/* */

PDA

View Full Version : nightmare and tell

rafhelp
04-01-2018, 10:39 PM
i read somewhere that when you have a nightmare you should not according to islam/hadith tell anyone what it was.

But does this mean you should not tell anyone you actually had 'a' nightmare. AS it just dont mention it full stop?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
04-01-2018, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rafhelp
i read somewhere that when you have a nightmare you should not according to islam/hadith tell anyone what it was.

But does this mean you should not tell anyone you actually had 'a' nightmare. AS it just dont mention it full stop?
Asalaamualaykum

You should not tell the details or description of the nightmare.

Think about it - If a man has a nightmare and wakes up screaming next to his wife in the middle of the night and she wakes up and asks "What happened ???" - What is he going to tell her ??? "No Darling its just a Rat ran up my leg !!! But don't worry Darling...you go back to sleep !!!! "

Yup - shes gonna sleep well isn't she !!!

rafhelp
04-01-2018, 10:53 PM
but thats just obvious i meant to other people like friends

Supernova
04-01-2018, 10:58 PM
but thats just obvious i meant to other people like friends
I was just being sarcastic and yanking your chain

This is your answer :)

You generally shouldn't tell other people your nightmares.

However - if the nightmares become repetitive and you starting thinking there is more to it than just an occasional nightmare then by all means you can discuss it with your family and an Aalim.

The ruling you have mentioned is pertaining to just the odd nightmare and then you start telling every Tom, Dick, Harry and Sally about it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rafhelp
04-01-2018, 11:32 PM
that doesnt answer the question as thats what i just said.

Zzz_
04-01-2018, 11:44 PM
You can mention you had a nightmare but no need to go into details. Also, there's no point mentioning it to others as they will only ask what was it about.

Otherwise, If you have a nightmare.

Spit to your left (three times).1
Seek refuge in Allah from the Devil and from the evil of what you have seen (three times).2
Do not speak about it to anyone.3
Turn over on your other side.4

Reference:
1 Muslim 4/1 772.
2 Muslim 4/1 772, 3.
3 Muslim 4/1772.
4 Muslim 4/1773.

There came to him (the Holy Prophet) a desert Arab and said: I saw in a dream that I had been beheaded and I had been following it (the severed head). Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) reprimanded him saying: Do not inform about the vain sporting of devil with you during the night.

It was reported that Abu Qutaadah said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Good dreams come from Allaah and bad dreams come from the Shaytaan. If any one of you sees a bad dream which makes him afraid, let him spit drily to his left and seek refuge with Allaah from its evil, then it will not harm him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3118; Muslim, 2261).

azc
04-02-2018, 02:40 AM

ignore dreams.......

But if you are interested then narrate it to a knowledgeable scholar

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.