/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I donate money to help Syrians or do I have to donate to my own community

Stoic
05-21-2018, 12:21 PM
I feel so sorry for their condition I wanna help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abukamel
05-21-2018, 01:35 PM
As salam alaikum

A general charitable donation is called sadaqah and is an act of ibaadah. Yes, this is recommended ( mandoub).

The mandatory charity and act of ibaadah: Zakat, or the 2+% of wealth annual purification, is originally to be given to the imam/khalifah of the believers, who in turn distributes it according to the prescribed categories Allah AWJ indicated, as the imam determines it should be.

Today, the believer is accountable for to pay his zakat in the best way he can. Some modern ulama have said Muslims should pay zakat only to their own community, but this is not a strong or reliable interpretation.

In that sense, if you can insure within a reasonable way, that you can give zakat to those who will help Syrian orphans or masakeen- such as you know a trusted, knowledgeable brother/shaykh travelling to Syria to aid orphans and want to give your zakat for him to pay it, then this is your fulfillment of zakat, and may Allah reward you.

And Allah knows best.

KnowledgeFinder
05-21-2018, 02:02 PM
As Salamualaikum brother abuKamel, could u pleae give your opinion on my post please titled. "severe OCD najis inside ear canal"
May Allah reward you for doing so InshaAllah Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.