its just gas.

Take for example someone who does a silent but deadly fart just before doing wudhu. He does his wudhu, prays his namaaz, but the gas he let out will still be lingering in his pants (you have to excuse the humour in this) after wudhu and while praying, yet in this scenario his wudhu i assume will be valid. But if he farts after wudhu it breaks the wudhu, this does not make sense.

Secondly a question about praying...

If we were to leave Earth and say live in space station or the moon or another planet...just say it happens and muslim go to space, exactly which direction would one face to pray? As in any case qibla would either be above or below you.
I've heard this question from a hadith rejector..? Are you one of them ?

Or

an orientalist masquerading as a Muslim...?

Any najasah, liquid or solid matter coming out of the penis and anus like urine, feces, sperm, madi, blood, etc also invalidates wudhu. It's not confined in passing wind only..?

Your opinion...?
Reply

rafhelp
03-18-2018, 02:03 AM
urine, feces, sperm, madi, blood they all cause physical visible stains or residue...

when you pee or excrete you are likely to go to a dirty place like toilet and will get your hands (which you just washed in wudhu) dirty...so that breaks wudhu....that makes sense.

your not going to do wudhu then urinate, ---- or sperminate your pants, its something that would get your hands dirty. a fart can disipate and no one will know, anything else like urine others will see, you will see it.

But when you fart its not staining your clothes or dirtying anything you just washed. its just gas and just a bad smell (maybe...) but there may already be dirty smells present from people who have bio, not showered or belching while praying etc...


Reply

azc
03-18-2018, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by riaz.firfirey
urine, feces, sperm, madi, blood they all cause physical visible stains or residue...when you pee or excrete you are likely to go to a dirty place like toilet and will get your hands (which you just washed in wudhu) dirty...so that breaks wudhu....that makes sense.your not going to do wudhu then urinate, ---- or sperminate your pants, its something that would get your hands dirty. a fart can disipate and no one will know, anything else like urine others will see, you will see it.But when you fart its not staining your clothes or dirtying anything you just washed. its just gas and just a bad smell (maybe...) but there may already be dirty smells present from people who have bio, not showered or belching while praying etc...
if someone thinks that what you say doesn't make sense, then.?
Reply

rafhelp
03-18-2018, 02:35 AM
what you just said doesnt make sense in itself

a fart is different from urine, faeces, sperm and blood in that it does NOT leave a physical visible stain or residue
Reply

azc
03-18-2018, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by riaz.firfirey
what you just said doesnt make sense in itself

a fart is different from urine, faeces, sperm and blood in that it does NOT leave a physical visible stain or residue
No, your logic doesn't make sense at all.

Physical visible stain has nothing to do with invalidating the wudhu rather it's ''coming out'' of any liquid or matter whether it's in form of liquid, solid or gas.
Reply

crimsontide06
03-18-2018, 03:40 AM
When a human farts...some of the matter that is inside may come out though you may/may not see it. This is why.
Reply

azc
03-18-2018, 07:31 AM
@riaz.firfirey ;Wherever you are in space face the earth and stand in direction of ka'aba. Being it up or down doesn't affect.
Reply

sister herb
03-18-2018, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by AbdullahKM
Join us atheists. I fart whenever I want, and I don't have to do a cleaning ritual afterward.
Also atheists can have some manners not to fart whenever they want (as being polite to others) and also to take care about personal hygiene. Think about it when you like to release the gas at the next time, you atheist.

Seriously speaking, I don´t think it´s a good bargain to change your eternal life to the liberty to fart whenever you wish.
Reply

azc
03-18-2018, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by AbdullahKM
Join us atheists. I fart whenever I want, and I don't have to do a cleaning ritual afterward.
so you believe in atheism...?
Reply

Misbah-Abd
03-18-2018, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by AbdullahKM
Join us atheists. I fart whenever I want, and I don't have to do a cleaning ritual afterward.
You atheists must have a lot of skid marks in those draws...;D
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
03-18-2018, 11:34 AM
@AbdullahKM its called hygiene lol
Reply

azc
03-18-2018, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
@AbdullahKM its called hygiene lol
And this atheist appears to be an ex Muslim
Reply

Peacefully
03-18-2018, 05:21 PM
one of those things you need to practice common sense with and approach modestly. dont underestimate intention. if one slips out during prayer, and your intention isnt malice, im sure allah wont hold it against you. but allah know best.
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
03-18-2018, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by rafhelp
When you do wudhu you dont have to wash your backside as such. but when you pass wind (fart) after wudhu it breaks your wudhu, but why?

Its just gas.

Take for example someone who does a silent but deadly fart just before doing wudhu. He does his wudhu, prays his namaaz, but the gas he let out will still be lingering in his pants (you have to excuse the humour in this) after wudhu and while praying, yet in this scenario his wudhu i assume will be valid. But if he farts after wudhu it breaks the wudhu, this does not make sense.
It doesn't make sense to you because you've not studied Islam and you're asking childish questions. Do you stick your nose in people's backside after they fart to see if the smell is still lingering? How do you know the smell sticks? The reason that breaking wind breaks ablution is because Allah's Messenger said so. I don't know the scientific explanation behind it but it's quite frankly irrelevant.

Originally Posted by rafhelp
Secondly a question about praying...

If we were to leave Earth and say live in space station or the moon or another planet...just say it happens and muslim go to space, exactly which direction would one face to pray? As in any case qibla would either be above or below you.
If, hypothetically, this happened we would face earth.

The above questions/answers aren't going to benefit you because there is nothing to be gained from them. You need to focus on the bigger picture, ask intelligent questions and most importantly learn Islam properly.
Reply

SubhanSheikh
10-19-2018, 08:44 PM
I just started thinking of this same exact question while doing wadu. This is a valid question and no question is stupid. I hope someone provide a valid reason, so I can answer my kids if they ask me this question. Kids these days ask all sorts of question and if we don't provide them adequate answers then chances are that they might start taking a different route of religion. And I can't tell my kids that my parents said so or someone said so and you ought to do it. (Like we know that reason why we are not supposed to eat pork, drink alcohol etc.)

I understand why wadu is important but if someone can please provide a logical reason as to why wadu breaks if you pass gas? The only thing that’s not clicking in my brain is that washing the backside is not part of the wadu.

I was doing wudu last night to pray maghrib and while washing my arms I had to pass gas and then I just started thinking that oh how long should I wait to redo my wudu? because the gas in still trapped in your pants but I don't know for how long? and then I just started thinking WHY and rest of the stuff??

It is very important to know about things why you do them and not just blindly do what others tell you and say.
Reply

azc
10-20-2018, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by SubhanSheikh
I just started thinking of this same exact question while doing wadu. This is a valid question and no question is stupid. I hope someone provide a valid reason, so I can answer my kids if they ask me this question. Kids these days ask all sorts of question and if we don't provide them adequate answers then chances are that they might start taking a different route of religion. And I can't tell my kids that my parents said so or someone said so and you ought to do it. (Like we know that reason why we are not supposed to eat pork, drink alcohol etc.) I understand why wadu is important but if someone can please provide a logical reason as to why wadu breaks if you pass gas? The only thing that’s not clicking in my brain is that washing the backside is not part of the wadu. I was doing wudu last night to pray maghrib and while washing my arms I had to pass gas and then I just started thinking that oh how long should I wait to redo my wudu? because the gas in still trapped in your pants but I don't know for how long? and then I just started thinking WHY and rest of the stuff?? It is very important to know about things why you do them and not just blindly do what others tell you and say.
'Sayings' of the prophet s.a.w is not the saying of 'someone'.
Reply

Aahmed
05-20-2019, 04:03 AM
A genuine question.
When we fart, there is a probability of passage of moisture from our rectum, which gives bad smell. Therefore, we must wash our back side after we break our wudu due to a fart. Those who are more flatulent should as a routine wash there back side every time they make wudu.
I request old members to show patience to questions asked and replies given thereof. Thanks
Reply

Ahmed.
05-24-2019, 11:31 AM
If you pass wind and cannot be 100% sure that some water or feces has exited too, then there is no need to wash your backside.

If you feel wetness on rectum after passing gas and if this wetness has not spread more than the space of a UK two penny coin (in your estimation) then there is no need to wash. If it does spread more than that space only then you have to wash
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2017, 10:17 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2014, 06:30 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 10:33 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 03:18 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!