/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qiyamul-Layl class Sh. Omar Suleiman

HisServant
05-16-2018, 03:43 AM
Assalamu Alykum,

I was recently listening to this amazing lecture by Sh. Omar Suleiman. Here are a few pointers:

- Sadaqah and Qiyam is inter-related and important for diminishing one's appetite for this dunya.
"They arise from [their] beds; they supplicate their Lord in fear and aspiration, and from what We have provided them, they spend.
And no soul knows what has been hidden for them of comfort for eyes as reward for what they used to do."- (32:17)
- Standing up most of the nights and then seeking forgiveness almost at the end
- A way to commit the Quran to memory is achieved by standing up at nights.
- A person has denied Allah's love when asleep and Allah is calling upon us, (personalization)
- Prophetic reading of Surah Al Mulk (protection in the grave) and Surah Sajdah at nights (fear will make us wake up)
- Cure for Riyaa (showing off to others) hiding good secrets...amongst the 7 shaded is a person who remembers Allah when he's all alone and his eyes becomes filled with tears.
- Performing Fajr and Ishaa in congregation is the hardest on the hypocrites.
- Those who pray Qiyam ul Layl have the freshest face (nur).

Imam ibn Qudamah rahimahullah (may God have mercy on him) narrated, one of the salaf (first generation of Muslims) said that his father taught him about developing consciousness of Allah (swt) each night before sleeping by teaching him some words. He taught him to say:

"Allahu ma’ee. Allahu shahidi. Allahu nazirunilayya."
- Allah is with me, Allah is Witnessing me, Allah Sees me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View the entire the lecture:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.