/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic articles on wikiHow

99sobi
04-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

wikiHow, a how-to website, has many articles on Islam.

Some require lots of editing, while others are already in good shape. There are also more articles that can be written.

I would appreciate help from the brothers and sisters here to contribute to the website so that we can spread knowledge about Islam, such as how to perform certain acts of worship.

The Prophet, :saws:, said:

"Whoever calls people to right guidance will have a reward like that of those who follow him, without it detracting from their reward in the slightest, and whoever calls people to misguidance will have a burden of sin like that of those who follow him, without it detracting from their burden in the slightest"

Some of the popular articles that are already published include:

Control your Anger in Islam
Deliver a Khutbah
Have an Islamic Funeral
Get an Islamic Divorce
(Alhamdulillah, these are articles that I have authored)
Accept Islam
Perform Hajj

I have been editing the Islam category for a year now, and I would appreciate support and contribution from the members of this forum, so that we can produce more Islam articles, and spread knowledge.

This can be done in many ways, such as: writing an article from scratch, as long as the article does not already exist; editing an article that is not yet published or developed; or answering unanswered questions.

If anybody is interested in this, please create an account, and contact me if you need any support.

May Allah reward all those who have contributed to the spreading of Islamic knowledge, and may Allah allow this knowledge to continue to be spread. Ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zzz_
04-05-2018, 04:58 PM
Wa'alaikum as'salaam wr wb

great idea and good job.

If jummah wasn't obligatory i wouldn't bother going to it, often times the khutbah are not relevant, show lack of preparation of the khateeb, and involves annoying distracting yelling most of the khutbah. Yelling your khutbah out won't make anyone listen to you more. it's a turn off.

AabiruSabeel
04-05-2018, 05:12 PM
:wasalam:

:ma:, it is a very good initiative. Are the pictures drawn by the authors or taken from somewhere? Because I see some unIslamic pictures here, like a man shaking hand of a woman and a boy and girl studying together.

99sobi
04-05-2018, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
:wasalam:

:ma:, it is a very good initiative. Are the pictures drawn by the authors or taken from somewhere? Because I see some unIslamic pictures here, like a man shaking hand of a woman and a boy and girl studying together.
The pictures are drawn by the website's media group, which includes a handful of artists; some pictures can be inaccurate, though, and I will bring this up with them in sha Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misbah-Abd
04-05-2018, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
Wa'alaikum as'salaam wr wb

great idea and good job.

If jummah wasn't obligatory i wouldn't bother going to it, often times the khutbah are not relevant, show lack of preparation of the khateeb, and involves annoying distracting yelling most of the khutbah. Yelling your khutbah out won't make anyone listen to you more. it's a turn off.
Not to mention the subjects are repetitive, lack priority that the Ummah is in need of, Khateeb's who speak in a language that is not their mother tongue, can't keep the attention of the people, and most time too long whereas the Sunnah is for the khutbah to be shorter and the prayer to be longer.

Zzz_
04-05-2018, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd
Not to mention the subjects are repetitive, lack priority that the Ummah is in need of, Khateeb's who speak in a language that is not their mother tongue, can't keep the attention of the people, and most time too long whereas the Sunnah is for the khutbah to be shorter and the prayer to be longer.
exactly! Khutbah should ideally be 15-20 mins long, not 40 minutes long with 5 minutes of prayer. and when they pay 10K to liars and deviants, such as suhaib webb, to come give a khutbah, it only makes me zone out all the more and makes wonder if my salah would even be valid behind such a person. And waste of such money also puts one off from donating to the masjid.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.