/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Evil Eye

siy
05-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I am a young woman that has over the past years developed a big fear of Evil Eye. In every conversation I have I am fearful of mentioning good things about my life, and also fearful of sharing my struggles in fear of being ungrateful. I am aware my fear is exaggerated as I have opened up about it and searched the web about it as well, but am unsure of to which extend you really should be fearful of things such as Evil Eye and sounding ungrateful. I have found that the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said "Know that if the entire creation were to gather together to do something to benefit you - you would never get any benefit except that Allaah had written for you. And if they were to gather to do something to harm you - you would never be harmed except that Allaah had written for you. The pens are lifted and the pages are dried." Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
05-03-2018, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by siy
Assalamu alaikum

I am a young woman that has over the past years developed a big fear of Evil Eye. In every conversation I have I am fearful of mentioning good things about my life, and also fearful of sharing my struggles in fear of being ungrateful. I am aware my fear is exaggerated as I have opened up about it and searched the web about it as well, but am unsure of to which extend you really should be fearful of things such as Evil Eye and sounding ungrateful. I have found that the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said "Know that if the entire creation were to gather together to do something to benefit you - you would never get any benefit except that Allaah had written for you. And if they were to gather to do something to harm you - you would never be harmed except that Allaah had written for you. The pens are lifted and the pages are dried." Any advice is greatly appreciated.
selamun aleykum,
a few things, Evil eye can be disastrous, I agree on that. Do not mention good things in your life to everyone. If you think someone has his /her evil eye on you, recitate surah Nasr and Falakh. Usually that should be enough. the hadeeth you are quoting has nothing to do with this. Is just means that any good or bad someone can do to you is by Allahs will. they cannot do more good or bad to you than what Allah orders.
So, it does not mean that they cannot help you or harm you at all.
last but not least, you can share your struggles without being ungratefull. having a problem does not mean you should cope with it on your own. you should share your problems with people you can trust. you should look for help.

Inshaallah can you find the solutions you seek for your struggles.

aleykum selam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.