/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rewards for helping the sick people?

Falafel
05-28-2018, 09:14 PM
:sl: wa rahmatullah!
Hope you are all doing well and have a blessed Ramadan.
I want to ask if i get rewarded for helping my father who is paralyzed on one page.
He got a stroke 10 years ago now his left side is paralyed, me and my family helping him with everything we can do.
I also help many people when i see they need help when i am outside, e.g. in the super market.
But the issue is i am not praying!
I am worried if i die one day i will go to hell. Is that true ?
I read some ahadith who help the sick will go to Jannah.
Or are all my good deeds void ?
I am a person i would never betray or do anything else to another person, i am only worried about my death...
Hope you can give me an advice
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
05-28-2018, 10:15 PM
InshaAllah you will be rewarded for all these good deeds of huqooqul ibad but you (all of us) have to perform our duty concerning huqooqullah as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Zzz_
05-28-2018, 10:20 PM
Kindness, helping others and as such deeds will have their own rewards. But not praying is kufr (disbelief). It is the 2nd most important pillar after the shahadah. Prophet (S) said he is not one of us who abandons prayer and that this (prayer) is what differentiates us from them (non-believers). Also there is another hadith staying that if your salah is good then the questioning in the grave will be easy if not then not so easy. So you have start praying bro, it's not something to take lightly and neglect.

Hamza Asadullah
05-29-2018, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Falafel
:sl: wa rahmatullah!
Hope you are all doing well and have a blessed Ramadan.
I want to ask if i get rewarded for helping my father who is paralyzed on one page.
He got a stroke 10 years ago now his left side is paralyed, me and my family helping him with everything we can do.
I also help many people when i see they need help when i am outside, e.g. in the super market.
But the issue is i am not praying!
I am worried if i die one day i will go to hell. Is that true ?
I read some ahadith who help the sick will go to Jannah.
Or are all my good deeds void ?
I am a person i would never betray or do anything else to another person, i am only worried about my death...
Hope you can give me an advice

My dear brother we cannot be expected to be saved from the fire whose fuel is men and stones, if we do not even fulfill our basic obligations unto Allah. You know in your heart that the prayer is an important obligation hence why you feel fearful of your fate after death. Then what is stopping you from praying?

Remember: Prayer (Salah) is the foundational pillar of our faith (Imaan)

Just as a physical structure cannot stand without its foundational pillars, our Islamic faith cannot stand without the foundational pillar of Salaah.

The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Between us [the believers] and them [the disbelievers] is the prayer, and whoever leaves it falls into kufr (Disbelief)". (Al-Tirmidhi)

He also said, “What is between a person and committing shirk (associating partners with Allah) and kufr (disbelief) is abandoning the prayer” (Muslim).

He said further, “The first matter that the servant [of Allah] will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad” (Al-Tabarani)

With regards to acceptance of good deeds then even those of us who do pray have no guarantee whether our good deeds will be accepted or not then what about those of us who neglect the prayers?

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: [B] “Whoever abandons the ‘Asr prayer, his deeds of worship become void.” (Bukhari, Muslim)

SubhanAllah this is a severe warning to those of us who are neglectful of prayer that we must take heed and begin praying at once if we do not want our good deeds to go to waste.

Please consider the following with an open heart:

Why do you not pray?

Oh my brother and sister, why do you not pray?

Why do you not pray when Allah has created you and has given you everything? And all he asks of you in return is a few minutes of each day and you cannot even give him that?

Why do you not pray when he could have made you a non believer yet he chose you and gave you imaan(faith)?

Why do you not pray when it is the very purpose of your life and creation?

Why do you not pray when the prayer is so important that Almighty Allah had to call the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) to himself, through the 7 heavens to his throne, in order to give the Ummah of Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) the prayer?

Why do you not pray when it is the prayer which distinguishes between faith and disbelief?

Why do you not pray when you know that you can die at any second and you risk dying without being able to utter the Shahada (proclamation of Islamic faith), due to the test of shaythan and therefore risk dying without imaan (faith)?

Why do you not pray when you risk seeing the Angel of Death in its worst and most ugly and disgusting form and appearance where it will handle the disobedient in a terribly harsh manner, forcing the soul from the body and dragging it away!

Why do you not pray when in the grave the two angels will ask you questions about your faith and you may not be able to answer them?

Why do you not pray when you know that you risk getting the grave punishment which is a punishment so severe that the Earth will constantly crush the body until the ribs interlock into each other, and the worst vermin of the Earth like snakes, scorpions and other creatures will constantly bite on the body?

Why do you not pray when you know you will certainly face Allah and the first question you will be asked is about the prayer? How will you answer it if you don't pray? If you fail to answer the first question then you will definitely fail to answer the rest of the questions!

Why do you not pray when you know that you are sacrificing the Hereafter which is for eternity just for this short temporary life which can end at any moment? You will not be able to take anything with you from this life except your deeds! Then what will you have to save you if you do not pray?

Why do you not pray when you know what a terrible day the day of Judgement day will be, where so many people will be in a state of terror and worry, and the sun will be above our heads and many will drown in their own sweat! There will be no water or shade except for the righteous!

Why do you not pray when you know you may end up in the fire, a place of terrible torture and torment that no one will ever have witnessed before. Where the fuel for the blazing fire will be of men and stones and there will be no drink except for boiling water and no food except for thorny plants and the blood, sweat and pus of the inhabitants! It is a place where it even seeks refuge from Allah against itself!

Why do not pray when you know you risk losing eternal happiness and bliss in Paradise where we can have whatever our hearts desire forever! It is a place where every inhabitant will be eternally beautiful and youthful without ever getting ill, or being inflicted with disease, nor will there be any depression nor unhappiness nor any pain. There will be no hatred, enmity, jealousy or malice. A life so pure and everlasting. Then how can we trade such a place for this short and temporary existence? How can eternity be traded for a short passing journey? The limited pleasures of this life can never be compared to the unlimited pleasures of Paradise!

Why do you not pray when you risk losing something better than Paradise. A gift to the believer like no other. Something that no other creation of Allah's has seen. Do you want to know what it will be? It will be the moment when Almighty Allah the most exalted and high reveals his beautiful face for the first time. It will be to the inhabitants of Paradise! How do you expect to be amongst the inhabitants of Paradise on that day when you do not pray?

Therefore we must pray and not ever miss another prayer again lest death overcomes us which can happen at any second. We must not waste anymore time as our time is very short indeed. We must not say we will begin praying "tomorrow" as tomorrow may never come.

So know that all is not lost if you start from now and not intentionally miss another prayer again for your eternity depends on it! Otherwise we will be utter regret but by then it will be too late!

So what better time for us to begin praying than right now during this blessed month. Right this moment let us raise our hands and sincerely repent to Allah on our knees, and proclaim to him our utter regret and sorrow for being so negelectful of our obligations. Let us make a firm intention and internalise in our minds and hearts that from this moment onwards we will try our best never to miss another prayer.

Remember that Allah has brought you here for a reason and surely it is to make you realise that you must start praying from this moment onwards. Believe me that when you start praying you will feel pure contentment and fulfillment in your heart that you have been missing and fill that void and you will feel closer and closer to Allah like never before.

So rejoice and thank Allah for giving you this reminder to begin praying from this moment onwards!

May Allah enable us all to not be neglectful of our prayer and to fulfill this most important obligation of ours to the best of our abilities. May Allah accept every atom of good deeds of ours and increase it many times over. Ameen

I'm A Muslim, But I Just Can't Pray Salah

Punishment For Leaving Salah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.