/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Muslim parents should bring up their children?

Imamah Ali
05-10-2018, 05:16 PM
Dear readers, peace be upon you..!!

In today's world we find parents are more busy with their work and worldly things, they think their responsibility lies in putting their wards in some fancy school, throwing lavish birthday parties, getting them expensive gifts, allowing them to watch their choice of films and daily soaps and giving them only worldly knowledge.

Is this really what prophet Muhammed pbuh wanted his ummah to be like ?

Today, children at young age are engaged in haraam relationship, doing haraam things in the name of love and ending up becoming sin doer, following worldly philosophy of love, they are depressed because of wrong company and guidance, they are drug addicts, they are causing corruption. At their age, heart breaks, bullying, body shaming, suicidal attempts, failure, watching indecent content and admiring worldly beauty have become common.

Its high time parents should teach children to follow the path of our beloved prophet Muhammed pbuh. Instead of telling them stories of some kings and queens, tell them the stories of prophets, how they endured pain, kept patience and spread the message of God. How they avoided distractions and evil thoughts whispered by satan. How they controlled their anger and gave it a right direction. How in every situation they thanked Allah for his graciousness and mercy, how they get contented with the smallest thing that Allah bestowed upon them and how they persevere through hard times and became extraordinary.

Instead of giving them novels of love, war and mystery, give them holy quran written in language they understand best. Teach them etiquettes of prophet Muhammad pbuh and his lifestyle. From sleeping to eating, from bathing to walking, from dressing to addressing, remembering Allah before starting and finishing anything, in short following the footprints of the prophet. Instead of giving brush and toothpaste in their hand, give mishwak, instead of deploying servants for them or you yourself doing their work, teach them to get their work done by itself, show them the path of fair earning and being polite in their words and action, teach them how to offer namaaz and recite quran, tell them about the glory of Allah and significance of last day and how Allah is just with everyone and hates the transgressor and how sternly he will punish the evil doer. Guide them in choosing their friend circle and give your time to them and have knowledge of what they need.

Therefore, for successful life in this world and to achieve salvation in the hereafter, follow the exemplary life of the holy prophet who provides model for the humanity.

Ask for refuge from Allah if things get out of your control, "Verily, Allah is most merciful".

Allah Hafiz..!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
05-10-2018, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imamah Ali

In today's world we find parents are more busy with their work and worldly things, they think their responsibility lies in putting their wards in some fancy school, throwing lavish birthday parties, getting them expensive gifts, allowing them to watch their choice of films and daily soaps and giving them only worldly knowledge.

Today, children at young age are engaged in haraam relationship, doing haraam things in the name of love and ending up becoming sin doer, following worldly philosophy of love, they are depressed because of wrong company and guidance, they are drug addicts, they are causing corruption. At their age, heart breaks, bullying, body shaming, suicidal attempts, failure, watching indecent content and admiring worldly beauty have become common.

Its high time parents should teach children to follow the path of our beloved prophet Muhammed pbuh. Instead of telling them stories of some kings and queens, tell them the stories of prophets, how they endured pain, kept patience and spread the message of God. How they avoided distractions and evil thoughts whispered by satan. How they controlled their anger and gave it a right direction. How in every situation they thanked Allah for his graciousness and mercy, how they get contented with the smallest thing that Allah bestowed upon them and how they persevere through hard times and became extraordinary.

Instead of giving them novels of love, war and mystery, give them holy quran written in language they understand best. Teach them etiquettes of prophet Muhammad pbuh and his lifestyle. From sleeping to eating, from bathing to walking, from dressing to addressing, remembering Allah before starting and finishing anything, in short following the footprints of the prophet. Instead of giving brush and toothpaste in their hand, give mishwak, instead of deploying servants for them or you yourself doing their work, teach them to get their work done by itself, show them the path of fair earning and being polite in their words and action, teach them how to offer namaaz and recite quran, tell them about the glory of Allah and significance of last day and how Allah is just with everyone and hates the transgressor and how sternly he will punish the evil doer. Guide them in choosing their friend circle and give your time to them and have knowledge of what they need.

Therefore, for successful life in this world and to achieve salvation in the hereafter, follow the exemplary life of the holy prophet who provides model for the humanity.

Ask for refuge from Allah if things get out of your control, "Verily, Allah is most merciful".

Allah Hafiz..!!
Very good post - I could write a book about this topic.

Imamah Ali
05-10-2018, 06:33 PM
I just tried, actually I wanted to keep it as short as possible. I wanted to share with my muslim frnds who are not so religious.

xboxisdead
05-10-2018, 06:56 PM

Allah Hafiz..!!
Excellent!! :D;D

Also it is about time fathers put more effort and input in raising their children. Don't leave it to your wife to do all the raising and you spend your time bringing the money. That is not your role. Sorry. Bringing money to the house is an obligation but not your role...your really job...your actual bosses in that house you build. You have duty to your wives and children they take precedence over having a new promotion and money. In fact, I will go as far to say if your job is taking you away from home and you come home tired..change jobs, decrease in your financial income..change homes and lessen in your materialism including from toys, cars, furniture (if you must) move to a cheaper place if you have too and have less stuff if it means being able to actually do your job better as a husband and father. You need to make sure the children see so much of you and feel you have so much input in their lives to a point they want to take a break from you...not the other way around where you come home tired and say..."Go to your room and I need to watch TV."

How many fathers know their children's friends? How many fathers know if their children is being bullied? Their grades? Are they doing good in school or not? How many fathers take their sons to the mosque together? How many fathers played with their daughters and went out with them? How many fathers played sports with their sons and made sure their sons do good in school? How many fathers actually did jihad to make sure their son study and studied with him and made sure he passed? How many fathers take time to listen to their daughters distress or sadness or or? How many fathers made sure their daughters have activities? How many fathers made sure their daughter felt special and loved? The list goes on and on and on...

There is a whole list of things in Muslim family that is so lacking. If it is hard to do..I want something easier to do it. That is the mentality we have here. I do not have time and energy for my kids, they are hard to raise..they are hard to work..can I just let them watch tv and I am free of them? This is the mentality we have now.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
keiv
05-10-2018, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
Excellent!! :D;D

Also it is about time fathers put more effort and input in raising their children. Don't leave it to your wife to do all the raising and you spend your time bringing the money. That is not your role. Sorry. Bringing money to the house is an obligation but not your role...your really job...your actual bosses in that house you build. You have duty to your wives and children they take precedence over having a new promotion and money. In fact, I will go as far to say if your job is taking you away from home and you come home tired..change jobs, decrease in your financial income..change homes and lessen in your materialism including from toys, cars, furniture (if you must) move to a cheaper place if you have too and have less stuff if it means being able to actually do your job better as a husband and father. You need to make sure the children see so much of you and feel you have so much input in their lives to a point they want to take a break from you...not the other way around where you come home tired and say..."Go to your room and I need to watch TV."

How many fathers know their children's friends? How many fathers know if their children is being bullied? Their grades? Are they doing good in school or not? How many fathers take their sons to the mosque together? How many fathers played with their daughters and went out with them? How many fathers played sports with their sons and made sure their sons do good in school? How many fathers actually did jihad to make sure their son study and studied with him and made sure he passed? How many fathers take time to listen to their daughters distress or sadness or or? How many fathers made sure their daughters have activities? How many fathers made sure their daughter felt special and loved? The list goes on and on and on...

There is a whole list of things in Muslim family that is so lacking. If it is hard to do..I want something easier to do it. That is the mentality we have here. I do not have time and energy for my kids, they are hard to raise..they are hard to work..can I just let them watch tv and I am free of them? This is the mentality we have now.
Although I'm not a parent, I always promised myself never to be that way if I ever become one. Although the dad might have good intentions when dedicating his life to his job, it actually creates a toxic environment at home. The mom is alone with the kids all day long, the kids (boy or girl) have no father figure in their life and reach out to friends or others for someone to fill in that gap, and when the dad comes home, the first thing on their mind is to eat and relax. When the kids get in the way, the dad starts to get frusturated and mad which makes it even harder on the mom. Arguing starts and the kids are exposed to this. Rinse and repeat and the kids end up growing up witnessing this their whole lives as kids/teens. As a result of all this, we have the dysfunctional family.

Its sad but its a very common reality.

xboxisdead
05-10-2018, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
Although I'm not a parent, I always promised myself never to be that way if I ever become one. Although the dad might have good intentions when dedicating his life to his job, it actually creates a toxic environment at home. The mom is alone with the kids all day long, the kids (boy or girl) have no father figure in their life and reach out to friends or others for someone to fill in that gap, and when the dad comes home, the first thing on their mind is to eat and relax. When the kids get in the way, the dad starts to get frusturated and mad which makes it even harder on the mom. Arguing starts and the kids are exposed to this. Rinse and repeat and the kids end up growing up witnessing this their whole lives as kids/teens. As a result of all this, we have the dysfunctional family.

Its sad but its a very common reality.
The majority of African children in USA in prison are males and the majority of these male children are in prison because they are raised by single mothers no man around. Majority of these male children are also gay and the percentage is high, high, high. That is not natural. Those boys are aching and craving for a male love that could have only being fulfilled by having a father who hug him or kiss and teach him how to be a man...he end up going gay and crime. Also because he is raised by single mother he starts to act like a female and when his mother is hyper masculine he becomes hyper feminine. So these boys end up hyper sensitive, hyper sexual, hyper emotional. Majority of African girls are raped and perform sexual act. Majority of these girls are grown in single mother home. 3 out 4 of African girls are raped by their uncle or some man the mother brings in home because she is craving relationship. These girls grow up hyper, hyper, hyper sexual...get pregnant at early age and repeat cycle.

It is a disaster when a male is removed from the family unit and it is more disaster when he is in the family unit but does not perform his duty. I always said to myself if my father was alive and he does not play his role I prefer him dead than alive. At least when he is dead I can picture the best of him and imagine the best of him if he was alive. Of course my father is dead and my mom said great things about him..he was a superb Muslim...superb..superb..most responsible and intelligent human being I have ever seen. He is sooo smart and mature and responsible. He was responsible at age 10 to take care of his brother. Men like him are rare nowadays.

If you are not this mature at young age of 14 and above and you act like 2 year old at that age...do not get married. If you believe it is the woman's role to raise children alone and you bring the bacon...do not get married.

Imamah Ali
05-11-2018, 04:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
The majority of African children in USA in prison are males and the majority of these male children are in prison because they are raised by single mothers no man around. Majority of these male children are also gay and the percentage is high, high, high. That is not natural. Those boys are aching and craving for a male love that could have only being fulfilled by having a father who hug him or kiss and teach him how to be a man...he end up going gay and crime. Also because he is raised by single mother he starts to act like a female and when his mother is hyper masculine he becomes hyper feminine. So these boys end up hyper sensitive, hyper sexual, hyper emotional. Majority of African girls are raped and perform sexual act. Majority of these girls are grown in single mother home. 3 out 4 of African girls are raped by their uncle or some man the mother brings in home because she is craving relationship. These girls grow up hyper, hyper, hyper sexual...get pregnant at early age and repeat cycle.

It is a disaster when a male is removed from the family unit and it is more disaster when he is in the family unit but does not perform his duty. I always said to myself if my father was alive and he does not play his role I prefer him dead than alive. At least when he is dead I can picture the best of him and imagine the best of him if he was alive. Of course my father is dead and my mom said great things about him..he was a superb Muslim...superb..superb..most responsible and intelligent human being I have ever seen. He is sooo smart and mature and responsible. He was responsible at age 10 to take care of his brother. Men like him are rare nowadays.

If you are not this mature at young age of 14 and above and you act like 2 year old at that age...do not get married. If you believe it is the woman's role to raise children alone and you bring the bacon...do not get married.
Really, ur points are worth appreciating.

azc
05-11-2018, 02:24 PM

Allah Hafiz..!!
:jz:

good post, bro.....!

Imamah Ali
05-11-2018, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
:jz:

good post, bro.....!
I am your sister.

azc
05-11-2018, 03:24 PM
I am your sister.
Oh..! Thanks sister.

Why have you chosen ''Imamah Ali'' as your user name..?

Any specific reason..?

Ejaz Ahmed
05-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Bcoz that's her real name..
Imamah means a female leader..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.