/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic ruling over make-up

AlinaZ
05-19-2018, 10:29 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum beautiful sisters!

I would really like to know the ruling on makeup within islamic bounds.

I know Kohl is permitted, that I put in eyes and drag out a little at the ends. Is that okay?

I have bad skin so I do wear concealer and foundation, as that does not change the shape or enhance much I have heard that is acceptable too.

However, I would like to know is blush on allowed? (A subtle pink colour, matt with no shimmer or anything) ?

Not too much, just to add a little of colour in the apples of my cheeks and a bit on my nose so I look healthy otherwise I look very dull. :(

Do let me know ASAP.

Jazakillah Khair!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
05-19-2018, 04:58 PM
Would you like an "officially" stamped waver from someone who doesn't ACTUALLY have the authority to override God - or would you like to think sincerely and critically for yourself about your relationship with your Creator based upon truth?The best answer is to be found within your intentions and who you plan to show it all to - and why.

Please avoid intentionally or unintentionally discrediting the believers by making them fall head over heels in legislating non-binding stuff without context.

Muslims are not like jews in that regard and do not write billions of laws. please try to keep a decent and pious atmosphere, if not for yourself then for the next generation since they are innnocent and pure in comparison to ourselves, children are getting confused a lot these days by the haraam and brazen actions of adults - usually mothers who they see more of - and often due to negligent in duty or negatively-encouraging fathers.
I don't claim to be an angel and speak from experience when i state that an over-decking woman or tight t-shirted muscular dude is usually very naive. also the dumb blonde cliches are not without merit - since the focus, intellect, and attention of an individual when outdoors tends to melt away and give way to vain and corrupt thoughts when the person assumes that he/she has actually accomplished something by fetching cheap stares from desperate strangers who see her as a clown from an x-rated circus.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...aI6azwoctMXiIg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blonde_joke

If you are still uncertain, maybe help set up a genuine islamic standards policing commitee that has authority to enforce standards and can look into complaints about lewdness based on knowledge and practicality on an individual basis - that way you can all play a part and won't have to ask about vague verdicts that cannot be enforced and are simply used to confuse and raise the eyebrows of the ignorant mass media consumers in society to lead them astray through the over-patronising legislation which they are allowed to ignore.
Too much legislation overwhelms and then corrupts a society then legal wrangling and hypocrisy becomes the norm.

Umm♥Layth
05-20-2018, 01:04 PM
Asalaam Aleikum :)

You really have to ask yourself what your intentions are as far as wearing makeup. Generally, makeup is used to bring out one's beauty. If you are just covering blemishes then that changes things. What you want to avoid is attracting people, especially men to your looks. I hope that makes sense.

This is the best answer I could find for you. It is not a fatwa though.

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2017/...eup-in-public/

You are a Muslim whether you wear makeup or not. However, the way of religious women is to limit its application when leaving the home so that you don’t attract the undue attention of the opposite gender. Slight application to cover blemishes and the like would be fine; but doing yourself up would not. Do your best, and ask Allah Most High for steadfastness.

Supernova
05-20-2018, 06:57 PM
I am sure that I am getting more intelligent in life.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Miss khan
05-21-2018, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
Asalaam Aleikum :)

You really have to ask yourself what your intentions are as far as wearing makeup. Generally, makeup is used to bring out one's beauty. If you are just covering blemishes then that changes things. What you want to avoid is attracting people, especially men to your looks. I hope that makes sense.

This is the best answer I could find for you. It is not a fatwa though.

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2017/...eup-in-public/
Sister is it ok if lipsticks are consumed? if someone wear lipstick and eat or drink, the lipstick is gone with food. I wonder would that be halal? As it may have fats etc

Umm♥Layth
05-21-2018, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Miss khan
Sister is it ok if lipsticks are consumed? if someone wear lipstick and eat or drink, the lipstick is gone with food. I wonder would that be halal? As it may have fats etc
You will have to look up the list of ingredients for your particular lipstick. For example, a vegan lipstick wouldn't have any animal products in it.

Miss khan
05-21-2018, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
You will have to look up the list of ingredients for your particular lipstick. For example, a vegan lipstick wouldn't have any animal products in it.
Oh that means I have to look for V in cosmetics too

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.