/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Family Problem?

MiracleSurvivor
04-09-2018, 10:22 PM
i am Lebanese girl, and when I was 13 my mom was very aggressive about the way I look. I got a proposal when I was 16, and I want to wait till my mid 20s. So can I reject the proposal?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
سيف الله
04-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Salaam

Yes, if you are going to to make a serious commitment like getting married your consent is essential. There's no point getting married if you are not ready or you feel pressured, can lead to a lot of misery and pain.

Having said that be careful about leaving it to late to get married, particularly for women the longer you leave it the less options you have (your fertility declines, etc). I would hazard a guess but early 20s would be a good age to marry.

Of course your parents advice is important (its not just about you, you and your future spouses family will be affected by this) but at the end of the day the decision is yours.

Good luck :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.