/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any kids or teen here ?

Nashita
06-03-2018, 02:52 PM
I am an eighteen year old from India and I find it difficult sometimes to live a life where one is restricted in many ways.

Young people usually get deviated! It's not that easy to become a good Muslim. The young generation today is exposed to much more than what the previous generation was. There are so many distractions and this and that.
Modern life is what we call a care-free life and that's what most are heading towards , no one actually cares or bothers.
I see people of my age doing what not and then blaming it's because of the age .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zzz_
06-03-2018, 05:21 PM
I am an eighteen year old from India and I find it difficult sometimes to live a life where one is restricted in many ways.
learn about your deen and you won't find restrictions. learn about the so called "freedom" and you'll find it an oppression.

bint e aisha
06-03-2018, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nashita

Young people usually get deviated! It's not that easy to become a good Muslim. The young generation today is exposed to much more than what the previous generation was. There are so many distractions and this and that.
Modern life is what we call a care-free life and that's what most are heading towards , no one actually cares or bothers.
I see people of my age doing what not and then blaming it's because of the age .
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah

MashaAllah your desire to become a good Muslim is praiseworthy. May Allah ta'ala always keep you on the straight path and protect you from sins. Ameen

You may also take a look at the following link, which is specifically for the Muslim youth:

http://www.islamicteachings.org/foru...ory/230-youth/

Wassalam

AllahIsAl-Malik
06-04-2018, 01:09 AM

how are things different? i dont really know much about India so I don't know the difference between its present and previous days

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alamgir
06-04-2018, 02:31 AM

Asalamu Alaikum

I'm 16, don't worry, there are loads of people like us, especially when you go to countries that are Muslim majority.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by AllahIsAl-Malik
how are things different? i dont really know much about India so I don't know the difference between its present and previous days
Asalamu Alaikum

I'm not Hindustani, but since I come from the same region (South Asia) I'll add my 2 cents.

Basically, there are several problems. The obvious ones are the same problems infecting everyone else, i.e the rise of liberalism, people mixing culture with Islam, and a lot of Sufi-type bidah.

There are some additional problems though that I find mostly limited to Hindustan, most notably, this Uncle Tom attitude a lot of Hindustanis who were born Muslim have. A lot of them feel the need to talk smack about their Muslim neighbours in Pakistan and be hyper-nationalistic about being Hindustani, whilst apologising for how Muslims dominated Hindustan for a thousand years and acting like those people have nothing to do with them (even though they are descended from them). The funniest part is, Hindustan still doesn't accept them (they get lynched, their Masjid's are taken down, Hindustani places are getting their Muslim names replaced with Hindu ones, Hindustanis cry whenever Muslims give their kids Islamic sounding names, Hindustanis consider them foreign to the land, etc).

It's all because Muslims are no longer the main power in the region. Once the Mughal era ended, you had a few Muslim dynasties spread across the region but none of them had a monopoly over it like they used to. As a result of this power vacuum, the British came in and conquered most of South Asia as well as Burma, this formed what was known as British India. Afterwards, British India was split into the modern nations of Hindu majority Hindustan and Muslim majority Pakistan (the latter then split into Pakistan and Bangladesh). Since Hindustan is a democracy, it means the Muslim minority is de-facto subservient to the Hindu majority. What makes it even sadder is Hindustani Muslims did kinda shoot themselves in the foot since most of them were actively against Pakistan forming for some pretty delusional reasons, e.g some of them thought they could somehow take over the place again if Muslims remained unified.

Imamah Ali
06-04-2018, 05:49 AM
Yeah so true, even I am 18 yrs old and have gone through manyyy distraction. I was once too much attached with this world, people and all, but I got decieved by most of them, everyone everything has hurt me. I always wanted a permanent source of peace and happiness. From childhood I used to read namaaz and Quran. There was a rule in my home that without reading at least one line of Quran we can't start our day. So these certain things used to keep me attach with my religion. I was born and brought up in a Hindu environment in India. All my friends were non muslim, so I always used to get misguided. But once I realized that this world is temporary and everything in this world is temporary, I have stopped attaching myself to this world. I deleted all my social account, because I realized when I needed people the most, none was there for me execpt my Allah, he always supported me, motivated me, calmed me. At some point or the other everyone in my contact has made me feel miserable. So finally I am in a stage where I don't care much about this world, doesn't mean I am cold hearted or an ignorant, I do have soft heart for good people but not more than that, I do help people when they need me but now I love my Allah more than anything. My journey to become like this person was tough but still I am happy that Allah helped in becoming like that. I get more peace and happiness in pleasing the creator rather than it's creation ,because in this world everyone wants more and they will be never satisfied. Once our imaan and taqwa will be strong nothing can distract us really, I am saying this from my personal experience.

Ejaz Ahmed
06-13-2018, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imamah Ali
Yeah so true, even I am 18 yrs old and have gone through manyyy distraction. I was once too much attached with this world, people and all, but I got decieved by most of them, everyone everything has hurt me. I always wanted a permanent source of peace and happiness. From childhood I used to read namaaz and Quran. There was a rule in my home that without reading at least one line of Quran we can't start our day. So these certain things used to keep me attach with my religion. I was born and brought up in a Hindu environment in India. All my friends were non muslim, so I always used to get misguided. But once I realized that this world is temporary and everything in this world is temporary, I have stopped attaching myself to this world. I deleted all my social account, because I realized when I needed people the most, none was there for me execpt my Allah, he always supported me, motivated me, calmed me. At some point or the other everyone in my contact has made me feel miserable. So finally I am in a stage where I don't care much about this world, doesn't mean I am cold hearted or an ignorant, I do have soft heart for good people but not more than that, I do help people when they need me but now I love my Allah more than anything. My journey to become like this person was tough but still I am happy that Allah helped in becoming like that. I get more peace and happiness in pleasing the creator rather than it's creation ,because in this world everyone wants more and they will be never satisfied. Once our imaan and taqwa will be strong nothing can distract us really, I am saying this from my personal experience.

woahh.. amazing.. inspiring.. role model

hinabutt
06-13-2018, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
learn about your deen and you won't find restrictions. learn about the so called "freedom" and you'll find it an oppression.
This is such a great advice :)

Ejaz Ahmed
06-25-2018, 06:26 AM
Check your Hangouts

- - - Updated - - -

Having exam here?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.