/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wife gets mad at me when I drive with her. Don't know why to do...

Stoic
03-29-2018, 10:17 PM
She has more experience driving and I'm only half the time of knowing how to drive compared to her. The car we have is hers so she drives it most often while I'm in the shotgun. I hate when she wants me to drive because she gets mad and annoyed of how I drive but I just suck at driving :( She just get mad and yell at me like "oh my god what are you doing" "do you pay attention to how I drive?" "watch out" "don't turn like that!" "Easy on the brake!!" etc. etc.

Idk wut to do :( I can't help it. I'm a terrible driver but I can get from point a to b at least.

This in turn makes me mad and point out her flaws in things that are more important like praying on time.

:heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah-Abd
03-29-2018, 10:20 PM
So she's a backseat driver. My wife does the same and I have many more years experience driving than her. Not only that but her insurance is higher because of accidents she has had in the past. But she is going to tell me how to drive while I'm driving..:mmokay:

Stoic
03-29-2018, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd
So she's a backseat driver. My wife does the same and I have many more years experience driving than her. Not only that but her insurance is higher because of accidents she has had in the past. But she is going to tell me how to drive while I'm driving..:mmokay:
Huh? Wut u mean backseat driver. She's in the shotgun next to me when she gets annoyed which is why she drives me most all the time

Misbah-Abd
03-29-2018, 10:26 PM
It's an expression used in the U.S. mostly. If refers to a non-driver trying to tell you how to drive, i.e. "look out" , "go here", "watch out for that car", "get over to the next lane", etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
03-30-2018, 12:47 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic
Idk wut to do :( I can't help it. I'm a terrible driver but I can get from point a to b at least.
Get better at driving. Everyone has to share the same roads, and if you're an unsafe driver you need to do something about it.

Find out what it is you're doing that upsets her so much. Find an empty car park and some quiet roads and get her to give you a driving lesson. Alternatively, get some extra driving lessons from an instructor and see if you can improve your skills by doing a Pass Plus course (that's what we call it the UK).

Peace

cinnamonrolls1
03-30-2018, 09:26 PM
Your wife's pregnant atm right? Honestly, it may well just be hormones. I mean i hate the whole hormonal crazy stereotypes about women too but during pregnancy( and before etc) hormones do kick in. Or maybe she just doesnt have a lot of patience with driving related matters. My mum gets a bit heated when driving too lol.

cinnamonrolls1
03-30-2018, 09:27 PM
Lool. Thats how us women work sometimes sadly

Misbah-Abd
03-30-2018, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Lool. Thats how us women work sometimes sadly

She also tried to tell me how to do things when I was renovating the house we live in. Though I have been in the construction industry for over 25 years. LOL

Zafran
03-31-2018, 12:50 AM
salaam

You just need to drive more - even on your own, it will build experience. However I dont think that will stop your wife from telling you how to drive I think some peoples personality is Just like that.

*charisma*
03-31-2018, 05:57 AM
Assalamu ALaikum

Some people are just bad drivers, and some people are just bad passengers.

Whenever anyone gets into my car, I basically say: Death may flash before your eyes several times, but that's part of the experience of riding with me. Don't annoy me about it or you're walking home. That basically sets the tone for how the ride is going to be ;D

I can't say that to everyone though, but for those who are extremely sensitive to drivers like myself, I just let them drive or I just drive extra carefully when they're in the car.

zAk
03-31-2018, 09:24 AM
Try this when she's in the kitchen.
A woman is cooking eggs in the kitchen when her husband comes running in...

Immediately, he sees the eggs and gasps in horror. "Be careful! CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! Oh, my GOSH!"

The wife, startled at her husband's violent reaction, dashes to the fridge to get some butter.

You're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW!"

The wife, concerned by the status of her husband's mental state, forgets about the butter and goes running to the eggs.

"WE NEED BUTTER! Are you CRAZY??? Where are we going to get the butter? They're going to stick! HURRY!"

The wife runs to the fridge.

"CAREFUL about the eggs! CAREFUL. You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them quickly! Oh not that quickly, don't you know how to cook? Are you insane? Turn the DAMN EGGS"

At this point, the wife starts crying, since she has no idea what to do.

She gasps "What is WRONG with you? I know how to cook eggs."

The husband simply smiles and remarks "I just wanted to show you what it feels like while I'm driving with you in the car" and leaves.

cinnamonrolls1
03-31-2018, 01:50 PM
She also tried to tell me how to do things when I was renovating the house we live in. Though I have been in the construction industry for over 25 years. LOL
Lool

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.