/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Truth

Saeeda Shaikh
04-20-2018, 01:24 PM
what is meaning of "Truth" in islamic perspective ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
beleiver
05-05-2018, 05:49 PM
I am amazed there is no reply to this, but as a Truth seeker drawn to Islam that has been praying to Allha increase my knowlage and reading his words according to Islam then here is my take, please feel free to correct me?

I dont think its Islamic or possible to make similaries with Allaha?
But, if there is one exeption Truth must be the closest, as the more Truthfull one is to them selves and in their lives the closer they are on that path they pray to be on.
The universe was created in Truth
The Quran was sent in Truth
When i pray (night prayer) i pray to the Allaha, the light of the heavens and earth, the Truth, that i submit to..
Knowlage and understanding, justice and compassion are increased with Truth.
The best Jhiad is to speak Truth to the oppressors.

From the oath of Abu Bakr
"Sincere regard for truth is loyalty and disregard for truth is treachery."

I think in Islam, Truth has a deep meaning?

And Prophet Jesus (god bless him) said, "The Truth shall set you free"

M.I.A.
05-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Everything has truth..

Although i feel that the word does not mean what you think it means.

Similarly to how Christians believe in the word love.. and it does not mean what they think it means.

It is a cornerstone of faith.. it is a pillar of faith.

Its you that have to learn to recognise it..

And it varies from moment to moment, situation to situation.

But if you ask anyone to explain it..

Its not going to be easy.

Learn at your own pace and hope you find an suitable path.

..what do you think you have been putting forward all this time?

Don't think about it.

Abz2000
05-06-2018, 03:33 AM
Adding the word "justice" to the word "truth" should make it easier to work with.

Truth is what is. Lie is what isn't, deception is usually confusion and trickery on the mind.
Coupled with justice, truth excludes unlawful slander and gossip, purposefully acted out "real" news stories as an alternative to fictional tales probably falls into the category of deception.

Say for instance someone tells us that a multi-storey building is accurately vertical - what do we do to test the claim for truth?
We could get a measure which we solidly know to be true since the earth was created and it's laws were set - in this case a plumbline, and compare the building wall with it's distance from the tort thread, if it matches and there's no manipulative wind, we can usually safely assume that the claim that the building is vertically straight - is true (unless we wanna get philosophical and claim that no muliti-storey building can be completely straight under a microscope - then why call the dude "good" when only God is good?)

All positive progress is based on the unselective and unbiased evaluation of truthful and accurate data with the standard of justice always raised.

Those familiar with children, or computer software, or criminal adults should easily be able to observe the fact that feeding false data packaged as "truth" CORRUPTS the operating system, and causes it to freeze and pause and get drunk and act foolish and make detrimental choices through flawed reasoning, and reboot regularly. With some humans, it's every weekend because of the fact that no human brain that is into western popular culture and entertainment can cope with the amount of nonsense loaded into it's sandbox which it doesn't know how to label or where to file due to the lack of accurate data and speed of assault via audio-visual media (fictional books are usually easier to deal with than video since we can slow down and even pause for though without discomfort) and therefore learns to regularly discard critical information in a breezy and typically american fashion.

Bahz bin Hakim narrated from his father, from his grandfather that Prophet (s.a.w) said:
"Woe to the one who talks about something to make the people laugh, in which he lies. Woe to him! Woe to him!"
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا بَهْزُ بْنُ حَكِيمٍ، حَدَّثَنِي أَبِي، عَنْ جَدِّي، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ وَيْلٌ لِلَّذِي يُحَدِّثُ بِالْحَدِيثِ لِيُضْحِكَ بِهِ الْقَوْمَ فَيَكْذِبُ وَيْلٌ لَهُ وَيْلٌ لَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ وَفِي الْبَابِ عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ‏.‏ قَالَ هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ ‏.‏
Sunan Abi Dawud »General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab)
Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Jaydah al-Qushayri:
The Messenger of Allah (saws) said: Woe to him who tells things, speaking falsely, to make people laugh thereby. Woe to him! Woe to him!.
حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدُ بْنُ مُسَرْهَدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، عَنْ بَهْزِ بْنِ حَكِيمٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي أَبِي، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ وَيْلٌ لِلَّذِي يُحَدِّثُ فَيَكْذِبُ لِيُضْحِكَ بِهِ الْقَوْمَ وَيْلٌ لَهُ وَيْلٌ لَهُ ‏"‏‏.‏

https://sunnah.com/search/?q=Woe+to+...%2C+woe+to+him

Can you imagine a professional architect telling somebody that their house is unstable and bent when it is stable and upright, or straight when it is bent? Or a farming expert claiming that a tree is straight when it is truly bent and falling on the house, or that it must be cut down due to risk of falling when it is stable?
How would the world continue?

Maybe practical to test the consequences of the claim: "There is no doubt now that saddam hussein possesses wmd and that he's plotting with bin laden to kill yous all after making those buildings collapse into their footprint, please send your sons to die in the name of a flag which has no spirit of life".
What is the logical outcome for the planet when corrupt and false criminals take the thrones and begin legislating whilst the confused airhead masses cheer and clap?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
05-06-2018, 05:02 PM
Its a strange world, imo the building may be claimed to be straight.. but it's the people inside it that have responsibility to not make it crooked. (Which you already knew, I'm sure)

We have no idea of what truth or justice is or who can enforce it for the good of the people.

So ours is a time of pacience and vigilence..

The story of the plagues of Egypt is one that i would like to remember.

Simply because it's narration is beyond the logic we live by.

I would say that most live by trying to make the lie stick..

But then that is personal truth.

Lots to be learned in the workplace.

If it says good move or bad move, I feel it's patronising either way..

My actions have never been fair seeming to me.

Just trying to get past the probationary period and keep my job.. without it costing the world. Inshallah.

Saeeda Shaikh
05-16-2018, 09:43 AM
JazakaAllah khair for all your insight.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.