/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dog licked me

e92
03-20-2018, 09:09 AM
Asalamualaikum

So a dog licked my clothes today and I know there is a ruling about washing clothes with dirt and then water 7 times. Instead of the dirt can I not just use soap or something? In fact, would my clothes be pure if I just threw them into the washing machine? What constitutes as washing the clothes once? Sprinkling water over it 7 times? Machine washing for 1 hour would surely be better, no?

Jazakullah for any advice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
03-20-2018, 09:24 AM
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=228397

How to purify a house where a dog lived - Islam web - English
How to purify a house where a dog lived Assalaam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh If a non-muslim who has kept a dog for a long time inside his h.....

cinnamonrolls1
03-20-2018, 09:46 AM
Just stick your clothes in the washing machine, they clean more deeply.

e92
03-20-2018, 10:00 AM
Thank you for the answers. Looks like I can just throw my clothes into the washing machine once and that will be deemed good enough.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cinnamonrolls1
03-20-2018, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by e92
Thank you for the answers. Looks like I can just throw my clothes into the washing machine once and that will be deemed good enough.
I should think it would be okay. Just my opinion tho!

فصيح الياسين
03-20-2018, 04:01 PM
Wash it thrice. And squeez everytime instead of throwing it in machine. Cuz it will still be impure

Peacefully
03-20-2018, 04:30 PM
uh... its just a dog. washing machine if it bothers you that much.

AabiruSabeel
03-20-2018, 04:48 PM
:salam:

The saliva of carnivorous animals is impure. As mentioned in fatwa posted above, it must be washed 7 times. If you use washing machine, even then you'll have to run 7 wash cycles, each time getting new water, rinsing thoroughly, and spinning to completely drain impure water.

فصيح الياسين
03-20-2018, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Peacefully
uh... its just a dog. washing machine if it bothers you that much.
We all knw its dog but what allah and his messenger says. We should do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!