/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why God is ONE?

whosebob
05-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Why God is ONE?

Logical reasons why there is only ONE God.

1. God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God.

1. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many? God would not do so, for it would be extremely complicated and confusing. Death is very difficult. It will be very hard to concentrate. That is why God made it easy to focus on one thought which is God's name. That's why God is ONE.

1. If there were more than one god, then it would be illogical to claim that any god is either all-knowing or all-powerful.

Do Gods exist?

Why should God…The Most Intelligent, Create another Deity?
It is impossible according to common sense. Perfection entails that God has exclusive control over his creation. One Ruler equals one Law.

What is Perfection, Perfection is ONE | He is 1, without any doubt.

God is not stupid. That is why there is no such thing as Gods, Demi-Gods or a Pantheon and such and such. It all originates from so called story-tellers that have concocted rubbish tales… just for quick buck.

Mankind’s need for stories has not changed to this day. You understand what is happening at present with our storytelling. We have become accustomed to Blasphemy; this was not always the case. Back in the day, Storytellers where the religious men. They informed there congregation about God. The Religious history of mankind has its origins seeded in Monotheism. It was eventually corrupted by many factors but the truth is, it all started with corrupt storytellers.

It is a generalization to believe that every Preacher would remain steadfast and devoted to God. Those that never understood the severity of blasphemy twisted the concept of One God into many…just for a gimmick. It eventually became something serious because that is what an ignorant society does, they believe these stories are real and they invest in it as their belief since they find it fascinating and different. They know it is a fallacy but they have false courage and make the stupendously wrong choice by turning again God’s oneness.

It all starts by thinking that God is a father, that He is in need of a family because he is lonely, that he is in need of a wife and son etc With time there is a Pantheon (Many Gods) In there stupidity, they are looking for a God that suits them which these corrupt storyteller readily provide evens to this day. May God protect us.

The Truth is quite simple…

God is perfect
He is need of no one
He sustains creation and is not in need of sustenance
He does not have children nor parents
And there is none like unto Him

So be wary of what you read and what you believe.

Do not plead ignorance on the Day of Judgment, it will not help you. So be wise and make the right choice…

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
05-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Occam’s razor!!!

Ümit
05-03-2018, 01:40 PM
For you this may sound logical, but I do not think that most atheists would agree on this logic of yours.
I cannot answer the question why there is only one God, why not multiple Gods.
It is because it is...why do we have two eyes? why two legs?

you ask the question why God would create another Deity? So, you are assuming that with multiple Gods, automatically means that the other Gods are created.
So what if all the other gods were also existing and not created?

I do believe in only one Almighty Allah...but I must admit that I am still looking for the logic that leads to one God. why multiple Gods would be illogical.
One logical answer could be this:
The definition of God is: “a Being without definition.” God cannot be defined, because if we define Him then we limit Him. And something limited is not God. By defining something, we give it borders. If, for example, I define an apple as a sweet round fruit that is green or red, then when I find a long purple fruit, I know that it can’t be an apple. An apple is limited to being round and red or green. That is its definition. God can’t be defined, because by defining Him you are saying that there’s something He can’t be; but this could not be true, because God is unlimited.
That’s why there can be only one God. Because if you don’t have a definition, then there is nothing outside of you. There can be no “other.”

Scimitar
05-03-2018, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umie
For you this may sound logical, but I do not think that most atheists would agree on this logic of yours.
I cannot answer the question why there is only one God, why not multiple Gods.

if this doesn't make sense to you, then nothing will!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
05-03-2018, 09:19 PM
If there was a second God, non of the two Gods would be omnipotent and a God who is not omnipotent, a deficient God contradicts with the idea of God. If he is deficient why is he still God? That doesnt make sense.

فصيح الياسين
05-04-2018, 04:32 AM
I am soory to Say but rrally its not worthy to be logical proofs cuz logic of science has its own manners to proof existence and oniness of god which can be read in qadhi sarha sulam ul uloom its 300 years old i guess

Ümit
05-04-2018, 06:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar

if this doesn't make sense to you, then nothing will!
Wrong.
I already gave a possible example for a logical explanation in my previous post.
Summary: God is a term without definition. to define God means to describe its limits. and if God has limits then God would not be omniotent and there is room for a second God beyond these limits.

The guy in the video you shared makes the assumption that multiple Gods would ruin the Earth. I know it is not just an empty assumption because it is a verse out of the Quran, and it does make sense somewhere, but still it is not neccessarily the case. so there is still a logical gap somewhere.
Look at the Christian trinity. They also believe that God is one...but existing in three parts, the father, the son and the holy spirit. Those three entities would not disagree with each other because behind the scenes they are one.

The trouble I have with this is why Christians need a trinity of God. by believing in a trinity, you are forced to define the three entities...you have to give them boundaries. Christians keep the definition of these entities vague. I still do not understand the exact difference between the holy spirit and the father. I still do not understand why Christians have the need to pray to Jesus when they can pray to the holy spirit which overpowers everything. So also not logical. Christians make it much more complex by believing in this trinity.

format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
I am soory to Say but rrally its not worthy to be logical proofs cuz logic of science has its own manners to proof existence and oniness of god which can be read in qadhi sarha sulam ul uloom its 300 years old i guess
Please explain what you mean.
I've never heard of the qadhi sarha sulam ul uloom. What is it and where does it come from?
Logic is a gift from Allah to us. It gives us the possibility to use our minds properly to distinguish between good and wrong. you can not believe in something which makes no sense. you can not believe in something which is unlogical.

We do not attempt to proof the existence or oniness of God. this cannot be proven. But still it should be at least logical.

Scimitar
05-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Not sure you know what logic is!

Ümit
05-04-2018, 08:19 PM
Yeah that must be it...İ do not know what logic is.

Ümit
05-05-2018, 06:57 AM
By the way...thanks for your argumentum ad hominem...

Scimitar
05-05-2018, 08:46 AM
By the way...thanks for your argumentum ad hominem...
Not sure you know what that is either - argumentum as hominem is “character assassination” in a conversation or debate! I haven’t done that. You’re displaying signs of paranoia! I’m concerned! Maybe you should stay off forums until you can manage yourself?

Zeal
05-05-2018, 06:51 PM
It's true the arguments in OP can be broken down quite easily if you play devils advocate

Like why can't god be created

Why can't two gods be all knowing and why do they even have to know everything...

Many times you've set down foundations without proof I.e: god is not stupid he all knowing and god is most intelligent

Ümit
05-05-2018, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Not sure you know what that is either - argumentum as hominem is “character assassination” in a conversation or debate! I haven’t done that. You’re displaying signs of paranoia! I’m concerned! Maybe you should stay off forums until you can manage yourself?
You may not like me...that is OK...but then please ignore me if you can't stand my reactions instead of getting ugly. İ do not wish to argue with you.

And if you have nothing usefull to add in a topic...then please keep quiet...
Thank you very much.

Zafran
05-06-2018, 01:18 AM
Summary: God is a term without definition. to define God means to describe its limits. and if God has limits then God would not be omniotent and there is room for a second God beyond these limits.
Your using language and language has limitation anyways. Abdul Hakim Murad famously said that theology is the least stupidest way of talking about God. How can a finite being like ourselves talk about God the infinite? However as God has given us reason and logic (and even a revelation) we can deduce that another God cannot exist as another God would either be more or less powerful (compromised will) so one of these beings cannot be God.

God is defined as all powerful using the limitations of language as we are finite, this is the closest thing we are going to Get to understanding God. So when God says God is the absolute that doesnt restrict God - its so Humans can understand God - the same applies with reason and logic - all these are for Humans and the divine is not need of them or constrained by them.

The guy in the video you shared makes the assumption that multiple Gods would ruin the Earth. I know it is not just an empty assumption because it is a verse out of the Quran, and it does make sense somewhere, but still it is not neccessarily the case
Of course it is - if the infinite divine being tells us that another God would lead to a destruction of the universe then what other reason do we have to believe in any other God? as they have not sent any revealtion or communicated its logical to believe that only one God exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Logic is a gift from Allah to us. It gives us the possibility to use our minds properly to distinguish between good and wrong. you can not believe in something which makes no sense. you can not believe in something which is unlogical.

We do not attempt to proof the existence or oniness of God. this cannot be proven. But still it should be at least logical
Not at all morality isn't just rational deduction - it also has to do with being merciful, kindness, empathy, sympathy - non of these are rational they are emotive. Its a mixture of both and the only way we know this is because of the divine anchor through Revelation and prophethood.

God is one - any other being cannot be God logically. No other God has sent revelation or prophets therefore one God exists.

Scimitar
05-06-2018, 08:58 AM
You may not like me...that is OK...but then please ignore me if you can't stand my reactions instead of getting ugly. İ do not wish to argue with you.

And if you have nothing usefull to add in a topic...then please keep quiet...
Thank you very much.
im genuinely concerned for you. I now am starting to think you may be of a paranoid disposition and maybe even hearing voices. I’ve not been “ugly” to you. Truth is I’ve been quite accommodating to your lines of enquiry.

In fact im going to recommend to you a book by Hamza Andreas Tzortzis, the Divine Reality. It’s about £15 on amazon and I highly recommend it to you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!