/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I’m not sure Islam is the right part for me

Ibrahim Lange
05-29-2018, 08:17 AM
My make is Ibrahim Lange who reverted to Islam 4 years ago but, lately I have wondered if Islam is the right path for me

The second question if is City Retreat Church Gate Leicester a safe environment for young family to attend?

On the 17th of February 2018 I was volunteering of City Retreat Church Gate Leicester when I was threatened and verbally abused by someone one named Musa during an Arabic lesson organised by City Retreat. Which incidentally was in infringement of my human rights.

Because I’m a vulnerable adult with mental health problem (bipolar) I Initially was in shock when I eventually reposted what happened to the directors of City Retreat initially they were supportive but, for some reason it went from any threats of violence to volunteers should not be tolerated to we’ll sort it out later. I was later informed that one of the trustees Zed attending City Retreat and made the decision that Musa wasn’t a treat to me, if so I would like to see the risk assessment he completed behind that decision.

I’ve been reliably informed that Musa has verbally abused A trustee at the centre before the incident on the 17/02/2018 then surely they was a risk assessment completed as City Retreat encourages women and children to use the centre if not why not?

I’m fairly sure that one of the trustees Mohamed Jussab (Incidentally the trustee who was verbally abuse several times by Musa) had something to do with Musa not being banned from City Retreat because when questioned the next morning deliberately lied when he got involved. Makes me wonder what he was trying to cover up, should have been written in the risk assessment which wasn’t done.

I could carry on about the incident and lack of risk management at City Retreat but in a nutshell, I feel that if they choose to work with people with behavioural problems A lot of policies and procedures should be put in place to safeguard uses of city retreat. I truly believe that the fact that there was no boundaries put in place the first time that Muse verbally abused someone at City Retreat put the users, staff and volunteers.

Also the fact Musa was not banned from City Retreat when he threatened me with violence Was an infringement on my human rights to live without the fear of violence and had serious Implications on my mental health.

I’ve decided to take this to court I’m just deciding which solicitor to used I truly believe that I’ve been left with no other option.

Back to the initial question is Islam right for me firstly, my mental health (bipolar) secondly, all that has happened I have been told that I should keep quiet about City Retreat but I truly believe that the safety of all that use City Retreat is too important thirdly, I’m spend most evenings to affair to leave the flat and not been able to attend Jummer during Ramadan finally, I have not been able to pray properly because of my concentration .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
05-29-2018, 05:38 PM
ok......

Abz2000
05-29-2018, 05:45 PM
If you moved to a place from another in order to be able to obey Allah and are still being threatened and abused despite being honest and truthful as to your intentions - and you are not transgressing bounds by practising sinful falsehood, treachery and deceit or promoting such, and if the person is provoking you and causing undue harm despite your will to repent of unjust ways and be guided by the light of truth and justice, please be truthful and do what is just in God's sight whilst calling upon Him for assistance.

If you are prepared to leave bygones as bygones and seek Allah's mercy whilst being sincerely and truthfully obedient to Allah, and you sincerely plan to do the same from now on - then that is the better course - if the other person is prepared to do so too.
Be sure that Allah doesn't deal unjustly with anyone when His judgement is sought - and that all surrounding and related events and details will be looked into and taken into account.

Futuwwa
05-30-2018, 08:23 AM
If you are convinced that Islam is the truth (which you should be, if you reverted to Islam in the first place), Islam is the right path for you. Better be an imperfect Muslim than none at all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.