/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Aston mosque hit-and-run injures two

99sobi
04-27-2018, 07:26 PM
27-04-2018: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-43925991

Two men have been injured in a hit-and-run outside a mosque, with detectives saying they have not ruled out terror as a motive.

The men, aged in their 20s, were struck on Ettington Road in Aston, Birmingham, at about 14:15 BST.

One of the men suffered a head injury while the other was said to be "walking wounded".

Police are searching for the driver of a silver car who did not stop at the scene.

Det Insp Greg Evans said: "At this time we have not ruled in or out the potential that this could be terror-related, but we're keeping an open mind until we have investigated further."
He appealed for witnesses and anyone with dashcam or CCTV footage to contact police.

The reason I am posting this is because the masjid that was targeted, or the masjid where the incident occurred (not yet clear which one) was Shah Jalal Masjid, which is the one I go to and is very close to my house - the incident had taken place at the time of / after Jumu'ah salah.

May Allah grant shifa to those who were injured.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.