/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Too many salat and waswas at the same time?

cinnamonrolls1
05-01-2018, 09:49 PM
Salam all( sorry for the rant/tangent!)
This might not make the most sense but here goes: iv had waswas for like the past 4 months about passing gas and breaking wudu. I thought it was getting better but i seem to have relapsed :(
I make wudu like 4 times. I think iv broken my wudu, so i redo it, then i change my mind. Then i change my mind again. Im constantly praying salah from like a day ago!!
When i do break wudu, like actually, im burnt out. Iv tried to ignore the waswas, and its not working. My parents have spoken to me countless times but its not working. I sometimes dont make the prayer in time. Like today, i went to pray maghrib at like 9:30 , isha was at 10:05. Im quite slow in making wudu. I broke it( i was sure at the time, but now im having these stupid doubts again) so i redid my wudu and started praying again, broke my wudu again. I knew i wasnt gonna be able to do wudu and pray before the next prayer, so i just carried on praying, there was like 8 mins until isha prayer.
Im tired all the time, it takes me almost an hr to pray one prayer plus the other one im making up from like the day before( not sure if broke wudu, realise after i did, change mind again but its such an overpowering feeling i did). Iv had enough wallah. I broke down crying this week and last week, i have exams in two weeks and its ramadan soon. I cant take this anymore. I cant even tell sometimes if its just waswas or if i actually did something. Im so tired though guys, its so frustrating, and its tiring me out. I dread salah time, because i have to make wudu obvs, and i always worry abt if im gonna break it or not- most of the time im pretty sure irs just my waswas and not me actually breaking it). Ik iv made threads like these before but i just cant anymore. Is this God just testing me? Or punishing me for sins iv done before?? I really dont know and i cant bear this anymore. Im like 98% i broke wudu during asr, i was so tired rho, and have had enough of redoing salah that i just carried on praying. Id already made wudu once, so i made it again because of the awful waswas/ maybe gas and then it broke. I know i sinned, but i just cant deal with this anymore brothers and sisters. Please keep me in your duas, idk why i made this thread tbh, but im tired, and have had enough of this. I havent read Quran in ages, my iman is so low and i feel like im barely coping tbh.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zzz_
05-02-2018, 12:31 AM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

we all have our tests in life to go through, this one seems to be yours. Remember the harder shaytan comes at you, the harder you push back. If he is not giving up then or should you. Inshallah lots of dhikr and refuge in Allah from the cursed shaytan will help. May Allah make is easy on you and help you get through this inshallah.

IslamLife00
05-02-2018, 02:37 AM
Sister, do your best ignore waswas.

On islamqa I have read that certain physical conditions are exempt, you still have to do wudu but do not have to repeat it and salah is still valid. Maybe you are exempt.

May Allah make it easy for you and accept your salah

Add : I just saw on your other thread that you fulfill the criteria of exemption, so don't let shaytan play with your mind.

azc
05-02-2018, 02:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
This might not make the most sense but here goes: iv had waswas for like the past 4 months about passing gas and breaking wudu. I thought it was getting better but i seem to have relapsed :(
I make wudu like 4 times. I think iv broken my wudu, so i redo it, then i change my mind. Then i change my mind again. Im constantly praying salah from like a day ago!!
When i do break wudu, like actually, im burnt out. Iv tried to ignore the waswas, and its not working. My parents have spoken to me countless times but its not working. I sometimes dont make the prayer in time. Like today, i went to pray maghrib at like 9:30 , isha was at 10:05. Im quite slow in making wudu. I broke it( i was sure at the time, but now im having these stupid doubts again) so i redid my wudu and started praying again, broke my wudu again. I knew i wasnt gonna be able to do wudu and pray before the next prayer, so i just carried on praying, there was like 8 mins until isha prayer.
Im tired all the time, it takes me almost an hr to pray one prayer plus the other one im making up from like the day before( not sure if broke wudu, realise after i did, change mind again but its such an overpowering feeling i did). Iv had enough wallah. I broke down crying this week and last week, i have exams in two weeks and its ramadan soon. I cant take this anymore. I cant even tell sometimes if its just waswas or if i actually did something. Im so tired though guys, its so frustrating, and its tiring me out. I dread salah time, because i have to make wudu obvs, and i always worry abt if im gonna break it or not- most of the time im pretty sure irs just my waswas and not me actually breaking it). Ik iv made threads like these before but i just cant anymore. Is this God just testing me? Or punishing me for sins iv done before?? I really dont know and i cant bear this anymore. Im like 98% i broke wudu during asr, i was so tired rho, and have had enough of redoing salah that i just carried on praying. Id already made wudu once, so i made it again because of the awful waswas/ maybe gas and then it broke. I know i sinned, but i just cant deal with this anymore brothers and sisters. Please keep me in your duas, idk why i made this thread tbh, but im tired, and have had enough of this. I havent read Quran in ages, my iman is so low and i feel like im barely coping tbh.
:wa:

Take it easy sister, recitation of Quran makes us closer to Allah swt. Even your wudhu is broken you can keep on reciting Quran

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zzz_
05-02-2018, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
:wa:

Take it easy sister, recitation of Quran makes us closer to Allah swt. Even your wudhu is broken you can keep on reciting Quran
Stop misleading muslims.
you cannot touch the mushaf without wudu. but recitation off of memory or digitial quran is acceptable.

azc
05-02-2018, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
Stop misleading muslims.
you cannot touch the mushaf without wudu. but recitation off of memory or digitial quran is acceptable.
162634: Ruling on reciting Qur’aan in a state of minor impurity (without wudoo’)
If it is mustahab to recite(from memory) with wudhu then would it be makrooh to do so with out wudhu?.

Published Date: 2011-06-13

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with reciting Qur’aan in a state of minor impurity (without wudoo’), and some of the scholars have stated that there is consensus on its permissibility. There are saheeh hadeeths concerning this matter which demonstrate that it is not necessary to do wudoo’ if one wants to recite Qur’aan and is in a state of minor impurity. Rather the difference of scholarly opinion has to do with touching the Qur’aan and whether one who is in a state of major impurity (janaabah) can recite it; the majority of scholars are of the view that both of these matters are not allowed.

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) that that he stayed one night with Maymoonah, the Mother of the Believers, who was his maternal aunt. I lay down across the width of the mattress and the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and his wife lay along its length. The Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) slept until halfway through the night, or just before or after that. The Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) woke up and started wiping the sleep from his face with his hand. Then he recited the last ten verses of Soorat Aal ‘Imraan, then he got up and went to a waterskin that was hanging there, and did wudoo’ from it and did it well, then he stood and prayed.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4295; Muslim, 763

Imam al-Bukhaari included this hadeeth in a chapter entitled:

Chapter on Reciting Qur’aan after Minor Impurity and otherwise.

Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

This indicates that Qur’aan may be recited without wudoo’, because he slept for a long time, so there is no question that he woke up without wudoo’; then he woke up and recited Qur’aan before he did wudoo’, then he did wudoo’ after that and prayed.

End quote fromal-Tamheed lima fi al-Muwatta’ min al-Ma‘aani wal Asaaneed, 13/207

Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

This indicates that it is permissible for one who is in a state of minor impurity to recite Qur’aan; this is the consensus of the Muslims.

End quote from Sharh Muslim, 6/46

And Allah knows best.
https://islamqa.info/en/162634?_e_pi...0%2C1451233354

cinnamonrolls1
05-02-2018, 09:49 AM
The thing is tho, i dont qualify for being exempt anymore.
Like lets say i redo wudu like x4 cos of waswas, n actually break my wudu like maybe once or twice. Do i have to redo my wudu/ start praying again?

cinnamonrolls1
05-02-2018, 09:49 AM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

we all have our tests in life to go through, this one seems to be yours. Remember the harder shaytan comes at you, the harder you push back. If he is not giving up then or should you. Inshallah lots of dhikr and refuge in Allah from the cursed shaytan will help. May Allah make is easy on you and help you get through this inshallah.
Ameen, thank you brother

ahmed.younes
05-02-2018, 09:59 AM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

Salam brother, it is not recommended to say inshallah during dua

The Prophet [salAllahu alayhi wa salam] said: “Let not any one of you say, ‘O Allaah, forgive me if You will, O Allaah, have mercy on me if You will.’ Let him be resolute in the matter, whilst knowing that no one can compel Allaah to do anything.” [Saheeh Bukhari and Muslim]

- - - Updated - - -

Ameen, thank you brother
You need to completely ignore the waswas or it will consume you. And make lots of dua, read quran inshallah
may allah grant you cure

IslamLife00
05-02-2018, 01:05 PM
The thing is tho, i dont qualify for being exempt anymore.
Like lets say i redo wudu like x4 cos of waswas, n actually break my wudu like maybe once or twice. Do i have to redo my wudu/ start praying again?
If you are no longer exempt then yes you need to repeat wudu. Focus more during wudu or salah, that way shaytan can't mislead you.

It takes practice, doesn't happen overnight.

Supernova
05-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Asalaamualaykum:

Strangley enough, I read your other post just the other day and was going to answer to that and now you have posted this.

On the other thread you wanted to find out if you qualify to be a Mazoor. In that thread you have indicated no WasWas about passing the gas but you have indicated that due to your medication you was sure about passing gas.

Now - you are claiming that you had "WasWas" about passing that gas.

This is 2 possibly completely different rulings in fiqh for one has WasWas about passing gas as compared to someone who is aware and sure about passing gas multiple times.

I hope you can see the difference. Being sure about passing gas multiple times is very different from having WasWas about it.

Your case is complicated as you seem to be confused about it in itself and I highly recommend to forward your question to a very learned scholar based on the above complication I have mentioned.

ahmed.younes
05-02-2018, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum:

Strangley enough, I read your other post just the other day and was going to answer to that and now you have posted this.

On the other thread you wanted to find out if you qualify to be a Mazoor. In that thread you have indicated no WasWas about passing the gas but you have indicated that due to your medication you was sure about passing gas.

This is 2 possibly completely different rulings in fiqh for one has WasWas about passing gas as compared to someone who is aware and sure about passing gas multiple times.

I hope you can see the difference. Being sure about passing gas multiple times is very different from having WasWas about it.

Your case is complicated as you seem to be confused about it in itself and I highly recommend to forward your question to a very learned scholar based on the above complication I have mentioned.

Akhi what are you talking about? She has waswas, which is a very common case amongst many muslims... What is complicated about her case? I've been through the same thing, same experience... It is waswas...

cinnamonrolls1
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum:

Iv passed it on to an imam but iv gotten no reply. I actually am taking medication, and im sure it was cos of that, but its just strange quite frankly.
I know i probably seem insane tbh, but i had/still do have waswas at the same time( if that makes sense?)
Its very strange, as this has started all of a sudden like 2-3 months ago. Im aware of the rules for waswas- dont redo until ur absolutely sure etc and i try to follow those rules- they work fine for other stuff but its just salah im struggling with. Either way, inshallah im trying hard, and i really cant keep redoing my salah all the time cos of exam revision lol.

cinnamonrolls1
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed.younes
Akhi what are you talking about? She has waswas, which is a very common case amongst many muslims... What is complicated about her case? I've been through the same thing, same experience... It is waswas...
Yeah, i looked it up online and its apparently very common :( may Allah help us all and grant us all shifa ameen!

Supernova
05-02-2018, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed.younes
Asalaamualaykum

You need to read the other post carefully as to why I pointed out the difference between WasWas and knowing with certainty that one has passed gas.

My advice still stands the same that taking both permutations into account it becomes a complicated matter that a Learned scholar has to make a ruling on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.