/* */

PDA

View Full Version : shirk art project

aishaxm
03-29-2018, 03:44 PM
if someone did shirk in their art project and painted things that are bad and they got a qualification for example an alevel does this mean the qualification is shirk? does this mean the qualification is the sin now?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cinnamonrolls1
03-29-2018, 04:03 PM
What type of shirk is it?

cinnamonrolls1
03-29-2018, 04:04 PM
I imagine the qualification wouldnt be halal as its got shirk in it

cinnamonrolls1
03-29-2018, 04:04 PM
Also, whats in the painting?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aishaxm
03-29-2018, 04:09 PM
Last year I had an art project on the mexican day of the dead festival and I painted two girls and wrote about how
they
represented life and the other one represented death. One of them was with
glowing eyes and i wrote in my art book that it shows birth and that she has
life in her or something like that.

The other one had two hands reaching out to her and i painted this because in
the mexican day of the dead festival they call out to spirits which is shirk.
I didn’t even know at the time and of course I do not believe in what I
wrote
i also wrote that she could be depicted as a soul keeper but i didn't know
about shirk at the time and i think about what i did until recently i
realised how bad this is.

i even wrote stuff like these girls are like guardians of heaven and earth
like a metaphor or that they're like angels but i didn't believe in any of this. i also wrote how one of
the girls in the canvas her soul is either going back to her

i got rid of them after a year though so i realised what i did is bad too late

cinnamonrolls1
03-29-2018, 04:13 PM
Well if you didnt know, then i dont think its terrible. If u arent aware ur sinning/dont know its fine as long as u dont repeat the same mistake. Just do istaghfar, and dont do it again sis.

aishaxm
03-29-2018, 04:27 PM
even though i didn't know what i did was bad at the time, i still did something so disgusting. i feel like if i do a job application and i have to write the grade down it's shirk, or since i'm at university because of my alevel grades, this is haram... you know what i mean? i don't know how to get rid of a qualification and if i repent to Allah i feel like the fact that the qualification is there, the sin is always there

cinnamonrolls1
03-29-2018, 05:15 PM
Sister, you didnt know. Stop beating yourself up over it!! I dont think the shirky stuff was the only reason u got ur qualification! You probably showed talent in other areas as well for u to have that alevel. God understands, and i dont think He'd want u to waste a good qualification.

Supernova
03-29-2018, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aishaxm
if someone did shirk in their art project and painted things that are bad and they got a qualification for example an alevel does this mean the qualification is shirk? does this mean the qualification is the sin now?
Asalaamualaykum:

No, It does not mean the "qualification" is shirkh. Logically a qualification or certificate cannot commit shirkh.

What you probably wanting to ask - is, "Is the qualification regarded as ethical and can someone pursue to use that to find a job"

The answer is yes - they can.

If you look at the UK school curriculum, you will notice from Aprox year 7 on-wards in Science, The sub topics contain many Anti Islamic principles. Would every UK muslim child now abrogate their qualification of GCSE ? Then A Levels Etc.

Even if one were to obtain a BSc degree in Science, or even philosophy or psychology...I can assure you that all these have some Anti Islamic Principles in them.

If the Ruling was that strict that one has to abrogate their certification based on content - Then effectively we wont even have one Qualified Muslim teacher in both Private and State Schools...

Think about it.

aishaxm
03-29-2018, 05:59 PM
yes that makes sense,
i didn't think of it like that
:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.