/* */

PDA

View Full Version : About Taraweeh

Imamah Ali
05-17-2018, 10:36 AM
Assalam alaiykum,
This year I have decided to read Taraweeh, but I am confused whether I should read 8 rakats or 20 rakats? And how should I read my salah of Isha with it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuhammadHamza1
05-17-2018, 10:45 AM
The Sunnah is to read 8 rakahs.But because The Sahabah had to complete the whole Quran in these 8 rakahs which they offered each day,it meant that alot of Quran had to be read in 8 rakah which meant that each rakah took a lot of time.This was difficult for the Sahabah so they increased the number of rakahs to 20 so that less Quran would be recited in each rakah and this would shorten the size of each rakah.And the number was increased upto 36.So the Sunnah is 8 rakahs but if it is difficult for you you can increase the number of rakahs.

- - - Updated - - -

Pray Isha then pray 2 rakahs of Sunnah prayer which are offered after Isha .Then you start the Taraweeh prayer and after that offer the Witr.

Imamah Ali
05-17-2018, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuhammadHamza1
The Sunnah is to read 8 rakahs.But because The Sahabah had to complete the whole Quran in these 8 rakahs which they offered each day,it meant that alot of Quran had to be read in 8 rakah which meant that each rakah took a lot of time.This was difficult for the Sahabah so they increased the number of rakahs to 20 so that less Quran would be recited in each rakah and this would shorten the size of each rakah.And the number was increased upto 36.So the Sunnah is 8 rakahs but if it is difficult for you you can increase the number of rakahs.

- - - Updated - - -

Pray Isha then pray 2 rakahs of Sunnah prayer which are offered after Isha .Then you start the Taraweeh prayer and after that offer the Witr.
But I will be reading surah Taraweeh at my home. And what about Isha prayer?

AabiruSabeel
05-17-2018, 10:55 AM
This question was recently asked here. Please see this thread for detailed discussion:
Tarawih - 20 rakah or 8?

First pray 4 rakat of obligatory Isha. Then pray 2 sunnah rakat. And then start praying Taraweeh prayers.

At the end, pray 3 rakat of witr prayer.

Tarawih - 20 rakah or 8?
Assalamualikeum, I have a dobut regarding the night prayer tarawih. Is is a must to perform all the 20 rakah of tarawi or can we perform just 10 or 8...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.