/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to do with stolen food?

anonymous
03-28-2018, 10:04 AM
Salaam

I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend. She has a brother who works in a restaurant and sometimes takes home food that he didn't pay for, which in other words, is stolen. The manager trusts him and thinks he pays for it but instead he dosen't.

His sister is aware of this (which is my friend). She eats it because she feels bad to throw it away but at the same time she thinks it's haram food (how it was stolen), although the contents are halal.

Is it permissible she eats it because it dosen't go to waste? Is it haram for her to eat it? What should she do with the food?

She prefers the answer is from someone knowledgeable like a sheikh so she can know the ruling

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah-Abd
03-28-2018, 11:53 AM
https://islamqa.info/en/150599

Or give it to a homeless shelter.

And Allah Knows Best.

azc
03-28-2018, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam

I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend. She has a brother who works in a restaurant and sometimes takes home food that he didn't pay for, which in other words, is stolen. The manager trusts him and thinks he pays for it but instead he dosen't.

His sister is aware of this (which is my friend). She eats it because she feels bad to throw it away but at the same time she thinks it's haram food (how it was stolen), although the contents are halal.

Is it permissible she eats it because it dosen't go to waste? Is it haram for her to eat it? What should she do with the food?

She prefers the answer is from someone knowledgeable like a sheikh so she can know the ruling
If she refuses to eat then I don't think his brother will bring her this kind of food.

anonymous
03-28-2018, 01:54 PM
Jazak Allahu Khair for your answers. There's more to the story which would help give a clearer picture. My friend's brother has been working in the restaurant for several years and was extremely hardworking. He worked so hard at the restaurant and spent long hours doing a great job. A couple of months ago, the owner of the restaurant didn't give this man (friend's brother) the pay that he deserved. He was unjust and didn't give him his money for his work over these years.

Since this happened, the man was angry that he was oppressed and treated unjustly by not being given his rights. He then decided to take revenge by taking food from the restaurant often and bringing it home without paying for it. He told his parents that if he was given his rights, i.e, money he deserved, he wouldn't be taking this food.

So when this man brings the food home, it is hot and in large amounts. My friend feels guilty if she dosen't eat it because she has no option but to give it to the cats which she finds a waste. She knows it's stolen but feels bad by not eating it because it's food at the end of the day and she dosen't want to give perfectly good food to cats. Giving to poor people is not an option. In these circumstances, can she eat it?

She he has tried not to eat the food from her brother and told him not that steal it, but he gets angry when she refuses to eat it and says that his hard work was lost and wont change his views.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cinnamonrolls1
03-28-2018, 03:30 PM
Try giving it to soup kitchens, homeless shelters etc. Dont waste it

Misbah-Abd
03-28-2018, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Jazak Allahu Khair for your answers. There's more to the story which would help give a clearer picture. My friend's brother has been working in the restaurant for several years and was extremely hardworking. He worked so hard at the restaurant and spent long hours doing a great job. A couple of months ago, the owner of the restaurant didn't give this man (friend's brother) the pay that he deserved. He was unjust and didn't give him his money for his work over these years.

Since this happened, the man was angry that he was oppressed and treated unjustly by not being given his rights. He then decided to take revenge by taking food from the restaurant often and bringing it home without paying for it. He told his parents that if he was given his rights, i.e, money he deserved, he wouldn't be taking this food.

So when this man brings the food home, it is hot and in large amounts. My friend feels guilty if she dosen't eat it because she has no option but to give it to the cats which she finds a waste. She knows it's stolen but feels bad by not eating it because it's food at the end of the day and she dosen't want to give perfectly good food to cats. Giving to poor people is not an option. In these circumstances, can she eat it?

She he has tried not to eat the food from her brother and told him not that steal it, but he gets angry when she refuses to eat it and says that his hard work was lost and wont change his views.
You have heard the saying, "two wrongs don't make a right"? And because man has an inclination to follow his whims and desires, then anybody could justify stealing if they felt the slightest offence.

MazharShafiq
03-28-2018, 03:36 PM
Ws.Slaam
The food stored in the hotel is lost anyway, if the brothers take permission from the hotel owner to take the home and allow the owner to give them permission, then the food is permissible, otherwise they should not be brought back home,

- - - Updated - - -

Ws.Slaam
The food stored in the hotel is lost anyway, if the brothers take permission from the hotel owner to take the home and allow the owner to give them permission, then the food is permissible, otherwise they should not be brought back home,

hisnameiszzz
04-07-2018, 02:02 PM
Tell your friend to tell her brother to get another job. No point in working for someone who treats you like trash.

That food is stolen whichever way you look at it.

If he feels that badly done by then he should take it further with his bosses boss.

That's just my opinion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.