/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Earning money from YouTube ??

Samir90
05-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Is Google and YouTube ( owned by Google) enemy of Islam??
And if yes , then will the money earned from YouTube halal?? Earning is done by ads from which the profit is shared between the video uploader and YouTube so we can say that it is a business partnership from which the profit is shared . The main question is if Google is an enemy of Islam , then will the earning be halal??
There is an anti Islamic video on YouTube which was uploaded few years ago and created controversy..This video was banned in many muslim countries but for rest countries, it was available! And Google refused to remove the video just because it didn't violate 'their terms of service'
....They lost the case in U.S. court and was forced to remove the video...but then counter claim was done which they won this time and the video came back next day !!!
Can we say that this the company is an enemy of Islam ??
And if it is then how will the earning and partner program with YouTube be halal ???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
05-10-2018, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samir90
Is Google and YouTube ( owned by Google) enemy of Islam??
And if yes , then will the money earned from YouTube halal?? Earning is done by ads from which the profit is shared between the video uploader and YouTube so we can say that it is a business partnership from which the profit is shared . The main question is if Google is an enemy of Islam , then will the earning be halal??
There is an anti Islamic video on YouTube which was uploaded few years ago and created controversy..This video was banned in many muslim countries but for rest countries, it was available! And Google refused to remove the video just because it didn't violate 'their terms of service'
....They lost the case in U.S. court and was forced to remove the video...but then counter claim was done which they won this time and the video came back next day !!!
Can we say that this the company is an enemy of Islam ??
And if it is then how will the earning and partner program with YouTube be halal ???
Asalaamualaykum:

Very good question.

Fortunately I do have an answer for you as I did approach a very high ranking Mufti regarding the issue in principle somewhere along my travels on earth.

If a person works for a company that is anti-shariah but yet the job description is halaal then it is fine. Example: An IT programmer in a Brewery. His/her IT skills can a simple issue like enhancing the pay-scale software. In this case, it will be allowed.

However - If another Muslim in the same Brewery Company is in say for example Marketing or Sales related of the Haraam product, then his job will deemed as Haraam.

To me this makes sense. If the alternative measure is enacted upon whereby the very ethos or product of the company is applied and concluded as Haraam employment, then the following will apply (Just to name a few)

No Muslim will be allowed to work in any Bank on any level even it be a janitor !!!

No Muslim will be allowed to work in a clothing shop on any level that sells clothing which are not modest.

No Muslim will be allowed to be a teacher at State School based on the anti-shariah curriculum

No Muslim can lecture in College or University level based on the reason above.

And the list will on and on.

Samir90
05-13-2018, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum:

Very good question.

Fortunately I do have an answer for you as I did approach a very high ranking Mufti regarding the issue in principle somewhere along my travels on earth.

If a person works for a company that is anti-shariah but yet the job description is halaal then it is fine. Example: An IT programmer in a Brewery. His/her IT skills can a simple issue like enhancing the pay-scale software. In this case, it will be allowed.

However - If another Muslim in the same Brewery Company is in say for example Marketing or Sales related of the Haraam product, then his job will deemed as Haraam.

To me this makes sense. If the alternative measure is enacted upon whereby the very ethos or product of the company is applied and concluded as Haraam employment, then the following will apply (Just to name a few)

No Muslim will be allowed to work in any Bank on any level even it be a janitor !!!

No Muslim will be allowed to work in a clothing shop on any level that sells clothing which are not modest.

No Muslim will be allowed to be a teacher at State School based on the anti-shariah curriculum

No Muslim can lecture in College or University level based on the reason above.

And the list will on and on.

But in this case it is not just about getting paid from anti-sharia company.
YouTube offers sort of business partnership in which the earning is shared between the user and YouTube ....so business partnership with anti-sharia company halal?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.