/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic ruling on the dress code of women

AlinaZ
05-19-2018, 10:16 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum sisters.

Is my perception on the dressing within islamic bounds correct?

1) Hiijab to cover hair and chest

2) Loose Jalibab/Abaya/Long Dress till the tops of the feet to cover the body so that the shape/figure isn't prominent.

3) Long enough till the tops of the feet as showing feet isn't permissable.

4) Front-close flats as shoes to conceal feet?

Kindly let me know ASAP as I want to commence dressing as the righteous women do.

Jazakillah Khair!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlinaZ
05-19-2018, 11:09 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

If I post a picture with a hiijab covering my hair and my front as well as a long dress concealing my body till the tops of my feet and wearing front-closed flats, is that allowed?

If people see me that way anyway, will I get gunnah for posting a picture even if I'm all covered up?

Jazak'Allahu Khayran!

Abz2000
05-19-2018, 01:42 PM
As someone living in a country where most people dress modestly and feel ashamed of flirting brazenly, it's easier to understand that it's not only a case of making billions of rules and then skirting them, a person can easily fulfill all the stated apparent obligations - yet be the idol carrying the wine cup (poison ivy) of the carnival or shopping center with a bunch of sometimes giggling, and sometimes rough and rude boys on her trail.

Requires much personal deep thought - think for yourself as you're unlikely to be arrested by people here on earth - yet you may be arousing the jealousy of the One who actually loves you and cares for you and to whom you will return and answer for your inner secret feelings.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.