/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will Allah bless me with a melodious voice?

believer07
04-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Assalam-O-Alaikum

Will Allah bless me with beautiful and melodious voice if I ask him to do so? I know that the term impossible doesn't mean anything to Allah.
Music might be forbidden thing in Islam but I just want my voice to be so good that whenever I sing something (say Hamd), it should sound mesmerizing to others.
And surely I don't want to use it as my profession. Some people I've talked to say that its just what I want; well NO its not only my obsession, I LOVE it.
When I was a kid (4 or 5 years) I was really good at it say I was gifted.
As for now (18 years) I kind of suck at it and I'm a joke for people (specially my friends) and I'm hopeless but I'm ready to give whatever it takes for me to get amazing at it.
For the last few months I've been so disappointed in myself that nothing feels good to me and all because I can't sing and I can't imagine my life without it.
Moreover my confidence level is also about zero. But only if HIS(Allah) will matches mine, its all possible.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah-Abd
04-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Your voice has changed because of maturity in males that start to see changes in their voices after puberty. I don't think this should be given such a priority that it makes you depressed and can't imagine life without it. And you even said that you want to sing praises, but not for the sake of Allah but rather to mesmerize people, which suggests showing off. If that is the case then it be better not for you to reach such a level of talent due to it having a corrupt intention that may be minor shirk. And Allah Knows Best.

believer07
04-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Thanks for replying much appreciated. For the priority thing, I've tried to not to give it so much but something inside me keeps telling me to do it I don't know why but it gives me happiness to sing in good manner. And for the showing off part I've already said that I never will (In Sha Allah) use it as my profession, I just said that mesmerizing thing because that way I will know that I'm getting good at it and at least my friends will not think of me as a joke of a singer anymore and I don't care if it gets me fame or not; That is All For Me.

azc
04-10-2018, 07:28 PM
You can learn and practice under the guidance of any singing expert.

But; is it going to help you in hereafter..?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
believer07
04-10-2018, 07:43 PM
Thanks for showing positivity brother. Of Course it won't help me in the hereafter after all it can lead me astray (if misused) but surely it will allow me to live a happy life in this world. May Allah bless us ALL!

Tayiba
04-10-2018, 09:43 PM
:wa: yes, Allah will give you a melodious voice if you ask Him to do so, but you must also make human effort to achieve that too, and within a halal manner that does not displease Him; the Most Magnificent. Therefore I suggest you to start by reciting the Quran aloud and as best, beautiful as you can, also listen to different reciters as I'm sure you will find one suitable for your voice to resemble. By reciting the Quran you are also recieving twice amount of rewards, by pleasing Him and multiplying good deeds with each Word. Once you get to a point where you enjoy reciting :ia: your own voice will sound melodious to you as it does to Allah, and you will not mind what people think of your voice because you tried your best and enjoy the results ! You might even be reciting the Quran melodiously in your dreams too. How's that for rewards in this world and Afterlife !

Another thing you could do is sing the 99 beautiful Names of Allah as well. In addition to recitation of the Quran, also drink a hot tea or room temperature water to warm up your voice before. And Allah swt will answer your dua with blessings, :ia:

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when we try to impress or change what other people consider about us, because of their negative remarks that do not wish us well and truly, it is an endless struggle to meet their expectations and approval of you. Allah swt however when you change the way you are for His Sake and try to impress/please Him only, the result is endless joy and relief from worries about whatever people or friends say, since you care about what the King thinks of you rather than what His Creations say or do.

believer07
04-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Thank you so much sister, believe me or not but I feel like as if I was guided by Allah to post here in order to get the answer I was looking for and yes I'm feeling much motivated now Shukar Alhamdullilah :) A few hours ago I didn't even know about this site and yet I'm finding my self at ease here all thanks to Almighty and you guys. Surely HE knows and does the best for us. May Allah bless you all with the best.

Tayiba
04-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Ameen, and al hamdulilla, yes welcome to the forum my brother

beleiver
04-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Dont let any guilt and impure thoughts from the devil inhibit you, singing if there is love for Allah in youre heart is not a sin, all the good in the world is His blessing, and may your singing amplify His blessings to everyone. Inshalla

czgibson
04-10-2018, 09:59 PM
Greetings,

One thing is certainly true: if you practise enough, you will get good.

Since you enjoy singing, you are more likely to have the patience and determination that it takes to get good at practising and to succeed.

A few singing lessons will also definitely help.

I wish you the best of luck with it. :)

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.