/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need help getting married.

sysy12
04-17-2018, 09:42 AM
I want help from anyone here who can provide it.

I'm in love with a woman, and we're both Muslims of the Hanafi school of Islam. The love is mutual, thank God, and we're best friends with one another. I'd love nothing more than to be married to her, and the sooner, the better.

The problem is this; we lack the financial means to get married. We're both virtually broke, and both our parents would be strongly opposed to our marriage out of us lacking independence (we're both financially dependent on our parents) and us being from different corners of society. And for obvious reasons, we can't have this be on either of our official records, so for the longest time, we had no idea where to proceed from there.

During this time, I have discovered that there's kind of marriage called a "misyar marriage", that basically fits everything we're looking for and can work out until we're formally married. Upon further research, I realized that the marriage in question is usually abused by rich businessmen to basically engage in what is legal prostitution, and I was disgusted by the fact that something so lenient and set up to help financially unable/couples not able to get married publicly can be used like this.

I would like to stress this in advance. Neither I nor my best friend are the kind of people who are interested in such a thing. I genuinely want to be in a functional relationship until I am capable of being married in formal terms. I am not doing this to abuse, neglect or simply (heaven forbid) do it to chase after other women. I'm in love with her and her alone, and that love is what had me pick up what courage I had and brought me here.

I would like a solution to our problem. And I was hoping (knowing that this is aimed specifically at Hanafi school Muslims) someone here would help assist us.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah-Abd
04-17-2018, 09:51 AM
https://islamqa.info/en/82390

Misyaar marriage: definition and rulings - islamqa.info
Misyaar marriage was mentioned on your website. What is this marriage Is it halaal or haraam....

sysy12
04-17-2018, 09:53 AM
Good day to you, good sir, peace be to you.

I know what the marriage itself is, I'm asking for actual assistance in arranging one.

Misbah-Abd
04-17-2018, 09:58 AM
Salaams. You have some Hanafi's on here. Just have to give them time to log on and help you out.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
04-17-2018, 11:46 AM
A young couple may be engaged to one another and have the consent of their respective guardians (wali) to marry. They wish to marry as soon as possible, because they genuinely fear committing Zina, but the man does not have the financial resources to support his wife. This type of marriage could meet their needs allowing them to marry whilst living with their parents until they are ready to move in together..........
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/8376

What is Nikah Misyar, and is this kind of Marriage Permitted according to Shari’a? - IslamQA
What is a Nikah Misyar? Is this kind of marriage permitted according to Shari’a? ANSWER In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful, The term “Nikah Misyar” (translated sometimes as “travellers’ marriage” or “marriage of convenience”) is not found in the Qur’an, Sunna or classical works of Islamic...

sysy12
04-17-2018, 12:00 PM
Good sir, I actually tried to contact daruliftaa directly, and they never responded. Not by email, not by calling them, nothing. For days now.
Again, I'm here because I tried everything.

cinnamonrolls1
04-17-2018, 03:44 PM
You can literally just do a nikkah/ katb el kitab. Ignore the walima/ reception, go for nikkah inshallah it shouldnt cost much, i mean you just need to sign some contracts and have some witnesses present. Im not a hanafi, but thats what id do if i was in your situation

azc
04-17-2018, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
You can literally just do a nikkah/ katb el kitab. Ignore the walima/ reception, go for nikkah inshallah it shouldnt cost much, i mean you just need to sign some contracts and have some witnesses present. Im not a hanafi, but thats what id do if i was in your situation
but he is not ready to take responsibility of his family.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.