/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confused about being madhur/excused

cinnamonrolls1
03-27-2018, 05:18 PM
Salams all,
Sorry in advance for this!
So i have chronic constipation, i was born premature and have always had a sluggish system. I am currently taking medication, this gives me gassiness/ flatulence. Now, it seems to happen a lot when i pray. My family are telling me i qualify as madhur/ or excused due to the fact that i have a condition. Iv had it all my life but it seems to be flaring up the last 2 months. The thing is, im aware to be madhur, you have to have a whole prayer time pass in which you cant stop the thing from happening( eg passing wind). And after that it has to happen once in each prayer time. It doesnt happen every minute for me though. Like, yesterday, i was at study support, so i missed a good chunk of duhr prayer time. (duhr was at 1:25, got home round about 2:40ish got changed, made wudu etc. Went to pray. Broke wudu like 3 times. Went again. Ended up missing prayer time for duhr. Finally managed to pray duhr super quickly after asr :(. I dont fill all the time tho so im confused? Went to pray asr, broke wudu. Left it a bit later, went to pray asr again, broke it during that time i think. Reprayed it, felt wind start to come out, blocked it. By the time i was finished there was like 6-7 mins until maghrib. So i left asr at that. Prayed maghrib about a quarter of an hr or maybe half before isha. Broke wudu during it. Tired out from constantly praying, so i left it. Went to pray isha about maybe 2 hrs ish after it had started. Broke wind during it im pretty sure. Prayed a missed qada isha i had to make up. Also made up the maghrib i had previously prayed( i felt guilty). Went to bed, missed fajr :( woke up, prayed my missed fajr( this morning) i assumed i was still madhoor( if i even was in the first place :/ ) because im pretty sure i would of, um, passed gas during the time i was asleep( fajr time). Came home, at around 2:40 ish reprayed the fajr from this morning( felt guilty ) and passed wind during it. pretty sure i did anyway Since it was technically during the time for duhr i assumed it still left me madhur. Prayed duhr a bit before asr time rolled in. Broke wudu during it im pretty sure. Im in the time frame for asr now. Gonna go pray asr now inshallah ( maghrib is at 7:45, asr started at 4:42) do i need to repray my duhr? Im very confused, and do i actually qualify as madhur? My family are getting super angry at me because im always making wudu and have told me that im excused. Im not literally passing wind every minute as well. Im not sure how to even measure/determine how someone is madhur or not quite frankly. The internet has left me confused, iv emailed an imam and still not got anything back. I was repeating my wudu sometimes x3 :(. I need time to study as well etc. If anyone could give advice id really appreciate it, its kinda urgent. My family are telling me my intention is the most important thing but i still feel so guilty. If i keep repeating my salah/ wudu etc im gonna get into trouble( family getting annoyed at me for always making wudu etc, im giving myself anxiety etc)
Sorry for the giant ramble!
Thank you in advance brothers and sisters, may Allah help and reward you all!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
03-28-2018, 07:02 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Have you tried taking magnesium citrate? Also have you checked your thyroid and vitamin levels?

cinnamonrolls1
03-28-2018, 07:48 AM
Im pretty sure my thyroid is okay, i think iv had magnesium citrate before :) im taking cosmocol atm which seems to be working. I'l maybe try the magnesium citrate again. Thank you :)

eesa the kiwi
03-28-2018, 09:22 AM
Asalamu alaikum rahmatulah wa barakatu

Sister I think you are being overlly hard on yourself you have a medical condition. I don't really have much advice but the fact you are so concerned about your salah indicates iman so keep striving and struggling,

I know this trial isn't much fun and you're frustrated and struggling with this but you have to remember jannah is worth it. InshaAllah When you're relaxing in a palace inshaAllah next to your handsome jannah spouse with rivers flowing beneath you, youre going to be like Alhamdulilah I was steadfast with my salah

May Allah make things easy for you in both the worlds

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misbah-Abd
03-28-2018, 09:52 AM
Sister, we have given you all the advice, shown you what the scholars have said about your condition, so why are so persistent that you have not been given the correct information? I told you before to be kind to yourself. This is no longer an issue about your medical condition but how you can't overcome the waswas that is causing anxiety and potentially mental health issues. May Allah Azza wa Jal rectify your state of affairs. Ameen.

cinnamonrolls1
03-28-2018, 03:36 PM
Ameen. I know im being annoying and such( sorry again honestly, and thank you all SO much for all the support, really im very lucky to call yall my brothers and sisters in islam) i have anxiety generally. Its just i seem to have fixated on this particular area. I read a hadith( i think) some time ago, and it said that a persons salat wouldnt be accepted without wudu, and it just really hit me. The internet also confused me as did the whole rules to qualify as excused. Im just really terrified that my salats wont be accepted, i feel so guilty as well like just praying once and i know that prayer is the first thing we'll get asked abt.
Im gonna try and take it easy inshallah, and try and stop stressing! Im just gonna focus on my niyyah inshallah. Thank you all again sooo much, and sorry once again for being a nuisance!

cinnamonrolls1
03-28-2018, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
Asalamu alaikum rahmatulah wa barakatu

Sister I think you are being overlly hard on yourself you have a medical condition. I don't really have much advice but the fact you are so concerned about your salah indicates iman so keep striving and struggling,

I know this trial isn't much fun and you're frustrated and struggling with this but you have to remember jannah is worth it. InshaAllah When you're relaxing in a palace inshaAllah next to your handsome jannah spouse with rivers flowing beneath you, youre going to be like Alhamdulilah I was steadfast with my salah

May Allah make things easy for you in both the worlds
Thank you, honestly this was very reassuring, may allah bless and reward all the lovely people on this forum. Im gonna try and not get so frustrated inshallah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.