/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Begging/Asking for money.

ameerkam
04-29-2018, 12:43 AM
Salaam,
I heard that a person can only ask for money if they are indebted and act as a guarantor, they have lost their property or they have no money.
But what if it's in casual circumstances like a friend asking another if they'd buy him his meal/or a coffee because they don't have any cash on them. The person isn't starving or anything, but asks anyway. Also if a friend wants to treat someone else to a meal that the other friend can afford, is it haraam for him to accept?
Also, it states that three wise people (men?) have to verify whether the person is actually poor or not. Is that still applicable today?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
04-29-2018, 01:52 AM
On the authority of Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) who said, ” Whoever relieves a believer’s distress of the distressful aspects of this world, Allah will rescue him from a difficulty of the difficulties of the Hereafter. Whoever alleviates [the situation of] one in dire straits who cannot repay his debt, Allah will alleviate his lot in both this world and in the Hereafter. Whoever conceals [the faults of] a Muslim, Allah will conceal [his faults] in this life and the Hereafter. Allah is helping the servant as long as the servant is helping his brother. Whoever follows a path in order to seek knowledge thereby, Allah will make easy doe him, due to it, a path to Paradise. No people gather together in a house of the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying it among themselves, except that tranquility descended upon them, mercy covers them, the angels surround them and Allah makes mention of them to those in His presence. Whoever is slowed by his deeds will not be hastened forward by his lineage.”(Recorded in Muslim)

ameerkam
04-29-2018, 01:56 AM
Also, there were a couple of instances where I asked my father to buy me a book and I think I might have had enough money in my account, but it's in the good nature of my father to do this regardless as he doesn't mind. Should I pay him back?

azc
04-29-2018, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Also, there were a couple of instances where I asked my father to buy me a book and I think I might have had enough money in my account, but it's in the good nature of my father to do this regardless as he doesn't mind. Should I pay him back?
You have right to take money from your father.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.