/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How women are treated in Madinah

AabiruSabeel
06-05-2018, 12:54 AM
By Omar Hajaj

One thing I realized whilst living in Madina is the way women are treated! As soon as I got to Madina, the airport shuttle that picked us up from the plane was so packed! When some women got on, the men immediately got up from their seats and allowed the women to sit down, they also moved away slightly to give them space and privacy. At first I thought that was strange but then I noticed that this is quite common pretty much everywhere in the city. After some time, I once saw a long que outside a shawarma place at night full of men and a woman came to make an order, all of the men willingly allowed the women to "jump" the line and make her order first. The funny one is when I saw a cash atm machine with lots of congestion of men trying to pull out money impatiently, a woman then walks in and they all move to the side to let her take out money first. Now that I am back in London and using London transport again, I am seeing new things! Women are all standing (including pregnant women with baby badges) and men uncaringly sitting down on their phones!
What is going on?!

#womensrights #muslimsdonotoppresswomen
#anightinmadina

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
06-05-2018, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
What is going on?!
It's called equality... and it's over-rated. Equity, on the other hand, now there's a thought to mull over.

AabiruSabeel
06-05-2018, 02:01 AM
It's the same in other cities of KSA as well. As Allah :swt: said about the Sahabah, وَيُؤْثِرُونَ عَلَىٰ أَنفُسِهِمْ

Scimitar
06-05-2018, 02:15 AM
59:9?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
xboxisdead
06-05-2018, 04:15 AM
By Omar Hajaj

One thing I realized whilst living in Madina is the way women are treated! As soon as I got to Madina, the airport shuttle that picked us up from the plane was so packed! When some women got on, the men immediately got up from their seats and allowed the women to sit down, they also moved away slightly to give them space and privacy. At first I thought that was strange but then I noticed that this is quite common pretty much everywhere in the city. After some time, I once saw a long que outside a shawarma place at night full of men and a woman came to make an order, all of the men willingly allowed the women to "jump" the line and make her order first. The funny one is when I saw a cash atm machine with lots of congestion of men trying to pull out money impatiently, a woman then walks in and they all move to the side to let her take out money first. Now that I am back in London and using London transport again, I am seeing new things! Women are all standing (including pregnant women with baby badges) and men uncaringly sitting down on their phones!
What is going on?!

#anightinmadina

Because women here want to be treated like men. The idea men and women are not different, we are the same and equal. If a man does anything for a woman here..he is called sexist and treat women like they are the inferior sex. So men have being trained since little children that boys and girls are the same, there are no difference between the sexes and women can do everything a man can do (if not better). This is the difference between a gender role world such as Muslims and a non gender role world such as the kuffar and feminist ideology. Here personally for non muslim women I treat them like men. To me, they are men. They are men that can have babies with advantages that real physical men do not have. So I do not open a door for non-Muslim women and infact I try to go ahead of them. They are my competitor. I have to compete against them. However, when I see Muslim sisters I treat them like what you posted how they are treated in middle East. Of course, if she a modern sister with feminist ideology then I treat her like the kaffir woman. Do not look at the men. They are not at fault 100% here. They are the construct of the society they live in.

*charisma*
06-05-2018, 04:43 AM
By Omar Hajaj

What is going on?!

#anightinmadina

Assalamu Alaikum,

This is absolutely true which is one of the reasons I loved living in KSA. In my own personal experiences, men lowered their gazes immediately whenever I walked past. Also in the malls and grocery stores, there are many brothers who take care of their children, keeping them occupied or carrying them around, as their women do the shopping. There are certain topics which are presented in the media such as the law against women driving, but in so many other ways they are compensated even for that that American or western women only dream about.

xboxisdead
06-05-2018, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum,

This is absolutely true which is one of the reasons I loved living in KSA. In my own personal experiences, men lowered their gazes immediately whenever I walked past.
I like that!! ;D;D;D That is beautiful! Islam is beautiful!

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Also in the malls and grocery stores, there are many brothers who take care of their children, keeping them occupied or carrying them around, as their women do the shopping. There are certain topics which are presented in the media such as the law against women driving, but in so many other ways they are compensated even for that that American or western women only dream about.

Honestly, I looooooooooooveeeeeeeeeeeee seeing fathers raising their children from like age 4 and up to adult. I love seeing fathers carrying their children around, playing with them...my heart melt and I feel like a little child suckling my thump when I see dads kiss their children on their cheeks and smile at them - sigh -. I want to live in Middle East again. But problem with the wars, oppression, bad government, evil government, millions of Muslims are kicked out of their homes, bombs...:heated::heated::heated::heated: It is harsh being there..but same time love being there.

Here in Canada I am tired of seeing only mothers and children and rarely do I see father with their kids. In Middle, mother, father and children. BEAUTIFUL!!! ;D;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.