/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My iman is weak and i dont know how to repent

glitterprincess
04-16-2018, 12:52 PM
Al salam alikom
Hi i am a moslim woman and i feel like i need help and someone to talk to and i hoped someone here could help me so i was a muslim by name was born a muslim but never was really interested in islam that much i just knew islam was good eventhough some stuff made me think here and there and that allah is fair and i never used to pray i just became so sad and depressed and at one point i started saying horrible things like why is god doing this to me and why is this happening but something changed in me and i grow closes to him all of a sudden before i grew closer i even almost comitted shirk asta'fr allah but i grew closer everthing was perfect i prayed for almost half an hour almost crying everytime i felt like i never felt before until i got weak agian luckly i am nit as miss guided as i used to still pray but i sin so much and i do so much horrible stuff i want to return to that amazing feeling that felling that i am close to him and i want to repent i feel like i deserve nothing but hell but i dont want it i try to repent but i keep falling into sin and my iman isnt doing much better i just want him to forgive me and i want to return to him and never return to that horrible state i am in but i dont know how I know i sin but believe me i dont want to stay this way not after he guided me i am not the same and i dont know know what to do

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
04-16-2018, 01:24 PM
I think these talks may help you
There are a lot that talk specifically about despair..etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/YasminMogahedOnline/videos

Misbah-Abd
04-16-2018, 02:51 PM
It's simple. Stop committing sins and do righteous actions. Learn the Deen. Make dua to Allah to guide you. Make tawbah from your past sins.

99sobi
04-16-2018, 03:07 PM
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say: “A person committed a sin and said: ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’ His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave.’ Then as much time passed as Allah willed, then he committed a sin and said, ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’ His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave.’ Then as much time passed as Allah willed, then he committed a sin and said, ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’ His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave,’ – three times…” [al-Bukhari, Muslim].

Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) included this hadeeth (narration) under the heading: “Acceptance of repentance from sins even if the sins and repentance happen repeatedly.”

Ibn Abi Dunya narrated with his isnaad that ‘Ali said: “The best of you is every tempted one who repents (i.e., every time he is tempted by this world, he repents).” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “For how long?” He said, “Until the Shaytaan is defeated.”

It was said to al-Hasan: Shouldn’t one of us feel too shy to ask his Lord to forgive his sin, then do it again, then ask for forgiveness, then do it again? He said: The Shaytaan wishes that you would have this attitude, so do not tire of asking for forgiveness. And it was narrated that he said: I do not think this is anything other than the attitude of the believers, i.e., every time a believer sins, he repents.

Do not feel that you cannot seek forgiveness after sinning again. This is from the whispers of Shaytaan; he wants you to feel hopeless, and that Allah will not forgive you. Remember what Allah :swt: says in the Qur'an, Say: "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, verily, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (53) "And turn in repentance (and in obedience with true faith) to your Lord and submit to Him before the torment comes upon you, (and) then you will not be helped.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glitterprincess
04-21-2018, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 99sobi
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say: “A person committed a sin and said: ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’ His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave.’ Then as much time passed as Allah willed, then he committed a sin and said, ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’ His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave.’ Then as much time passed as Allah willed, then he committed a sin and said, ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’ His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave,’ – three times…” [al-Bukhari, Muslim].

Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) included this hadeeth (narration) under the heading: “Acceptance of repentance from sins even if the sins and repentance happen repeatedly.”

Ibn Abi Dunya narrated with his isnaad that ‘Ali said: “The best of you is every tempted one who repents (i.e., every time he is tempted by this world, he repents).” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “For how long?” He said, “Until the Shaytaan is defeated.”

It was said to al-Hasan: Shouldn’t one of us feel too shy to ask his Lord to forgive his sin, then do it again, then ask for forgiveness, then do it again? He said: The Shaytaan wishes that you would have this attitude, so do not tire of asking for forgiveness. And it was narrated that he said: I do not think this is anything other than the attitude of the believers, i.e., every time a believer sins, he repents.

Do not feel that you cannot seek forgiveness after sinning again. This is from the whispers of Shaytaan; he wants you to feel hopeless, and that Allah will not forgive you. Remember what Allah :swt: says in the Qur'an, Say: "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, verily, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (53) "And turn in repentance (and in obedience with true faith) to your Lord and submit to Him before the torment comes upon you, (and) then you will not be helped.
Thanks i really needed that may allah have Mercy on you ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.