/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lied about having a dream, what do I do?

AllahForgiveMe
06-02-2018, 12:45 AM
Salaam everyone,

So it all started with us eating dinner for opening our Fasting and basically we were just talking about this funny dream my brother had.
I jokingly said “I dreamt about a black horse” and everyone was intrigued. I thought it was funny so I just continued along. They asked me “what did he say” and you know, me being an idiot just said “oh I don’t remember anything.. I just remember him telling me that he liked to eat bananas”.
Now all of this was, as far as I know, meant to be a joke. I thought no one would take it seriously but then my mum started searching for interpretations and I did too and we discovered that seeing a Black Horse in your dream means that you’ll be blessed with happiness and wealth. Now my mum just... think that it’s true... she doesn’t know it was just a joke and I lied but I really don’t want to tell her now. I’m too embarrassed. I want to ask Allah for forgiveness because it is a major sin and the worst lie a person could tell...
which dua/prayer/Hadith should I make?

I know I'm an idiot.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
06-05-2018, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AllahForgiveMe
Salaam everyone,

So it all started with us eating dinner for opening our Fasting and basically we were just talking about this funny dream my brother had.
I jokingly said “I dreamt about a black horse” and everyone was intrigued. I thought it was funny so I just continued along. They asked me “what did he say” and you know, me being an idiot just said “oh I don’t remember anything.. I just remember him telling me that he liked to eat bananas”.
Now all of this was, as far as I know, meant to be a joke. I thought no one would take it seriously but then my mum started searching for interpretations and I did too and we discovered that seeing a Black Horse in your dream means that you’ll be blessed with happiness and wealth. Now my mum just... think that it’s true... she doesn’t know it was just a joke and I lied but I really don’t want to tell her now. I’m too embarrassed. I want to ask Allah for forgiveness because it is a major sin and the worst lie a person could tell...
which dua/prayer/Hadith should I make?

I know I'm an idiot.
Just tell the truth and seek forgiveness from Allah. Whenever you do something wrong, follow it with a good deed.

Secondly, no one really has the gift of interpreting dreams, so you and your family should avoid doing that. If you have a good dream, then feel free to share it, but if it's bad, better to keep to to yourself.

Dreams are of three types: rahmaani (those that come from Allaah), nafsaani (psychological, they come from within a person) and shaytaani (those that come from the Shaytaan). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Dreams are of three types: a dream from Allaah, a dream which causes distress and which comes from the Shaytaan, and a dream which comes from what a person thinks about when he is awake, and he sees it when he is asleep.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)

You can read more about dreams here.

Thirdly, don't EVER refrain from asking and seeking Allah's forgiveness even if you feel ashamed to do so. Lying is sinful in most circumstances and the worst lie you can do is the ones against Allah and the prophet, so I wouldn't say the lie you told is to that degree especially when it was intended to be a silly joke. Just refrain from lying in general, tell the truth, and seek forgiveness from Allah. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.