/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kufr and Wrong Information

ameerkam
04-02-2018, 11:51 AM
Salaam
A couple years ago a friend asked me why in Islam you can't masturbate. I couldn't really explain the reason so I said that it's because you aren't clean enough to do your prayer after. The same thing happened a few years before. Is it enough that I can just repent from this? Or do I have to confront them about it? Since this happened quite a long while ago it would seem strange to them why I'm saying it and they might have forgotten.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
99sobi
04-02-2018, 02:36 PM
"As for giving some people wrong information about Islam unknowingly, we hope that there will be no blame on you regarding that for you were then a new convert to Islam and you had no bad intention in what you did. Amongst the supplications of the believers stated in the Noble Quran is (what means): Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. It was also authentically reported from the Prophet, that Allaah The Almighty said: "I did (accept your supplication)." [Muslim]Anyway, it is obligatory upon you to correct such incorrect information which you have told those people. If you cannot do that directly, then there is no harm to do it indirectly and in whatever way that can achieve that aim."

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=198821

ameerkam
04-02-2018, 03:01 PM
Would I be a kafir if I did not tell them.

99sobi
04-02-2018, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
It would be best to let him know. If you cannot, then repent to Allah and ask Him to forgive you for your mistake.

You do not leave Islam over these kinds of (minor) issues.

May Allah forgive us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misbah-Abd
04-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Technically you were correct that a Muslim couldn't perform prayer after he did that because he would have to do ghusl.

azc
04-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Salaam
A couple years ago a friend asked me why in Islam you can't masturbate. I couldn't really explain the reason so I said that it's because you aren't clean enough to do your prayer after. The same thing happened a few years before. Is it enough that I can just repent from this? Or do I have to confront them about it? Since this happened quite a long while ago it would seem strange to them why I'm saying it and they might have forgotten.
:wa:

Don't worry. Your intention was good

cinnamonrolls1
04-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Dw.
Your intentions were good, it wasnt purposely done and u didnt wrong the person you were talking to. Like brother misbah said, it is correct in a way as you would have to do ghusl, and not just wudu.

ameerkam
04-12-2018, 10:44 PM
Is it obligatory for me to tell them? I'm just worried about telling them since it would be awkward so it isn't like I can't at all. Can I just repent to Allah?

ameerkam
04-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Is it obligatory for me to tell them? I'm just worried about telling them since it would be awkward so it isn't like I can't at all. Can I just repent to Allah?
Also I remembered that I did it because I was afraid of explaining to him that it was immoral and I couldn't explain why. I did tell them the truth, but at the time there were other people that I know that probably heard. Do I have to tell them too?

Abz2000
04-13-2018, 03:57 AM
Once of age, they too have a responsibility as residents of this earth to research the truth.

And if they accepted an explanation such as that without questioning the premise of lawful heterosexual intercourse, you either worked hard to give them a (somehow) palatable wrong answer and hence deceived or misled them for whatever reasons - you are responsible, OR you just gave the best answer in your mind despite it's innacuracy, whether innocently or lacking care - again your responsibility.
The level of gravity of the error is known only to Allah, and is more estimable by the person who made the statement and those affected than anyone reading the o.p.

It would be difficult to find a single human being on earth who hasn't made well meaning errors in conveying information since it is the heavily influenced war torn human mind which is receiving, processing, storing, and relaying information.

If it is important that you specifically find a person or persons to convey correct information that would otherwise be difficult for them to obtain, and lack of such information would affect them significantly without your clarification (if it's clarifiable), then it may be a responsibility hovering above your head.

If it's something that they have a responsibility to research for themselves, and it is generally considered as being unreasonable that you should be required to spoonfeed them information despite having not intended any wrongdoing in Allah's sight, it may be best to focus on your own struggles.

Advice to myself primarily - useful to be careful in handing out answers like cheap candy, sometimes some people take for granted undeserved liberties and ask questions demanding answers for which they care nothing - but rather the milkable value and the level of confusion they can cause.

Good outspoken master- Tribute to Ceasar?
Working for the pentagon's army?

Maybe ask them which way the south wind blows and wot happens next by way of complimentary rhetoric if you suspect they're being conniving a-holes.

Please read up on the commentary and background of the following verse:

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن قَبْلِكَ مِن رَّسُولٍ وَلَا نَبِيٍّ إِلَّا إِذَا تَمَنَّىٰ أَلْقَى الشَّيْطَانُ فِي أُمْنِيَّتِهِ فَيَنسَخُ اللَّهُ مَا يُلْقِي الشَّيْطَانُ ثُمَّ يُحْكِمُ اللَّهُ آيَاتِهِ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ

Chapter (22) sūrat Al-Haj (The Pilgrimage) , Verse 52

Sahih International:
And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet except that when he spoke [or recited], Satan threw into it [some misunderstanding]. But Allah abolishes that which Satan throws in; then Allah makes precise His verses. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.

Pickthall:
Never sent We a messenger or a prophet before thee but when He recited (the message) Satan proposed (opposition) in respect of that which he recited thereof. But Allah abolisheth that which Satan proposeth. Then Allah establisheth His revelations. Allah is Knower, Wise;

Yusuf Ali:
Never did We send a messenger or a prophet before thee, but, when he framed a desire, Satan threw some (vanity) into his desire: but Allah will cancel anything (vain) that Satan throws in, and Allah will confirm (and establish) His Signs: for Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom:

Shakir:
And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet, but when he desired, the Shaitan made a suggestion respecting his desire; but Allah annuls that which the Shaitan casts, then does Allah establish His communications, and Allah is Knowing, Wise,

Muhammad Sarwar:
Satan would try to tamper with the desires of every Prophet or Messenger whom We sent. Then God would remove Satan's temptations and strengthen His revelations. God is All-knowing and All-wise.

Mohsin Khan:
Never did We send a Messenger or a Prophet before you, but; when he did recite the revelation or narrated or spoke, Shaitan (Satan) threw (some falsehood) in it. But Allah abolishes that which Shaitan (Satan) throws in. Then Allah establishes His Revelations. And Allah is All-Knower, All-Wise:

Arberry:
We sent not ever any Messenger or Prophet before thee, but that Satan cast into his fancy, when he was fancying; but God annuls what Satan casts, then God confirms His signs -- surely God is All-knowing, All-wise --

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.