/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are braces haram

glitterprincess
05-06-2018, 09:52 AM
al salam a'likom
So i have a gap between my 2 front teeth it's not horribly big that it destroies the way my teeth look it's just a gap not too big but slightly big can i put braces to fix them and if not please tell me the reason al salam a'likom

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zzz_
05-06-2018, 03:50 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

They are not haram. most things in Islam are not haram unless stated otherwise. If the reason is to fix some imperfection/defect then there's nothing wrong in that. But if your teeth are perfectly normal and the ortho himself says they are fine and there's no need for them but someone insists for some superficial "perfection" or to look like some idol of theirs then it could be haram. So it all depends.

onnanoko
05-06-2018, 06:39 PM
Why should braces be haram? ^o)

- - - Updated - - -

https://islamqa.info/en/69812

This aayah does not mean that it is not allowed to have one’s teeth straightened - islamqa.info
Allaah says interpretation of the meaning “VerilyWe created man in the best stature mould” [al-Teen 954]yet nowadays we find people going to orthodontists to ha...

glitterprincess
05-06-2018, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by onnanoko
Why should braces be haram? ^o)

- - - Updated - - -

https://islamqa.info/en/69812

This aayah does not mean that it is not allowed to have one’s teeth straightened - islamqa.info
Allaah says interpretation of the meaning “VerilyWe created man in the best stature mould” [al-Teen 954]yet nowadays we find people going to orthodontists to ha...
Thanks i guess i thought maybe i just wanted to make sure thanks for helping me

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
onnanoko
05-06-2018, 07:02 PM
you're welcome :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.