/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I converted to Islam, but my parents trying in all costs make me leave it

fizzy17
04-06-2018, 02:35 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I'm 21 years old male from Europe. I converted to Islam not very long ago. I researched Islam for good year, red a Quran, watched so many videos about Islam and understood it's the true path, after converting i felt so amazing, everything was just perfect, never felt better in my life. But it was not for long. I grew up in strongly believing christian family. And my mom is very racist about other religions, especially Islam. I was hiding it for long that i converted, but she saw my Quran and the worst started. At first it was very big arguments, constant swearings on me, constant replicas about me I was barley holding, for long secretly was going to psychologist to make myself feel better, but everything started getting worse. They started secretly swapping my food with pork to make me eat it, telling to all their friends how bad i'm and how everything is so wrong with me, even their random friends was coming and shouting on me, trying to prove something, in this environment i couldn't stay quiet anymore and really starting saying things back, it's wrong, but i can't handle it psychologically anymore. But the worst was when i heard my mom is going to some kind of extra-sense or something and trying to use magic or something on me to make me quit. Every day i'm just praying for Allah to protect me. I don't know what to do anymore, they not even listening to me. Maybe some of you could give me advice how to handle everything? imsad I'm planning to move out, but there is still whole year to go until i will be able, now trying to earn enough money to do it.

Thank you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
04-06-2018, 03:13 PM
Aleykum Salam. Sorry to hear about it. Read the story of Ibrahim a.s. in Quran, his strugle with his disblieving father who tries to revert him back to kufr. Allah is with the patient.

Misbah-Abd
04-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Salaams,

Firstly, al-Hamdulilah on your accepting Islam. I know quite well what you are going through. I too had the same problems with my family. I had my atheist father and I had born again Christian brothers. I also had friends I grew up with that were not Muslim. They were never accepting of it. It is not easy sometimes for reverts because they don't have a core support group to assist them. At least, I was living on my own so I could escape and avoid much of the hostility. If they cannot become accepting of your reversion then by all means try to move out as soon as possible and hold fast the to the rope of Allah as hard as you can. It will not be easy but know that your patience and perseverance will not go unrewarded, Insha Allah. May Allah Azza wa Jal make it easy for you. Ameen.

fizzy17
04-06-2018, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd
Salaams,

Firstly, al-Hamdulilah on your accepting Islam. I know quite well what you are going through. I too had the same problems with my family. I had my atheist father and I had born again Christian brothers. I also had friends I grew up with that were not Muslim. They were never accepting of it. It is not easy sometimes for reverts because they don't have a core support group to assist them. At least, I was living on my own so I could escape and avoid much of the hostility. If they cannot become accepting of your reversion then by all means try to move out as soon as possible and hold fast the to the rope of Allah as hard as you can. It will not be easy but know that your patience and perseverance will not go unrewarded, Insha Allah. May Allah Azza wa Jal make it easy for you. Ameen.
Thank you for your words :) I wish at least i could visit my local Mosque, but sadly the nearest one is 200km. away. Now doing my best that only faster i could move out from here, because in every moment is getting harder and harder to handle everything.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misbah-Abd
04-06-2018, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fizzy17
Thank you for your words :) I wish at least i could visit my local Mosque, but sadly the nearest one is 200km. away. Now doing my best that only faster i could move out from here, because in every moment is getting harder and harder to handle everything.
You have a good support forum right here. I wish I had these type of forums back in the early 90's. Try your best not to compromise your Deen to appease them. I been there and done that. Doesn't work. Limit your exposure as best you can if they continue with hostility. Exposing yourself to it can wear you down emotionally. Been there and done that.

Good brother
04-06-2018, 07:43 PM
This ayah comes to my mind:
3:186
لتُبْلَوُنَّ فِي أَمْوَالِكُمْ وَأَنفُسِكُمْ وَلَتَسْمَعُنَّ مِنَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ وَمِنَ الَّذِينَ أَشْرَكُوا أَذًى كَثِيرًا ۚ وَإِن تَصْبِرُوا وَتَتَّقُوا فَإِنَّ ذَٰلِكَ مِنْ عَزْمِ الْأُمُورِ
Sahih International
"You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves. And you will surely hear from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with Allah much abuse. But if you are patient and fear Allah - indeed, that is of the matters [worthy] of determination."
http://www.quran-wiki.com/ayat.php?sura=3&aya=186

God tells the believers that they will have to undergo tests and trials which will affect them and their possessions. They have to persevere and remain steadfast in order to prove themselves worthy of God’s trust and His great reward. It is the natural way of things when it comes to the establishment of any faith in real life that its advocates should stand a hard test. There is no escaping the fact that they will have to demonstrate their patience in adversity, their determined resistance and strong resolve as also their readiness to sacrifice whatever is required of their possessions and their persons. This is the only way to heaven which cannot be attained without sacrifice and hardship. Hell, on the other hand, is surrounded by easy pleasures and temptations.

IslamLife00
04-07-2018, 05:08 AM
wa 'alaykum salaam Brother

I will share you some dua and dhikr In sha Allah will help you during your hardship.

Ibn 'Abbas narrated: "The Messenger of Allah sent Mu'adh [bin Jabal] to Yemen, and said: 'Beware of the supplication of the oppressed; for indeed there is no barrier between it and Allah.'" Jami 'at Tirmidhi

Abu Sa'id and Abu Huraira reported that they heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying: Never a believer is stricken with discomfort, hardship or illness, grief or even with mental worry that his sins are not expiated for him. (Sahih Muslim)

It was narrated from Mus’ab bin Sa’d that his father, Sa’d bin Abu Waqqas, said:“I said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, which people are most severely tested?’ He said: ‘The Prophets, then the next best and the next best. A person is tested according to his religious commitment. If he is steadfast in his religious commitment, he will be tested more severely, and if he is frail in his religious commitment, his test will be according to his commitment. Trials will continue to afflict a person until they leave him walking on the earth with no sin on him.’” (Sunan Ibn Majah)

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to say at a time of distress, "La ilaha illal-lahu Rabbul-l-'arsh il-'azim, La ilaha illallahu Rabbu-s-samawati wa Rabbu-l-ard, Rabbu-l-'arsh-il-Karim. (Sahih al Bukhari)

Narrated 'Ubada bin As-Samit:The Prophet (ﷺ) "Whoever gets up at night and says: -- 'La ilaha il-lallah Wahdahu la Sharika lahu Lahu-lmulk, waLahu-l-hamd wahuwa 'ala kullishai'in Qadir. Al hamdu lil-lahi wa subhanal-lahi wa la-ilaha il-lal-lah wa-l-lahu akbar wa la hawla Wala Quwata il-la-bil-lah.' (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah. He is the Only One and has no partners . For Him is the Kingdom and all the praises are due for Him. He is Omnipotent. All the praises are for Allah. All the glories are for Allah. And none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, And Allah is Great And there is neither Might nor Power Except with Allah). And then says: -- Allahumma, Ighfir li (O Allah! Forgive me). Or invokes (Allah), he will be responded to and if he performs ablution (and prays), his prayer will be accepted." (Sahih al Bukhari)

It was narrated that ‘Ubadah bin As-Samit said:“The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: ‘Whoever wakes up in the morning and says upon waking: La ilaha illallah wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in Qadir; Subhan-Allah walhamdu lillahi, wa la ilaha illallahu, wa Allahu Akbar, wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billahil-‘Aliyil-‘Azim (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, with no partner or associate. His is the dominion and all praise is to Him, and He is Able to do all things. Glory is to Allah, praise is to Allah, none has the right to be worshiped but Allah, Allah is the Most Great, and there is no power and no strength except with Allah, the Most High, the Most Supreme), then he supplicates Rabbighfirli (O Lord, forgive me), he will be forgiven.’” Walid said: “Or he said: then if he supplicated, it will be answered for him then if he stood up and performed ablution and then performed prayer, his prayer would be accepted.”(Sunan Ibn Majah)

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that :the Messenger of Allah(ﷺ) said: "Whoever says one hundered times each day: La ilaha illahu wahdahu la sharikalahu, wa lahul-mulku wa lahul hamduwa huwa ala kulli shayin qadeer (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, with no partner or associate. His is the dominion, all praise is to Him, and He is able to do all things), it will be equivalent to him freeing ten slaves, and one hundered merits will be recorded for him, and one hundered bad deeds will be erased from (his record), and it will be a protection for him against Satan all day until night comes. No one can do anything better then him except one who says more.'" (Sunan Ibn Majah)

Abu Dharr narrated that:The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “Whoever says at the end of every Fajr prayer, while his feet are still folded, before speaking: ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, Alone without partner, to Him belongs all that exists, and to Him is the praise, He gives life and causes death, and He is powerful over all things, (Lā ilāha illallāh, waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-ḥamdu, yuḥyī wa yumītu, wa huwa `alā kulli shay’in qadīr)’ ten times, then ten good deeds shall be written for him, ten evil deeds shall be wiped away from him, ten degrees shall be raised up for him, and he shall be in security all that day from every disliked thing, and he shall be in protection from Shaitan, and no sin will meet him or destroy him that day, except for associating partners with Allah.” Jami 'at Tirmidhi

`Umarah bin Shabib As-Saba’i narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:“Whoever says: none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, Alone, without partner, to Him belongs all that exists, and to Him belongs the praise, He gives life and causes death, and He is powerful over all things, (Lā ilāha illallāh, waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-ḥamdu, yuḥyī wa yumītu, wa huwa `alā kulli shai’in qadīr)’ ten times at the end of Al-Maghrib - Allah shall send for him protectors to guard him from Shaitan until he reaches morning, and Allah writes for him ten good deeds, Mujibat, and He wipes from him ten of the destructive evil deeds, and it shall be for him the equal of freeing ten believing slaves.” Jami 'at Tirmidhi

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Whoever says, 'Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi,' one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea (Sahih al Bukhari)

It was narrated that Ibn Abi Awfa said:"A man came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and said: 'I cannot learn anything of the Quran; teach me something that I can say instead of reciting the Quran.' He said: 'Say: SubhanAllah, wal-hamdulilah, wa la illaha ill-Allah, wa Allahu Akbar, wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa Billahil-aliy al-azim (Glory be to Allah, praise be to Allah, there is none worthy of worship except Allah, Allah is Most Great, and there is no power and no strength except with Allah the Exalted and Magnificent ).'" (Sunan an Nasa'i)

Narrated 'Aisha: Whenever the Prophet (ﷺ) went to bed every night, he used to cup his hands together and blow over it after reciting Surat Al-Ikhlas, Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas, and then rub his hands over whatever parts of his body he was able to rub, starting with his head, face and front of his body. He used to do that three times. (Sahih al Bukhari)

Narrated Muhammad bin Sirin:Abu Huraira said, "Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) put me in charge of the Zakat of Ramadan (i.e. Zakat-ul-Fitr). Someone came to me and started scooping some of the foodstuff of (Zakat) with both hands. I caught him and told him that I would take him to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)." Then Abu Huraira told the whole narration and added "He (i.e. the thief) said, 'Whenever you go to your bed, recite the Verse of "Al-Kursi" (2.255) for then a guardian from Allah will be guarding you, and Satan will not approach you till dawn.' " On that the Prophet (ﷺ) said, "He told you the truth, though he is a liar, and he (the thief) himself was the Satan." (Sahih al Bukhari)

Narrated Abu Mas'ud:The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "If somebody recites the last two Verses of Surat al-Baqara at night, it will be sufficient for him. (Sahih al Bukhari)

Narrated Abu Dhar: Whenever the Prophet (ﷺ) lay on his bed, he used to say: "Allahumma bismika amutu wa ahya," (With Your Name, O Allah, I die and return to life) and when he woke up he would say: "Al-hamdu lil-lahilladhi ahyana ba'da ma an atana, wa ilaihi an-nushur. (All praise belongs to Allah Who has restored us back to life after causing us to die; and to Him shall we return)" (Sahih al Bukhari)

Narrated Al-Bara' bin `Azib:Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "O so-and-so, whenever you go to your bed (for sleeping) say, 'O Allah! I have surrendered myself over to you and have turned my face towards You, and leave all my affairs to You and depend on You and put my trust in You expecting Your reward and fearing Your punishment. There is neither fleeing from You nor refuge but with You. I believe in the Book (Qur'an) which You have revealed and in Your Prophet (Muhammad) whom You have sent.' If you then die on that night, then you will die as a Muslim, and if you wake alive in the morning then you will receive the reward." (Sahih al Bukhari)

Narrated Al-Musaiyab: When the death of Abu Talib approached, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came to him and said, "Say: La ilaha illallah, a word with which I will be able to defend you before Allah." (Sahih al Bukhari)

It was narrated from Mu'adh bin Jabal that the :Messenger of Allah(ﷺ) said: "There is no soul that died bearing witness to La ilaha illallah, and that I am the Messenger of Allah, from the heart with certainity, but Allah will forgive it." (Sunan Ibn Majah)

You can repeat as many times as you like during day and night :

hasbunallahu wani'malwakeel (3:173)

hasbiyallahu la ilaha illa huwa 'alayhi tawakkaltu wahuwa rabbu al 'arshi al 'azeem ( 9:129 )

la ilaha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntuminaz-zalimeen (21:87)

anni massaniya ad-durr wa anta arhamuarrahimeen (21:83)

anni massaniya ash-shaytan binusbin wa'azab (38:41)

rabbana atina fid-dunya hasanatan wa fil-akhirati hasanatan waqina 'azaban-nar (2:201)

rabbii inni lima anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqeer (28:24)

rabbi ishrah lee sadree Wayassir lee amree Wahlul 'uqdatan min lisanee Yafqahoo qawlee (20:25-28)

'ala Allah tawakkalna rabbana la taj 'alna fitnatan lil qawmi az-zalimeen Wanajjina birahmatika minaalqawmi alkafireen (10:85-86)

rabbi a'oothu bika min hamazati ash-shayateen Wa a'oothu bika rabbi an yahduroon (23:97-98)

Al Fatihah, Al Ikhlas, Al Falaq, An Nas, 2:255, 2:285, 2:286

Do your best to do ablution and offer salah whenever you can. If you are oppressed so much that you are unable to, Allah Most Knowing, remember He is always with the believers. May Allah keep you safe and keep your faith firm in Him.

azc
04-07-2018, 07:26 PM
:wa: brother,

Plz recite surah al falaq and surah al naas in morning and evening thrice for protection from magic.

Move out of your home at the earliest if possible but do keep in touch with your family.

May Allah swt keep you steadfast on deen. Ameen

greenhill
04-07-2018, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I particularly like the quote given by Good Brother. Hope that helps with your resolve. It's amazing to see how Allah gives'hidayah' to whom He Wills.

May Allah ease the journey for you.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

fizzy17
04-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Thank you to everyone for all support :) it was really helpful. Today everything reached the limits. Just moments ago had really big argument with my parents about Islam and almost started a fight, my father jumped on me prepared to fight, almost was able to hold him back imsad really hope this will end soon, i don't know how to handle myself. Everything started after they came back from the church...

Misbah-Abd
04-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Thank you to everyone for all support :) it was really helpful. Today everything reached the limits. Just moments ago had really big argument with my parents about Islam and almost started a fight, my father jumped on me prepared to fight, almost was able to hold him back imsad really hope this will end soon, i don't know how to handle myself. Everything started after they came back from the church...
They probably had people in their ear telling them how to handle it. When they disparage the religion just walk away. No need to come to blows. But you do have a right to defend yourself. This is your test. Be strong. Be in touch with us. May Allah Azza wa Jal provide a way out for you. Ameen.

azc
04-08-2018, 01:10 PM
No fighting , no argument plz.

Study Islam and Christianity in detail.

Politely, Give them dawah to Islam.

First to your mother.

fizzy17
04-08-2018, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
No fighting , no argument plz.

Study Islam and Christianity in detail.

Politely, Give them dawah to Islam.

First to your mother.

I'm trying to explain them everything and nicely, i study Islam and christianity and a lot, but they're simply not listening to me. For them i'm brainwashed and controlled and all my words just goes to nothing, no matter how much i try i have the same response. Always fight and argues.

azc
04-08-2018, 01:53 PM
I'm trying to explain them everything and nicely, i study Islam and christianity and a lot, but they're simply not listening to me. For them i'm brainwashed and controlled and all my words just goes to nothing, no matter how much i try i have the same response. Always fight and argues.
Keep patience....!

Guidance isn't in your hands but keep on doing your job.

no fight, no bad manners

fizzy17
04-08-2018, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Keep patience....!

Guidance isn't in your hands but keep on doing your job.

no fight, no bad manners

i'm really trying, but it's really hard to handle everything like that in this environment. Really do my best to keep everything calm. I hope Allah will guide them.

Misbah-Abd
04-08-2018, 03:38 PM
i'm really trying, but it's really hard to handle everything like that in this environment. Really do my best to keep everything calm. I hope Allah will guide them.
That is why if they don't want to be civil then keep a distance. Get out of the house. Work more. Go to the local masjid and hang out there. Come home only to sleep. Make migration to Allah and His messenger s.a.a.w. in spirit and Insha-Allah He will make it easy for you to migrate out of that fitnah of a house for you. If you need to personally talk to us brothers then PM us.

fizzy17
04-08-2018, 03:46 PM
That is why if they don't want to be civil then keep a distance. Get out of the house. Work more. Go to the local masjid and hang out there. Come home only to sleep. Make migration to Allah and His messenger s.a.a.w. in spirit and Insha-Allah He will make it easy for you to migrate out of that fitnah of a house for you. If you need to personally talk to us brothers then PM us.
I wish it could be Mosque here and generally other Muslims, i'm surrounded by churches and don't know a single Muslim in my city.

Misbah-Abd
04-08-2018, 04:14 PM
I wish it could be Mosque here and generally other Muslims, i'm surrounded by churches and don't know a single Muslim in my city.
How about any colleges or Universities in your town? Typically they will have a MSA, Muslim Students Association if they have enough Muslims enrolled. May I ask what country you live in?

fizzy17
04-08-2018, 04:36 PM
How about any colleges or Universities in your town? Typically they will have a MSA, Muslim Students Association if they have enough Muslims enrolled. May I ask what country you live in?
No, there is nothing, the nearest community is 200km. away. And i'm from Lithuania.

Misbah-Abd
04-08-2018, 05:29 PM
No, there is nothing, the nearest community is 200km. away. And i'm from Lithuania.
Then you have to have patience and persevere and hold fast to the rope of Allah as hard as you can. Do it for the sake of Allah and He won't disappoint you in the end.

azc
04-08-2018, 05:54 PM
May Allah swt guide them and keep you steadfast. Ameen

AllahIsAl-Malik
04-08-2018, 10:58 PM
it is people who worship the created rather than the creator
people who commit shirk

people who worship a man

who are the brainwashed.

IslamLife00
04-09-2018, 12:24 AM
Brother, keep repeating dua and dhikr that I posted, also any dua you make yourself. You can do so even without ablution and without salah. Repeat them when you get up, outside the house, on your way to work, during break time at work, on your way home, before you sleep, anytime anywhere regardless you are alone/not alone ---- just don't repeat them in toilet/bathroom.

Satan will make you think they are useless string of words, especially the situation you are in, but do not stop repeating them -- In sha Allah the help you need will come. I am also constantly under attack, although not from my non muslim family. Having muslim friends, having Islamic community nearby, may stop shayateen of humankind, but will not stop shayateen of the jinn. I have other suggestions but in your situation you may not be able to do them.

Truly, don't give up invoking, supplicating to Allah - if you do so, they will overcome you. Especially night time do not miss dua and dhikr before bed. If you cannot make dua and dhikr by tongue, repeat them in your heart. Allah is ever observing, witnessing, nothing escapes Him. If you start losing patience, say Audhu billahi minash shaytanir rajim

There is no better life than life as a muslim, there is no better death than death as a muslim, and there is no better transaction than the one you have entered with Allah in which you exchange life of this dunya for the akhira. It seems the only way out of this is for you to find another place to live. May Allah make it easy for you to find a place to live and practice Islam, and when you find it, may Allah make it easy for you to live there.

Saadullah
04-11-2018, 12:10 PM
Attachment 6393

Walaikumassalam, Brother Welcome to Islam.
I was raised as a Muslim, so I can say that Allah (swt) has bestowed His mercy and blessings upon you as He guided you from darkness into the light of Islam. The best of the people of this Ummah were converted Muslims who had to bear atrocities from their families. Read the life of Prophet (saw) and Sahabah before Hijrat to Madinah. They were tortured mentally and physically but never did they fight back because of their faith and love for the Prophet (saw) and Allah (swt).

Just hold onto Islam and know that every second you spend bearing pain for Allah (swt), He will reward you manyfold in hereafter. May Allah protect you and your family, and guide us all.

TURJUMAN
04-17-2018, 06:33 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I'm 21 years old male from Europe. I converted to Islam not very long ago. I researched Islam for good year, red a Quran, watched so many videos about Islam and understood it's the true path, after converting i felt so amazing, everything was just perfect, never felt better in my life. But it was not for long. I grew up in strongly believing christian family. And my mom is very racist about other religions, especially Islam. I was hiding it for long that i converted, but she saw my Quran and the worst started. At first it was very big arguments, constant swearings on me, constant replicas about me I was barley holding, for long secretly was going to psychologist to make myself feel better, but everything started getting worse. They started secretly swapping my food with pork to make me eat it, telling to all their friends how bad i'm and how everything is so wrong with me, even their random friends was coming and shouting on me, trying to prove something, in this environment i couldn't stay quiet anymore and really starting saying things back, it's wrong, but i can't handle it psychologically anymore. But the worst was when i heard my mom is going to some kind of extra-sense or something and trying to use magic or something on me to make me quit. Every day i'm just praying for Allah to protect me. I don't know what to do anymore, they not even listening to me. Maybe some of you could give me advice how to handle everything? imsad I'm planning to move out, but there is still whole year to go until i will be able, now trying to earn enough money to do it.

Thank you!
Assalam Alaikum,

First of all, congratulation for accepting Allah's guidance. Whoever Allah guides, non can lead astray. What you are experiencing is what the early Muslims went through with their relatives. What your parents don't seem to understand is that your yaqeen (certainty i.e Islam) cannot be shaken by their shakk (uncertainty i.e Christianity). As brothers have suggested, the best way is to call them to Islam in the best possible ways. But if they are stubborn & might tempt you in your Deen, then as a 21yrs old male, you are a grown man now & should think about making Hijra & seek knowledge far from the fitna. Allah knows best.

glitterprincess
04-19-2018, 02:02 AM
So an advise i have that might convince them is try to be tge best son ever like try to be the perfect son first of all allah told you to be the best so your following his orders and secondly they might notice that you became much better and much nicer and leave you be or even convert too that all can happen just by you being nice to them i wish i could help you more but my knowledge is Limited you should just try to be your best in my opinion hope this helps and stay patient and know i have so much respect for converts you left everything for the truth and i am sure allah wont just let you suffur for no reason

glitterprincess
04-21-2018, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glitterprincess
So an advise i have that might convince them is try to be tge best son ever like try to be the perfect son first of all allah told you to be the best so your following his orders and secondly they might notice that you became much better and much nicer and leave you be or even convert too that all can happen just by you being nice to them i wish i could help you more but my knowledge is Limited you should just try to be your best in my opinion hope this helps and stay patient and know i have so much respect for converts you left everything for the truth and i am sure allah wont just let you suffur for no reason
Btw wnted to clarify i am in no way a schooler i barely even know anything that's just my opinion and the way i would act if i was in that situation so don't quote me on anything

peacefulone
04-23-2018, 04:01 PM

May Allah give you strength brother. Amen
I am a convert too and my parents were very racist about islam to me at first too. They would try to harass me to eat pork as well. As soon as they found out I'm not supposed to eat, it was like they cooked every other day just to make me eat something bad. They would shun me from the family and talk behind my back in hushed tones like I was crazy.
Don't worry. Just ignore them as much as you can. Try going out of hte home in the morning and coming back only to sleep. Bring money with you for food outside if you have too.
I know you are saving for a an apartment but this is a sacrifice you can make for Allah. It might mean staying with them a little longer but who knows maybe Allah wants you to stick with them and He will guide them to Islam or at least calm down their provocations to you.
My parents are not muslims still but they are much calmer now alhamdulillah. They hardly ever do things to intentionally annoy me. And if they do then I just politely excuse myself from their presence and leave them alone. I just make sure I don't accept their invitations if I feel there is some ulterior motive or some shady business.
You can do this brother! Stay strong and humble. Don't talk back to them even when you know they are wrong. just let them come to truth in their own way and keep showing them your peaceful side.
It can be a big adjustment going from nonmuslim to muslim. As converts, we have bad habits ourselves to fix and change. It might be some habits of yours (im not blaming you) that are getting in the way here. Just focus on yourself and try to preserve your faith. If you can go to the mosque a lot in these early days then you will find muslim friends to confide and share joys with.
If there is no mosque then try to find a group online.
Allah bless you
Lgrant

Ghost1987
12-18-2022, 01:51 PM
I don't know if you will be reading this dear brother...

But treat your mother well
Even if our parents are non Muslim we treat them with high honors...

Be patient with your mother

Just be really kind to your family

Christianity is similar to Islam
All except the Trinity and the virgin birth of Jesus Christ from Mary without a father with god's word be and he was a pure prophet...

Don't make life hard for yourself

Choose the lesser of the two evils presented to you in life..

Choose the easier option that is halal...

Enjoy life take it easy you have a mother

Bless

Home sweet home.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.