/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

ameerkam
05-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Are all nightmares from the devil? Or can some be from your own nafs?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
05-13-2018, 05:11 PM
Saaiduna Abu Saaed ul-Khudri Radiallahu Anhu narrates that he heard the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam say ‘When someone amongst you sees a good and pleasing dream, he should know that it is from Allah, and so he should praise and thank Allah, and describe to others what he saw in his dream. But if he sees something that he dislikes then it is from Shaitan, so he should seek refuge from Allah (SWA) from its evil and should not mention it to anyone’. (Sahih Bukhari p.1034 v.2)

The following ahadith have been taken from Imam Nawawi’s Riyadhus Saliheen with regards to seeing a bad or scary dream.

Saaiduna Abu Qatadah Radiallahu Anhu reports that the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam has said, “A good vision (dream) is from Allah and a bad dream is from the Satan. He who sees something in a dream that he dislikes, should blow thrice on his left, must seek Allah’s Refuge from the evil of the Satan (i.e., by saying: A`udhu billahi minash-Shaitanir-Rajim). Then it will not harm him.” (Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim).

Saaiduna Jabir Radialahu Anhu reports that the Prophet of Allah (PBUH) said, “When one of you sees a bad dream let him blow three times on his left, seek refuge in Allah from the Satan three times (i.e., by saying: A`udhu billahi minash-Shaitanir-Rajim) and change the side on which he was lying.”

(Sahih Muslim) (Extracted from Riyadhus Saliheen p.245)
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa-birmingham/19396

Ümit
05-14-2018, 10:43 AM
For what I know about dreams:
During your sleep, your soul leaves the body and wanders around the world (this world or the other world, I do not know). So your soul sees the truth always, During the return of the soul to your body, Shaytaan interferes and tries to confuse you so the memories got mixed up. sometimes he manages to mix it up a lot and sometimes a little. so, when you wake up, you will remember it as a dream but to which level it contains the truth...you do not know.

I might be wrong on this one. if so, please correct me.

HisServant
05-14-2018, 08:33 PM
I always tend to believe that sometimes nightmares may be a sign of truth of inner realities that requires one working on himself/herself. (based on my own experiences). Remembered a teacher's advice that before sleeping we should make dua and request for true and good dreams. Found this online:

Dua for good dream from sunnah of sayyida ‘Aisha radi Allahu ‘anhu:
Allahumma ini as aluka ru’ya saadiqatan ghayra kadhiba nafiyatan ghayra daarah hafizatan ghayra nasiya
Translation: O allah I ask you to show me a dream which is true not a lie that is of benefit not of harm that I remember and not forget

Even with a good dream be careful of whom you tell, remember prophet Yusuf's A.S father advised not to tell his brothers due to enmity between them.

He (the father) said: "O my son! Relate not your vision to your brothers, lest they should arrange a plot against you. Verily, Shaytan is to man an open enemy!'')
-Surah Yusuf ayah 5.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by umie
For what I know about dreams:
During your sleep, your soul leaves the body and wanders around the world (this world or the other world, I do not know). So your soul sees the truth always, During the return of the soul to your body, Shaytaan interferes and tries to confuse you so the memories got mixed up. sometimes he manages to mix it up a lot and sometimes a little. so, when you wake up, you will remember it as a dream but to which level it contains the truth...you do not know.

I might be wrong on this one. if so, please correct me.
InshaAllah, make relevant duas before sleeping so this does not happen. Even if possible, is it really???

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.