/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can Muslims settle in kaafir countries for the sake of a better life?

azc
04-08-2018, 05:28 AM
Praise be to Allaah.

The basic principle is that it is not permissible for the Muslim to settle among the mushrikeen. This is indicated by evidence from the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and on the basis of common sense.......
https://islamqa.info/en/13363?_e_pi_...0%2C3816004117

Can Muslims settle in kaafir countries for the sake of a better life? - islamqa.info
I live in a western countryand I can practice my religion without much difficultypraise be to Allaah. I have seen on your site some ahaadeeth of the Prophet pea...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
04-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Greetings and peace be with you azc;

Praise be to Allaah.

The basic principle is that it is not permissible for the Muslim to settle among the mushrikeen.
I would probably agree with this because western countries tend to be more promiscuous. Whist it might not be a temptation for a devout Muslim with a strong faith to enter such a country, their children and grandchildren could well succumb if they are brought up with promiscuity all around them at an early age.

In the spirit of fighting temptation,

Eric

azc
04-08-2018, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you azc;

I would probably agree with this because western countries tend to be more promiscuous. Whist it might not be a temptation for a devout Muslim with a strong faith to enter such a country, their children and grandchildren could well succumb if they are brought up with promiscuity all around them at an early age.

In the spirit of fighting temptation,

Eric
This fatwa mainly focuses on polytheism.

However, promiscuity is a social evil for good Christians as well.

Misbah-Abd
04-08-2018, 12:39 PM
One of the problems with Muslims migrating to Darul Kufr is some of them have no sense of wala and bara and this can become a problem where they can lose their Islamic identity, weaken iman, and worse abandon the Deen. Some come here and work or open up haram businesses. They start to imitate the kuffar in customs, ideologies and behaviors. So it would of been better for them to struggle in this dunya in a Muslim country rather than migrate, prosper, and lose their Deen. One of the best advices can be seen here:

Shu'bah and Qatadah related from Yunus bin Jubair, who said that he and his companions visited Jundub and said to him, "Give us some advice." He replied, "I advise you to fear Allah. I advise you to adhere to the Quran , for it is light in the darkest of nights and it is guidance during the day. Apply it. And if a trial such as poverty comes to you, give precedence to your religion over wealth. If that trial worsens, continue to put your religion before your wealth and your soul, for indeed the only one who is destroyed is the one whose religion is destroyed. The one who is poor is the one who has lost his religion. Know that there is no poverty after Paradise and there is no richness after the Hellfire."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zzz_
04-08-2018, 04:33 PM
Currently, there is not much difference between Muslim and western nations. You see zina and drinking on both sides equally. The only difference is that at least in the Muslim lands, your kids or grand kids won't end up leaving the deen and/or start dating the kuffar and marrying them.

Misbah-Abd
04-08-2018, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
Currently, there is not much difference between Muslim and western nations. You see zina and drinking on both sides equally. The only difference is that at least in the Muslim lands, your kids or grand kids won't end up leaving the deen and/or start dating the kuffar and marrying them.
You also hear the Adthan going off in the Masjids for every prayer.

cinnamonrolls1
04-08-2018, 08:04 PM
i have lived in a muslim country before, and honestly i can say that here( not gonna specify where) we are able to practise more if that makes sense, and it seems "nicer". Muslim countries today are in crisis, theyre either very unsafe, economically not stable, or just full of sin. Or all 3

cinnamonrolls1
04-08-2018, 08:04 PM
I do wish i could hear the adhan here tho :(

azc
04-09-2018, 05:25 AM
^you mean loud speaker isn't used for calling adhaan...?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.