/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Minor Shirk

ameerkam
04-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Salaam.
I have heard that it is minor shirk to say "the doctor cured me" as you do not say that it was from Allah's doing. But if "Actions are judged by intentions," then isn't the intention that you don't mean that the Doctor was the sole person who cured you but it was Allah through the Doctor?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zzz_
04-01-2018, 07:03 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

I don't think it's a minor shirk saying that, just as it wouldn't be saying so and so medicine cured me. So long as we believe that ultimately shifa comes from Allah, as do all things, and this doctor or medicine is just one of the ways through which Allah cured you then it's fine.

ameerkam
04-01-2018, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

I don't think it's a minor shirk saying that, just as it wouldn't be saying so and so medicine cured me. So long as we believe that ultimately shifa comes from Allah, as do all things, and this doctor or medicine is just one of the ways through which Allah cured you then it's fine.
I heard it from a Yasir Qadi lecture and since he's quite highly thought of I'd say there's validity to what he's saying.

azc
04-01-2018, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Salaam.
I have heard that it is minor shirk to say "the doctor cured me" as you do not say that it was from Allah's doing. But if "Actions are judged by intentions," then isn't the intention that you don't mean that the Doctor was the sole person who cured you but it was Allah through the Doctor?
we must not say ''Doctor or medicine cured me'' even intention is that Allah swt cured me

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zzz_
04-01-2018, 08:28 PM
I heard it from a Yasir Qadi lecture and since he's quite highly thought of I'd say there's validity to what he's saying.
He is not all that reliable. He is among the deviant modern speakers of today. If you look him up, he has switched sides. Previously he used to call the shias enemies of Islam and now he calls them brothers. Plus he himself questions his own aqeedah and eman.

Supernova
04-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Salaam.
Asalaamualaykum

It will only constitute to Shirk if the person believes that the Dr cured him solely on his own OR The medication in itself does not have a higher power behind it.

If one where to say that that example constitutes to Shirk, then it will lead to multitudes of everyday examples catapulting us all into Shirk. If one understands the position of Allah SWT here AND it is linguistically unambiguous in that Area or country etc - then there is nothing wrong with it.

The safest thing to do is either to insert Alhumdullila pre or post statement.

People take these issues too far. If one were to in absoluteness subtract the word "cure" from the professional functionality of a Doctor - then what is the point of going to the Doctor at all ???

Obviously Intent and Linguistics will be taken into account as to whether it is Shirk or not.

99sobi
04-02-2018, 02:42 PM
It is not shirk if you did not intend to mean that the medicine / doctor was solely responsible for your cure and that there is no other possibility of any other being contributing to that; Allah knows your intentions and does not punish you for anything you did not mean.

After any sort of cure or whenever something goes our way, we should always remember Allah and say alhamdulilah.

There's no issue with thanking those who may have helped you but ultimately "God suffices as a protector, God suffices as a helper" (4:45).

May Allah forgive us for our mistakes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.