/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is my Mother racist?

hxghlxght
04-07-2018, 02:46 PM
Salaam everyone
So I respect and love my mother dearly I am only asking this out of curiousity/concern. I am African Arab, my mother is lightskin and I am not. I always remember her telling me to use whitening creams when I was younger. For as long as I can remember my mother has always talked bad about Muslims from other countries, she regularly makes fun of them and looks down upon them. She has always favoured my white friends over any other of my Muslim friends and would talk bad about them and their families. Recently me and my best friend who is Muslim and Arab, (she is very respectful and honestly an inspiration mashallah) went out together. My mother asked the usual questions before I go out with someone (for safety) and as soon as I mentioned my friends name (a Muslim name) she seemed very offended and got angry at me. I didn’t shout or be rude to her because of course this is my mother. She started asking me things like where she lives, how we met, if she was intelligent and just seemed disgusted that me and her are friends. I asked her (very nicely) why she was asking me. She said she as a parent needs to know who I’m friends with which I completely understand. I then mentioned my other (white friend) and she seemed so happy that I was friends with her and didn’t ask any questions about her. Then I mentioned my Muslim friend again and she said she’s never allowing me to go out with any of my friends ever again. Why does she act like this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AllahIsAl-Malik
04-07-2018, 03:11 PM
God does not care what a person's skin color is.

Zzz_
04-07-2018, 04:05 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

yes, she is a racist. And she is suffering from inferiority complex, it happened to most of the people after decades/centuries of subjugation and colonialism by the Romans. And it continues to be the case today due to Anglo centered world.

Misbah-Abd
04-08-2018, 03:41 PM
What this Ummah has come to when parents would rather see their children hang out with the kuffar rather than their own fellow Muslims. :heated:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
04-08-2018, 06:04 PM
:wa:

Ask her the reason for this indecent behaviour

cinnamonrolls1
04-08-2018, 10:03 PM
Wait, you're arab, and your friend is arab right? Oh for gods sakes, your mum needs to get a grip no offence or anything. I dont have a lot of muslim friends due to not having a lot of muslims where i live, and my parents would literally love for me to have more muslim friends. Your mum is prejudiced im afraid. The effects of colonialism live on in our countries im afraid. (Ps to anyone with dark skin here, or whoever tbh, yall are gods creation and god doesnt make mistakes)

Misbah-Abd
04-08-2018, 10:24 PM
My wife is Indian and she tells me even Indians try to make themselves lighter. It's just ignorance. You gotta be happy in your own skin.

Zzz_
04-08-2018, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd
My wife is Indian and she tells me even Indians try to make themselves lighter. It's just ignorance. You gotta be happy in your own skin.
its the same in all the nations.

https://imgur.com/a/jMOjv

india - Album on Imgur
Post with 0 views. india...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.