/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wut to do when displeased with wife?

Stoic
03-28-2018, 06:20 PM
salaam. I get little agitated and wanna bring up a past major sin she commited when I'm feeling like this even though we agreed to never bring it up since we're married. Anyways shes pregnant rn and she always put music on her phone. While cleaning house for example and when confronted she says it's just for background noise and She's not. exactly listening to it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cinnamonrolls1
03-28-2018, 06:43 PM
Speak to her abt it- dont bring up the past sin though- just both be respectful and try and compromise and get her to understand where ur coming from

Silas
03-28-2018, 06:49 PM
Was this sin committed many years ago? Before you were married? Does it have any bearing on your current relationship?

Isn't God the Most Forgiving?

Both my wife and I committed pretty grave sins when we were young. We were foolish, and I was a libertine and profligate. We do not hold these things against each other, and because I went through trials when I was young, I have a better understanding of the temptations people go through, and how hard it can be to live an honorable and virtuous life.

Misbah-Abd
03-28-2018, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic
salaam. I get little agitated and wanna bring up a past major sin she commited when I'm feeling like this even though we agreed to never bring it up since we're married. Anyways shes pregnant rn and she always put music on her phone. While cleaning house for example and when confronted she says it's just for background noise and She's not. exactly listening to it.
Are you squeaky clean and don't have shortcomings or commit sins that your angel on the left has put down his pen? Perhaps help her out cleaning the house since she is pregnant..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cinnamonrolls1
03-28-2018, 08:17 PM
Dont be rude to her, or bring up her past- its unfair and will upset her probably. Just try and understand her, like brother misbah said, it would be hypocritical to want her to be 100% squeaky clean if ur not. Inshallah you'll both get over this small hiccup

cinnamonrolls1
03-28-2018, 08:17 PM
Is this just abt music?

Stoic
03-28-2018, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Is this just abt music?
I guess. Just don't like the fact baby hear it in her belly

Misbah-Abd
03-28-2018, 08:45 PM
I guess. Just don't like the fact baby hear it in her belly

:facepalm:

cinnamonrolls1
03-28-2018, 08:53 PM
Dude... I dont think anythings gonna happen to ur baby inshallah. As long as theres no swearing etc,

Misbah-Abd
03-28-2018, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Dude... I dont think anythings gonna happen to ur baby inshallah. As long as theres no swearing etc,
Dude? lol. He's a brother.

cinnamonrolls1
03-28-2018, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd
Dude? lol. He's a brother.
I use it as a general term lol. Much to the disappointmenr of my family who find it annoying now

keiv
03-29-2018, 12:48 AM
So she's trying to help around the house and the first thing you can think of is to try and bring up her past issues because she's listening to music? I'd say the first thing to do is learn some patience and communication skills.

Tayiba
03-29-2018, 05:46 AM
:sl:
There is a very healthy alternative to music, such as vocal only nasheeds for example. While I do not enjoy listening to anything loud or noisy, you can still find plenty of upbeat, loud nasheeds for a background noise. A little suggestion here is why not create a playlist of nasheed you can choose for your wife, and in a gentle and caring approach share it with her. Another good way of teaching is through leading by example; you quietly do the cleaning with a peppy nasheed playing in the background, sing along to it so a new atmosphere is introduced in chores. I hope this helps :ia:

MazharShafiq
03-29-2018, 04:02 PM
w slam

I think For background noise, recite the quran: because the pregnant woman affects every things in the pregnancy.

Supernova
03-29-2018, 05:55 PM
Asalaamualaykum:

She is pregnant, just let it go for now. You going to stress her and hence stress that baby.

After she gives birth, and things pan out - then have a word for her.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.